Recruiting Forum Football Talk XXXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Ole Miss get a bowl ban and reduced scholarships?

If the answer is yes or it likely will be yes, Jones

HF beating saban multiple times and recruiting that well at a lesser job makes me wonder what he would do here. Violations are the only reason its a hard choice for me.

HF beating saban multiple times and recruiting that well at a lesser job makes me wonder what he would do here. Violations are the only reason its a hard choice for me.

Everybody cheats

But when you cheat and get caught, now you're under the microscope

That means for a period of time you'll be the only one not cheating. That's a death knell

Reactions: 3 people
Interesting question today in the office....who would you rather have as your coach for the next 5 years.....butch or hugh freese?

Butch hands down. Everyone knows ole miss cheated their way to a top class, and now Hugh us being exposed for the mediocre recruiter and coach that he is.

Reactions: 2 people

He's not a good recruiter. One good class ole miss paid big bucks for carried him to the success he's had. Those days are over and I'll be shocked if he's coaching in P5 in the next 3 or 4 years.

Butch hands down. Everyone knows ole miss cheated their way to a top class, and now Hugh us being exposed for the mediocre recruiter and coach that he is.
He is hands down the better coach. He got a worse program relevant before Butch.

Reactions: 1 person
Bruce Feldman ‏@BruceFeldmanCFB
SOURCE: Former #Michigan head coach Brady Hoke is expected to become the new D-line coach at #Tennessee.

Brady Hoke won Coach of the Year honors in 3 different leagues, but his roots are as a DL guy. He should be a good addition for the #Vols.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
SOURCE: Former #Michigan head coach Brady Hoke is expected to become the new D-line coach at #Tennessee.

Brady Hoke won Coach of the Year honors in 3 different leagues, but his roots are as a DL guy. He should be a good addition for the #Vols.

Guess Thig is staying. Going to miss Strip but love the hire! Hope we can keep Strip on an admin deal of sorts.

He's not a good recruiter. One good class ole miss paid big bucks for carried him to the success he's had. Those days are over and I'll be shocked if he's coaching in P5 in the next 3 or 4 years.

He nailed last recruiting class too. Patterson QB, Little OL, and Jones DT are all fantastic as freshmen.

Hoke is a great hire imo. My gut says we don't retain Mahoney and wells is the new OL coach. (He turned down USCjr OL job offer...had to know this job was his). And I think we add another LB coach when the extra spot opens up.

He had more than one class.

Remember when Hoke randomly visited practice like 2 years ago? It seems like any time a coach has any sort of connection with Butch whatsoever, he eventually ends up on staff.

The lesson to be learned here is that we can expect Erik Spoelstra to be a GA at Tennessee in about 3 years.

Reactions: 10 people
lol seriously? They were/are a worse program.

Admittedly haven't paid much attention to Ole Miss but I do remember Butch playing a lot of walk on guys in the secondary in his first year because the talent was so depleted. Not to mention in his second year he played so many true freshman because they were light years better than the rest of the roster.

I'm surprised nobody posted about it when it happened (if you've still got the game on DVR, check it out).

Towards the end of the 3rd quarter, Atlanta was forced to call a timeout and, as Ryan was walking off the field, you could tell that it had something to do with his in-helmet communcation not working. As he approached the sideline, the network mics were picking up some of his words, and he was saying something about not being able to hear. Then, there is a brief cameo by none other than VFL Matt Simms. Ryan looks at him and, obviously, asks him if he was hearing anything, and the mics actually picked up Sims' response: "I couldn't hear sh!t"

Made me chuckle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back