UT Rugby returns to the SEC Championship.

TennesseeRugby

The University of Tennessee Rugby team is headed to Marietta Georgia to take on Alabama for the SEC championship! (sound familiar?).
Tennessee is riding a 17 Game win streak dating back to last season where they also won the SEC championship against South Carolina. They have a 7-0 record this season. Alabama has a strong defense coming into the game with a 6-1 record allowing the fewest points in the SEC this year and scoring the most on offense ( over 350 points in 7 games).
The game will be live streamed at 12pm eastern time.

Here is a look at Tennessee's season so far.

UT-75 @ Vandy-3
UT-51 vs. Florida-14
UT-38 @ Georgia-8
UT-13 vs. South Carolina-10
UT-54 @ Auburn-3
UT-24 vs. Kentucky-22
UT-41 vs. Florida-26 (SEC semifinals)
Nov. 19th UT vs. BAMA (SEC championship game)

Alabamas schedule this year:

Alabama-48 vs. Auburn-0
Bama-86 vs. Vandy-0
Bama-12 vs. Kentucky-21
Bama-58 vs. Mississippi state-7
Bama-82 vs. Ole Miss-3
Bama-52 vs. Florida-12
Bama-34 vs. Kentucky-33 (SEC Semifinal)

UPDATE: After a very tough defensive battle, Alabama came away with the win with a final score of 12-8. both teams were very inspired and played with a ton of emotion. Tennessee was pushing to score in the final minutes of the game but Alabama was able to hold them out. Great season by the Vols!

UPDATE: After a very tough defensive battle, Alabama came away with the win with a final score of 12-8. both teams were very inspired and played with a ton of emotion. Tennessee was pushing to score in the final minutes of the game but Alabama was able to hold them out. Great season by the Vols!

I know nothing about college rugby so I'm curious. Is UT decent in a bad division or just good and is there a tournament at the end of the year like basketball, baseball, etc or is that last game it for the season?

Last edited:
I know nothing about college rugby so I'm curious. Is UT decent in a bad division or just good and is there a tournament at the end of the year like basketball, baseball, etc or is that last game it for the season?

The conference UT plays in is tough to win, however some teams are not up to par. There is 4-6 good teams who seriously contend with the rest of the league being slightly behind. in the past several years 6 different teams have won an SEC Title. Collegiate rugby has 2 separate seasons, 7v7 played in the spring as sort of an off season activity, and 15v15 in the fall. UT has one of the richest and winningest traditions in the South East. And yes there are national championship tournaments similar to basketball for both seasons. Tennessee's best finish was the Final Four

Last edited:

Of course we lost to Bama :banghead2:

VN Store

Back