'17 GA ATH DeAngelo Gibbs

I would just go to the Fant page. From people that saw Gray play, he didn't have a great game. Did nothing on offense and very little on defense. Very good possibility he is very overrated.

You make more evaluations on statistical occurrence. Whomever you work for is probably ecstatic that you do not do any forecasting for them. I should clarify that these evaluations are only done when the fit your agenda.

Callahan's been money this year, so I'd say it is going to be a steep climb now to pull Gibbs. It sucks, but oh well. At least we got DBs stacked up like cordwood for awhile. Plus already got TJ, Labruzza and Gray. TJ makes losing Gibbs a big meh. IMO he is just as good..maybe even better. I'm not going to lie, it sucks to lose Gibbs to UGA because of all the obvious reasons. I wish he would just go across the country to USC instead, if he isn't going to be a Vol, but there is still a good shot if we have a great season imo.

Money except us getting TH, and Gray to FSU. Also, Hayden here, when he wasn't a fit for us. Callahan has a good record, but he misses.

Reactions: 4 people
From article above

“I just talked to Nigel and he’s enjoying it up there,” Gibbs said last week. “He loves it and he’s getting on the field a lot. He’s been telling me the same thing since day one when he got there. He wants me to come to Tennessee but if it is not the right fit then don’t come. But he wants me to come. Then the same thing with J.R. at Georgia. He says he’d love to play with me at Georgia and what not. But he says if it is not a fit then I’m the one who has to spend the four years at a college. He’s not doing those four years for me.”

He said both cousins are like “brothers.” They let him know what he needs to hear and never hold back."

Reactions: 6 people
I still think he comes to Tennessee. Georgia is just a hyped up team right now with Kirby as the new head coach. Once they underachieve again this season, all the hype will fade away quickly. Tennessee is in way better shape right now if Gibbs wants to win championships.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Money except us getting TH, and Gray to FSU. Also, Hayden here, when he wasn't a fit for us. Callahan has a good record, but he misses.

Umm...I thought he was calling Clemson for Higgins at the end. If I remember correctly. I also thought he changed his tune on Gray by the time he committed. I have no idea what he said about Hayden.

"I don't think anything will happen with Gibbs and Tennessee.

I'm still trying to find out 100 percent if he made the trip. I've heard he didn't even meet with the coaches if he visited. So, I'm beginning to wonder if that actually never happened.

He told people Saturday that he was heading up in the evening. So, he could have come and hung out with Warrior, but I don't have anyone definitely telling me they saw him and the kid hasn't answered my calls/texts.

But, I have other reasons to believe that he's Georgia-bound.

Not at all saying the kid or his family is taking money. Landing his cousin was a bigger deal than I thought, but also he will have other family members at UGA next year as well."

- Fortenberry

He's going to UGA

I have heard that Gibbs did not spend much time, if any, with Tennessee's staff over the weekend. As I said last week, some people even were skeptical that he would make it in for that visit, and part of the reason was that Tennessee's staff hadn't even asked him to make the trip. He just decided he wanted to go and contacted some people in Knoxville. I'm not sure exactly what he did on the visit, and I haven't spoken with Gibbs so far.

I am not big on playing the numbers game, but right now I don't think Tennessee has a good chance of landing Gibbs. There's no question in my mind right now that Georgia is the heavy favorite. Could that change over the next several months? Maybe. But Georgia is definitely in the driver's seat right now.

And I don't think there's some big secret about why Georgia is in good shape with him. I think the addition of J.R. Reed was a big deal, and Nigel Warrior is not as big of a factor in Gibbs' recruitment as a lot of Tennessee fans seem to think.

-RC on Gibbs "visit"

VN Store

Back