'17 GA ATH DeAngelo Gibbs

I think he was ours in February. Unfortunately it's fallen apart since. I knew when the Reed stuff come out I wasn't reading that wrong. If DG favored UT he would have let Reed sign with us and not stepped in. It was clear to me anyways.

Probably so, if you go back and read the first part of this thread, many seemed to think Gibbs wanted to play with Warrior. I thought this was close to a sure thing at one time

Reactions: 2 people
I think he was ours in February. Unfortunately it's fallen apart since. I knew when the Reed stuff come out I wasn't reading that wrong. If DG favored UT he would have let Reed sign with us and not stepped in. It was clear to me anyways.

Big money doners and Reed.

If he visited without meeting the coaches it looks like we are way out of this one

Reactions: 1 person
He's going to regret going to UGA. They'll end up wasting his talents somehow or another just like they do with all their recruits. Next.

Last edited:
Probably so, if you go back and read the first part of this thread, many seemed to think Gibbs wanted to play with Warrior. I thought this was close to a sure thing at one time

Yeah, I was told on here the following:
"Keep dreaming. Gibbs is not going to waste his talents at Georgia."

"You don't have a shot here."

And my personal favorite:
"You're wearing out your welcome. Gibbs is, has been, and will always be a Vol."

The reality is that Gibbs has never named a leader. He has been totally neutral and respectful to every program recruiting him. The idea that Gibbs wanted to play with Warrior did not come from Gibbs. The idea of playing with Warrior partly came from local Atlanta beat writers asking him about playing with Warrior after HS football games. It's amazing how these narratives gain legs, even when they are created by someone other than the recruit.

Watch for all the hand ringing from the UGA fans who are convinced he's going to UGA, when he takes his official visit to OSU.

"You're wearing out your welcome. Gibbs is, has been, and will always be a Vol."

The reality is that Gibbs has never named a leader. He has been totally neutral and respectful to every program recruiting him. The idea that Gibbs wanted to play with Warrior did not come from Gibbs. The idea of playing with Warrior partly came from local Atlanta beat writers asking him about playing with Warrior after HS football games. It's amazing how these narratives gain legs, even when they are created by someone other than the recruit.

Watch for all the hand ringing from the UGA fans who are convinced he's going to UGA, when he takes his official visit to OSU.

Do us a favor.....

Reactions: 11 people

Easy to say now when you line up multiple family members to change his mind. Typical dawg fan

I wish everyone on here would do all Vol fans a favor and put him on ignore. I also wish Freak would do us a favor and ban him completely.

That was a very even keeled post. He was pointing out the delusion amongst fan bases, including our own with reference to what Dawg fans will do when he OVs to tOSU.

Nothing remotely worth banning. The majority of you sunshine pumping Vols are myopic. If it doesn't fit your "UT is the best bro, if he doesn't pick us then He sucks anyway bro" narrative, you resort to to the garbage quoted above . Here's looking at you Volfreakjosh. No rational discussion. No possibility that he just likes somewhere else better. Just, "well if he doesn't pick UT then he sucks and we didn't want/need him anyway.

Y'all need to lay off Leb/ Crunchy with the talk of "fitting his narrative". Glass houses and what not.

Reactions: 5 people
That was a very even keeled post. He was pointing out the delusion amongst fan bases, including our own with reference to what Dawg fans will do when he OVs to tOSU.

Nothing remotely worth banning. The majority of you sunshine pumping Vols are myopic. If it doesn't fit your "UT is the best bro, if he doesn't pick us then He sucks anyway bro" narrative, you resort to to the garbage quoted above . Here's looking at you Volfreakjosh. No rational discussion. No possibility that he just likes somewhere else better. Just, "well if he doesn't pick UT then he sucks and we didn't want/need him anyway.

Y'all need to lay off Leb/ Crunchy with the talk of "fitting his narrative". Glass houses and what not.

Troll.

Reactions: 3 people

Well, to be very honest, what did you expect the responses to be on this board? If your answer is civil conversation, then you have been kidding yourself.

I am going to guess that you are also a regular contributor on a Dawg board and know how the residents there would have responded to a Vol fan in the reverse situation. If you believe it would have been civil, your fooling yourself again.

Finally, you are, in fact, correct when you state that Gibbs has never named a leader. But, you also ignore the fact that Gibbs made multiple trips to Knoxville last year with his cousin when he was being recruited. It would be a natural idea to suspect that there was a very good attraction between Gibbs and Tennessee.

I have no idea what has generated the reversal of fortunes with Gibbs. Maybe it is because JR Reed is now in Athens, as some suggest. Maybe it is because Gibbs and Warrior would possibly be playing the same position and he does not want to end up competing with his cousin for playing time?

But, don't forget that it is still August and anything can change still.

Reactions: 2 people
In that vein..is there a chance we moved in because Shoop feels really good about another 5* overall top 10 CB??? That would sure as heck take the sting away from missin out on Gibbs.

IMO No. Butch was taking Reed to secure Gibbs. They wanted DG. I'm sure they would take Wade if he wanted in Gibbs onboard or not.

I'm glad you took the time to mention my name in your post. That makes me feel really special. I never said Gibbs wasn't good. He's just going to waste his talents at a school like UGA whom doesn't know how to win with talent. Hope you enjoy that a** beating we're going to give you in Athens this year, troll. :wavey:

Yawn. Volnation sunshine pumper tactic #2.

Call any and all who have a different take other than "Butch Stones is the man . Butch knows recruiting!" a troll.
How about reality? Want some reality? Mark Richt really wanted Preston Williams. We didn't get him and that sucked. His GF was the ace in the hole. Still wish we had him as he would be probably starting this year. Kyle Davis? Same thing. Derrick Brown? Same thing. Sometimes a kid wants to go elsewhere for a variety of reasons.

VN Store

Back