Willie Martinez to Miami??

carlos86

Mark Richt has said that he's not going to retain Jeremy Pruitt as his DC at Miami. Willie Martinez's name has come up in consideration for the Miami DC job. He was defensive coordinator and secondary coach at Georgia under Richt before and is a graduate of the University of Miami, so he has connections to both Richt and Miami. If this is the case and Martinez does reunite with Richt does this open the door to bring back Terry Fair as DB'S coach??

I can't blame him if he answer's the alma mater's call. Would be a bit of a shakeup for us. What is Terry Fair doing now?

Reactions: Rudy123
I already told y'all this was happening. I said yesterday that Richt was going to Miami and Martinez was going with him before the confirmation today about Richt. Just sit back and listen to your boy.

I said when Butch was hired that our staff as a whole is not at a championship level. We have a few rejects at key spots on our staff. Butch has done a great job since he took over. He inherited a joke of a roster and had to settle on his assistants. His offensive coordinator didn't even have a job when Butch hired him. For Butch to have us in the top 25 3 years later says all I need to know about that man.

Brick by brick. He uses this motto for a reason not just to hear himself talk. It is now time to take that next step. To lay the next brick. And it will require an upgrade at several positions (coaches and players). We're getting there Volnation. Just be patient.

Last edited:
Reactions: 26 people
Martinez and Z might both be going. Seperately but going. This has been hinted before of staff turnover. Trust the process.

Reactions: Weezer
obviously if Martinez leaves the door becomes open for Fair and numerous other people as well. since CBJ is all about VFL, it certainly makes sense

If Pruitt and Ter Martin joined our staff that would mean we would also inherit two 5 star playmakers. That alone would be enough for me to hire someone. Added bonus: they're both actually good coaches. Pruitt will be a head coach sooner than later

I don't necessarily like him....but I would take Pruitt in a heart beat. I'm not hiring a DC based on likability. I want someone who can recruit his a$$ off (which he can) and coach a solid D. And don't start with the "isn't that the D that blew a lead against UT?' crap. He inherited a mess and has had to work with a short handed deck. He is a hell of a DC and we would upgrade considerably in both recruiting and performance.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't necessarily like him....but I would take Pruitt in a heart beat. I'm not hiring a DC based on likability. I want someone who can recruit his a$$ off (which he can) and coach a solid D. And don't start with the "isn't that the D that blew a lead against UT?' crap. He inherited a mess and has had to work with a short handed deck. He is a hell of a DC and we would upgrade considerably in both recruiting and performance.

Pruitt runs a 3-4 defense. All know what happened the last time Tennessee changed from a 4-3 to 3-4.

Reactions: 15 people
I don't know why any of you would want Pruitt. Different scheme and Jancek has done pretty well considering what he started with.

Reactions: 10 people

Well Kiffin can recruit his butt off and is an excellent offensive coach. Do you want him back? You might want to do some research on why Pruitt left town in such a hurry from Tallahassee. Being unlike able is one thing. Having ties to crooked handlers and almost landing your Athletic Department a sexual harassment suit is another. No thank you to Pruitt.

Reactions: 6 people

VN Store

Back