Smokies Owner Buys Old Knox Rail Salvage Site

I always heard that Randy and his dad invented the underground invisible pet fence. Anybody else ever heard this?

The underground fence was invented and patented by Richard Peck in 1973, owner of Stay-Put Sales Co. Peck sold the rights to the patent in 1976 to John Purtell because he wasn't interested in nation wide sales. John Purtell created Invisible Fence Company. Randy Boyd is just the Executive Chairman.

"Mr. Boyd founded Radio Systems Corporation from which he is currently taking a leave of absence. Radio Systems is headquartered in Knoxville, Tennessee and has over 700 associates worldwide with offices in seven countries. The company produces over 4,600 pet products under brand names such as Invisible Fence, PetSafe, and SportDOG. It is a privately held corporation with sales over $370 million. He is also owner of Boyd Sports LLC, owner of the Tennessee Smokies Baseball team, the AA affiliate of the Chicago Cubs and the Johnson City Cardinals, a rookie league affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals."

https://www.tn.gov/ecd/article/commissioner-randy-boyd#sthash.k9RVux9H.dpuf

Can you imagine cleaning out Rail Salvage? The things they'll find under all that stuff...

Minor League Baseball stadiums usually has good nachos

Off topic, but what is your angle? By all means keep it up, it doesn't bother me, I'm just curious. You don't troll, yet you don't really add to the value of discussion, yet you're always on the fringe of being on topic. It's fascinating, but I don't understand it at the same time.

Reactions: 2 people
No reason not to go ahead and get started thinking up team names. You can't just go with the affiliate team (sorry, old K-Jays) because affiliations change. Plus, you gotta establish some local flavor.

Assuming Knoxville _____:

Knockers
Scruffies
Junk (nod to KRS)
Melonmounters (nod to Suttree)
Billmeyers
Itchy Feet
Johnnies

VN Store

Back