To all who want Butch gone

Les Miles
Shoop
Helfrich

All day everyday and twice on Saturday

Briles will never under any circumstances be the Head Coach here.

We've gone through our own title 9 crap, last thing administration would do is bring in a guy who had the controversy surrounding him.

Reactions: 3 people
To your point tho, the problems with Butch are correctable.

1) Learn how to handle the media. It seems like a skill that's eroded for him. Should be correctable. Also, be more consistent in your message to the media.

2) Fix the S&C program. I think he'll do this and it will be fine.

3) I don't know how realistic it is, but the idea floated in another thread about by DeBord coaching the line as co-OC and bringing in a QB coach as another OC would be great. If you can grab someone like Helfrich and let him call the plays, I think he can develop the QBs.

4) Let Shoop have his guys and stay out of the coordinators way. You have to operate on the assumption that Shoop will be fine with his dudes and a somewhat healthy defense.

Seems like a reasonable start.

For the first one, force Butch to watch how Saban does press conferences, then find a bottle of Orange Crush put it on the podium and quit trying to play amiable with the press. It's that old story about arguing with idiots - the press will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience - don't play the game.

oh yeah, he's insane. But he's a better recruiter than Butch, and he wouldn't embarrass or rub us the wrong way with his cheesy PC shenanigans.

I'm not sure about that. If you can fog a mirror, you can recruit at LSU. That area is teeming with great athletes that all grew up watching LSU and want to go to LSU.

He's been in the hardest division in college football at the equivalent of Vanderbilt, and somehow had them at #1 for a month. He beat Florida, and has never lost to Will Muschamp or Vanderbilt - so yeah, I'd be for it.

Also, he's not a cheesy dork.

Belk
Gator
Liberty
Music City

sounds like fun to me

oh yeah, he's insane. But he's a better recruiter than Butch, and he wouldn't embarrass or rub us the wrong way with his cheesy PC shenanigans.

They fired him because he could not win even with all of those great recruits.

Reactions: 1 person
They fired him because he could not win even with all of those great recruits.

He had More wins and actual championships than Butch Jones...which isn't saying much.

And he'd make you proud rather than making you squirm and being embarrassed.

Not taking sides here in this thread. Not looking for a debate on whether or not he should be fired.

If you were the AD and fired Butch today:

1. Who is the first coach you target?
2. What other coaches would you target?
3. Of those you target, who do you think you'd have the best chance of hiring?

1. Chip Kelly

2. Jon Gruden, Dan Mullen, Willie Taggart, Jeff Brohm, PJ Fleck, Mike MacIntyre

3. I actually don't think Kelly is that much of a long-shot. He's lost ten games in a row in the NFL, and if he's got the itch to come back to college, Tennessee is a pretty good place to do it. But if you don't get Kelly, Brohm is almost guaranteed to say yes if the AD doesn't hilariously screw things up. I also think you'd have a very good shot at Mullen.

Reactions: 1 person
:the_finger:Chip Kelly??????????? When Notre Dame fires him, he may be done with football coaching ever. Mullen might be the best of the remaining. Briles and Petrino have integrity issues. Every Tennessee opponent would welcome UT to hire Kelly.

1. Chip Kelly

2. Dan Mullen, Les Miles, Bobby Petrino, Art Briles

3. Dan Mullen

:the_finger:Chip Kelly??????????? When Notre Dame fires him, he may be done with football coaching ever. Mullen might be the best of the remaining. Briles and Petrino have integrity issues. Every Tennessee opponent would welcome UT to hire Kelly.

Chip Kelly coaches the 49ers, not Notre dame.

You could throw 20 million at Pete Carroll and he wouldn't come here. Also, USC's sanctions were a result of what happened under his watch.

If you pay Pete Carroll he will come here. The problem is we dont want to pay anyone, we wanna just get lucky.

If you pay Pete Carroll he will come here. The problem is we dont want to pay anyone, we wanna just get lucky.
Pete is competing for and winning Super Bowls. Just stop. If you really have that attitude you're setting yourself up for major disappointment. We are and have been willing to pay fair market value for coaches to come here. The problem is they still don't..

VN Store

Back