Tennessee favored by 9.5 over Vandy

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Fair? Too high? Too low?

patrickbrownTFP: Sun 11:13am Tennessee opens as a 9.5-point favorite against Vanderbilt per @TwitVI.

Reactions: 1 person
Everyone raved about Vandy's defense last year and we hung 53 on them. Ralph Webb is gonna be hard to stop, but I think we run away with it in the 2nd half just like we did Mizzou. I'd say too low, but who knows.

Reactions: 2 people
I wouldn't touch that spread...but I think we find a way to win...Vandy is a legit team and we basically have one DT and a bunch of 240 pounders playing out of position

Reactions: 3 people
If i were a betting man i'd take Vandy and those points. They have a good defense and good defenses slow this team down.. That's not good news knowing how bad our own defense is right now. This one has 4th quarter squeaker written all over it..

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Radio is gonna have his defense ready. If we can't patch the D line up a bit maybe the O/U would be a better discussion. It might need to be around 80 if we can't shut down Ralph Webb

I wouldn't touch that spread...but I think we find a way to win...Vandy is a legit team and we basically have one DT and a bunch of 240 pounders playing out of position

We literally don't have any one single "240 pounder playing out of position".

We have Kongbo who's listed at 270, but many have said is more like 285 right now.....we have Phillips at 260 (he looks much heavier to me), Picou at 275-280 and Mixon at 260. Yes we have injuries and guys playing out of position. Those are good excuses for not playing as well to be sure........but theyre in no way a legit excuse for giving up 1,400 yards and 70+ points the last two games vs two of the worst teams in the SEC East. Just because guys are undersized and being plugged in at different spots doesn't mean they should constantly, consistently be out of position and not able to tackle anybody when they get the chance.

Reactions: 2 people
Too much. I think it will be one possession and we could very well lose. They have something to play for. We don't.

too high.

Any betting persons should put as much as possible down on Vandy and the points.

Right now, I wouldn't trust the UT defense to hold Vandy to anything less than what the Commodores have averaged over their last 3 games (during which Vandy has gone 1-2). It wouldn't surprise me to see Vandy finish with something in the area of 1.3 times that average. That being said...

- Vandy offense is averaging 186 yds rushing, 249 yds passing, 24 points, and 18.2 yds per point over their last 3 games.
- "Worst case" scenario (1.3), backed by absolutely no scientific method at all, would give Vandy a 243 / 324 / 31 / 18.3 line.
- Scary thing is, I can see that 2nd line happening. This game might be a shootout.

I expect the Vandy defense to show up and make Dobbs & Company earn every yard. If the UT defense doesn't do the same to Schurmer & Webb, it could be a nail-biter.

Go Vols.

We're not getting the Sugar Bowl after losing to Will Muschamp.

If we are the 2nd ranked SEC team...Citrus and Sugar would both love to have us...they don't care about losses as much as they love money..and Vols travel and spend...many of us build vacations around bowl games.

If Vandy has anyone with two functioning legs that can hold a football and run, UT will have a tough time.

Dobbs will have to go through his progressions against this defense. That usually doesn't work out too well.. It probably goes to 6.5 by game time.. Get that money coming in on both sides.

Too much. I think it will be one possession and we could very well lose. They have something to play for. We don't.

What do they have to play for? They earned a bowl birth last night with their victory over Ole Miss. Are they playing for a better bowl which would be worse than TN's. Your logic is a little faulty.

What do they have to play for? They earned a bowl birth last night with their victory over Ole Miss. Are they playing for a better bowl which would be worse than TN's. Your logic is a little faulty.

The Ole Miss win puts them at 5-6. They still need one more win to get bowl eligible.

VN Store

Back