Sex assaults in Cologne on New Year's Eve

An incorrect inference does not make the word in question incorrect. In fact I (you may disagree) find deported more benign than, say, exile/expel/banish etc.

exile would probably be incorrect.

The issue as I see it, is that the process was that these people came into the country and properly applied for asylum. Their applications were rejected and now they are being deported. So the word deport is a correct term when used to describe the process for expelling them from the country. However, it does little to address the why and it evokes a connotation that these people did something wrong. The headline of Sweden to Reject Asylum Applications of 80,000 Refugees doesn't provide the same click bait.

Furthermore, if anyone read the article it said that Sweden was likely reject the applications of 80,000 refugees. This likelihood is based upon historical acceptance rates of asylum applications. Therefore the article is nothing more than speculation and similar article could be written about every nation in the EU.

To the poster that asked why I cared. Because the masses have opinions that are being spoon fed to them by the media. In order to have any sort of shot at formulating an unbiased opinion, one must scour multiple sources and try to find a common middle ground. Journalists used to have ethical standards and report in a way that was not biased. Editorials were the area in which opinions were proper. Now, all reporting is done in an editorial fashion.

exile would probably be incorrect.

The issue as I see it, is that the process was that these people came into the country and properly applied for asylum. Their applications were rejected and now they are being deported. So the word deport is a correct term when used to describe the process for expelling them from the country. However, it does little to address the why and it evokes a connotation that these people did something wrong. The headline of Sweden to Reject Asylum Applications of 80,000 Refugees doesn't provide the same click bait.

Furthermore, if anyone read the article it said that Sweden was likely reject the applications of 80,000 refugees. This likelihood is based upon historical acceptance rates of asylum applications. Therefore the article is nothing more than speculation and similar article could be written about every nation in the EU.

To the poster that asked why I cared. Because the masses have opinions that are being spoon fed to them by the media. In order to have any sort of shot at formulating an unbiased opinion, one must scour multiple sources and try to find a common middle ground. Journalists used to have ethical standards and report in a way that was not biased. Editorials were the area in which opinions were proper. Now, all reporting is done in an editorial fashion.

Just so you're aware of the click bait thing:

Sweden sends sharp signal with plan to expel up to 80,000 asylum seekers | World news | The Guardian

"Expel"

Sweden faces difficult task deporting '80,000' migrants - The Local

"Deport"

Sweden may reject up to 80,000 of last year's asylum seekers - World - CBC News

"Reject"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...07fbb2-c59f-11e5-b933-31c93021392a_story.html

"Expulsion"

Sweden may reject thousands of asylum applications - CNN.com

Another "reject"

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/sweden-deport-80000-asylum-seekers-36566195

Another "expulsion"

Not exactly using friendly terms in the news about this.

Did you mean to say that you find Bernie absolutely delectable?:)

gotta-pay-the-rent-o.gif

I think that, if accurate, they handled the influx of refugees poorly. I have never believed that influx of refugees should be unmonitored and unlimited. The Swedes relocated 8,000 refugees to a town of 63,000. That is a recipe for disaster. Plan refugee centers so that the influx does not burden any one area.
The United States is an area. They can stay in the same hemisphere as the country where they are leaving at least, and not the northern one.

I can't believe grown men here are condoning these actions against these poor muslim immigrants! It's their culture you are infringing upon! Who are you to say these things are wrong? They should be allowed to rape and sexual harass at any age and have no expectation of any ill consequence! Just open your hearts and love them unconditionally and it will be reciprocated! Hugs. Love. They solve all problems!

Reactions: 4 people
I can't believe grown men here are condoning these actions against these poor muslim immigrants! It's their culture you are infringing upon! Who are you to say these things are wrong? They should be allowed to rape and sexual harass at any age and have no expectation of any ill consequence! Just open your hearts and love them unconditionally and it will be reciprocated! Hugs. Love. They solve all problems!

When invoking the infamous blue font, it's not royal blue, just regular blue.
#bluelivesmatter
#bluepolice 🚓🚔🚁🚟

Reactions: 1 person
Here's a moderate muslim at the University of California San Diego back in 2010.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fSvyv0urTE[/youtube]

Unbelievable that liberals defend these beliefs and invite it onto U.S. soil. The pig of a woman is already out eating the average American. Wait until she produces more children than the average American that share her views. She supports hamas and some hitler youth event? Crazy. I know a couple people here have accused my take on muslims to be hitlier-esque. While I'm in fact not in favor of Hitler, funny that muslim's publicly side with Hitler on American soil due their shared view with Hitler on Jews.

Last edited:
Why in the hell does our government want to allow hordes of these Neanderthals into our country? Is it some kind of conspiracy that we're missing?

Here's a moderate muslim at the University of California San Diego back in 2010.

Unbelievable that liberals defend these beliefs and invite it onto U.S. soil. The pig of a woman is already out eating the average American. Wait until she produces more children than the average American that share her views. She supports hamas and some hitler youth event? Crazy. I know a couple people here have accused my take on muslims to be hitlier-esque. While I'm in fact not in favor of Hitler, funny that muslim's publicly side with Hitler on American soil due their shared view with Hitler on Jews.
Wow. At least our apologist in chief was out at a mosque making it clear that this doesn't exist in this country.

You love the straw man arguments. NOBODY has defended this unknown woman or the people that have assaulted women. However, you have attempted to say this woman represents all Muslims. Or that all muslim men are rapists. Muslims have peacefully coexisted in this country for years. They have participated in sports, business, science, medicine, engineering, law and entertainment just like any other demographic of American society. Are there bad people who are muslim? Of course, just like there are bad christians, bad blacks, bad whites etc. The fear mongering generalizations are decidedly unhelpful for this country.

Reactions: 2 people
You love the straw man arguments. NOBODY has defended this unknown woman or the people that have assaulted women. However, you have attempted to say this woman represents all Muslims. Or that all muslim men are rapists. Muslims have peacefully coexisted in this country for years. They have participated in sports, business, science, medicine, engineering, law and entertainment just like any other demographic of American society. Are there bad people who are muslim? Of course, just like there are bad christians, bad blacks, bad whites etc. The fear mongering generalizations are decidedly unhelpful for this country.

The problem is that it is a large Muslim group on campus that gets public funding and has terrorist ties. She also peacefully coexists, although she makes it clear in the video she wants Jews eradicated. It can't be emphasized enough that Muslims are taught it's ok to lie when they are furthering Islam. We don't know "good" Muslims are actually normal people or just waiting on the word to attack. That is a real problem.

VN Store

Back