Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Martin he has good size, long arms, and can be physical but he has gotten beat several times deep... I don't know if he feels more comfortable playing off or he just wasn't paying attention/ not keeping eye discipline on WR's hips. I don't know haven't got any all 22 film but I think I remember him look sloppy off the line...
Also, with Abernathy I don't know how well his coverage skills are. The NB has to be your most agile guy.. He HAS TO HAVE good hips, good footwork, and most importantly be very fluid getting in and out of breaks... Stay low and drive off your toes...

With Martin he has good size, long arms, and can be physical but he has gotten beat several times deep... I don't know if he feels more comfortable playing off or he just wasn't paying attention/ not keeping eye discipline on WR's hips. I don't know haven't got any all 22 film but I think I remember him look sloppy off the line...
Also, with Abernathy I don't know how well his coverage skills are. The NB has to be your most agile guy.. He HAS TO HAVE good hips, good footwork, and most importantly be very fluid getting in and out of breaks... Stay low and drive off your toes...

He was better his Sophomore year. Go watch him, I don't know what happened last year but he showed a lot of upside as a Sophomore.

Reactions: 1 person
2 guys on that Florida squad were almost Vols. The Allen kid who scored 34 tonight. And the coach White who left the Vols hanging and then they hire Tyndall.

Last edited:
That's an Agenda made bar if I ever saw one. Nobody but Bama loses talent like Barnett, JRM, Dobbs and Malone and improves their record. The best we can hope for this year is a one game increase. Too much NEW this year.

So who in the East has better returning talent?

Barnett is the big one. The others will be replaced. And the lines are veterans now. The 4-5 star guys are the older guys now so when will they dominate?

I see Antonio Callaway as a Jerry Rice/Michael Irvin/Randy Moss/TO/Calvin Johnson blend

No. His NFL comp is Sterling Sharpe (former Packers great and brother of HOF TE Shannon Sharpe).

I was watching highlights of Sterling Sharpe one day and the resemblance to Antonio Callaway was uncanny. If not for a neck injury in the midst of his prime, Sterling Sharpe would have been a hall of famer like his brother.

It's not that hard for an average player to stick out on a very crappy offense. I'm just not seeing it man. He's 5'11" with Malone type speed. Not every guy under 5'11" with wheels at WR will be the next Antonio Brown. I'll gladly eat crow, but the guy hasn't been a world beater. 721 yards and 3 TDs isn't going to land him in the HOF. Could be wrong but......

First of all, college stats have no correlation to NFL success. Secondly, Florida had piss poor QB play since Tebow left so you can't really judge a receiver in that offense based on stats. There are many times Callaway is open and the Florida QBs simply lack the ability to get him the ball.

I'm as confident about Antonio Callaway as I am any player scheduled to enter the draft in 2018.

As of right now here are my top 5 prospects for the 2018 NFL Draft:

1. RB Saquon Barkley (Penn State)
2. S Derwin James (Florida State)
3. WR Antonio Callaway (Florida)
4. DE Arden Key (LSU)
5. DT Christian Wilkins (Clemson)

Last edited:
So who in the East has better returning talent?

Barnett is the big one. The others will be replaced. And the lines are veterans now. The 4-5 star guys are the older guys now so when will they dominate?

This should be a good team. A lot of talented, experienced players. I think they have a good chance to be better than last season with the determining factors being QB play and Scott's ability as an OC.

Reactions: 4 people
This should be a good team. A lot of talented, experienced players. I think they have a good chance to be better than last season with the determining factors being QB play and Scott's ability as an OC.

Should be better at wide receiver if JJ and Byrd improve and one of the guys like Callaway steps up. I assume they will with new coaching. Secondary should be better with massive upgrade in coaching staff. DL will be better overall since they won't all be on the sidelines watching at the end of the season and also Hoke is regarded as potentially being an upgrade. OL will be improved with more experience, better S&C and also better coaching. If this team gets good QB play this could be the year. Who knows what could happen there, some RS Fr are mediocre, some have won the heisman

Should be better at wide receiver if JJ and Byrd improve and one of the guys like Callaway steps up. I assume they will with new coaching. Secondary should be better with massive upgrade in coaching staff. DL will be better overall since they won't all be on the sidelines watching at the end of the season and also Hoke is regarded as potentially being an upgrade. OL will be improved with more experience, better S&C and also better coaching. If this team gets good QB play this could be the year. Who knows what could happen there, some RS Fr are mediocre, some have won the heisman

S&C coaches have always been hyped on here, but this is the first time I have been truly excited about one. We went from having the equivalent of a GA leading the team and an open spot to a proven, respected NFL S&C coach. That is huge.

Even the guys on defense playing the last few games seemed like that were less than 100%. Kirkland, Sutton, every safety on the team even the walkons that never play, dline, etc all looked banged up.

Reactions: 1 person
S&C coaches have always been hyped on here, but this is the first time I have been truly excited about one. We went from having the equivalent of a GA leading the team and an open spot to a proven, respected NFL S&C coach. That is huge.

Even the guys on defense playing the last few games seemed like that were less than 100%. Kirkland, Sutton, every safety on the team even the walkons that never play, dline, etc all looked banged up.

I agree. I think this is the year if we get good QB play

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back