'17 FL OLB Shanon Reid (UT Committ 12/7/2016)

So his quotes confirm that Sapp is our starting OLB?

Love his confidence, I hope any bumps in the road don't shake it.

I love the confidence Reid has and the expectations he sets for himself and Tennessee. He has the opportunity to come in and be an early contributor. I can truly see the LBs taking a big step forward next season when they get healthy. I just hope Reid keeps the same attitude even if he does not earn a starting spot, because he can still be a vital part of the LB rotation. Regardless, to have that kind of competition is only going to promote growth within the LBs.

I love the confidence Reid has and the expectations he sets for himself and Tennessee. He has the opportunity to come in and be an early contributor. I can truly see the LBs taking a big step forward next season when they get healthy. I just hope Reid keeps the same attitude even if he does not earn a starting spot, because he can still be a vital part of the LB rotation. Regardless, to have that kind of competition is only going to promote growth within the LBs.

He just needs to keep this season in the back of his mind. We lost our top 3 or 4 LBs and were playing guys that probably thought they weren't gonna see the field unless we were blowing teams out. Injuries happen and even the guys that aren't in the 2 deep need to be ready to go at a moments notice. Whether you get your opportunity because your the best or because of injuries, you have to be prepared to seize it when it presents itself.

I assume this guy is a WLB. So he is gonna jump three seniors and Quart'e Sapp? Good luck.

Is it likely? Prob not day 1 but maybe as season goes along. I'm thinking Bituli and Kirkland ends up being the main guys

Is it possible? For sure. Shoop likes speed at that spot. Sapp is coming off two straight years of knee injuries. It is reasonable to wonder how he comes back from that. McDowell, Berry and Jumper are not unbeatable at those spots. McDowell needs to shed some bad weight and get some speed back. Reid has a ton of potential. I can see a guy like that making a big move especially as an EE

I assume this guy is a WLB. So he is gonna jump three seniors and Quart'e Sapp? Good luck.

MLB Kirkland
SLB McDowell
WLB Reid

Sapp will rotate with him and McDowell.

Yeah.. i can see him playing or starting

MLB - Bituli, Ignont/Jumper
SLB - McDowell, ?
WLB - Sapp, Reid

Where is Blakely expected to play?
Could we see TKjr at WLB? Doubt it but possibly.

Bituli, Sapp, and Kirkland are the 3 starters imo, the only thing that could change is if Bituli proves not to be ready and McDowell might move to Mike. I do believe Shanon will play, he will start on special teams and be the 1st or 2nd off the bench.

Bituli, Sapp, and Kirkland are the 3 starters imo, the only thing that could change is if Bituli proves not to be ready and McDowell might move to Mike. I do believe Shanon will play, he will start on special teams and be the 1st or 2nd off the bench.

One thing that concerns me about Butch is his unwillingness to play the younger, more talented players. Fitzpatrick at Bama has been playing since his freshman year. I have a hard time believing that's warrior isn't one of the better options at safety and he never plays. Bituli never plays eother

One thing that concerns me about Butch is his unwillingness to play the younger, more talented players. Fitzpatrick at Bama has been playing since his freshman year. I have a hard time believing that's warrior isn't one of the better options at safety and he never plays. Bituli never plays eother

Didn't Barnett start day one?

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back