6 FBS teams have led by 14 pts in every game ......

Just adds salt to the wound. Its inexcusable and 100% on coaching. When something like that happens consistently its very telling.

Reactions: 4 people
Edited for corrections:
13pt leads in all games this season:
TCU, Baylor, LSU, FSU, Temple, Navy, and Tennessee.
Six are undefeated. Tenn is 2-3.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
My solution - don't lead by 14. Go for 2 on one of the scores that puts us up by 2 TDs and we are either 13 or 15 up. 14 is unlucky.

Reactions: 3 people
It does show that we have pretty good talent and our staff is decent at first level chess. Now if they can start looking several moves ahead like the Grand Masters do, maybe we hold onto the leads

Reactions: 4 people
Those of us that lived through the first 9 years of the Majors rebuilding project, will recognize this as a good indication that we are indeed competitive and very close to being very good. Cross that hump this weekend and the world changes. A lot. All of a sudden we're "playing Miami in the Sugar Bowl," or some such.

We're very close to being 5-0 and talking crazy stuff. The disturbing part is we could end up only getting 1 more win the way we're playing in the second half.

This is what makes the losses this year so painful. We're so close, yet so far away.

The only silver lining I can gain from this is we now know without a doubt that Butch will never lead us to a championship. Even if he has 5 top 5 recruiting classes on campus at the same time, the best we could hope for is another Marc Richt. He'll win games based on the pure talent of his players. But if we ever face comparable talent we'll always lose cause we'll get outcoached.

I just hope the administration realizes this and cuts its losses now. Butch Jones is not the answer.

Reactions: 2 people
This is what makes the losses this year so painful. We're so close, yet so far away.

The only silver lining I can gain from this is we now know without a doubt that Butch will never lead us to a championship. Even if he has 5 top 5 recruiting classes on campus at the same time, the best we could hope for is another Marc Richt. He'll win games based on the pure talent of his players. But if we ever face comparable talent we'll always lose cause we'll get outcoached.

I just hope the administration realizes this and cuts its losses now. Butch Jones is not the answer.

Admittedly, none of us know how this will play out. But after eight years in the "not even remotely competitive wilderness" we get close and come up short, and now we are supposed to just throw in the towel and start over. We do seem to be so very close. And none of us like losing but I am very proud of how these guys are competing. I have to believe that will be rewarded, sooner rather than later.

Cheers, and Go Vols!

Those of us that lived through the first 9 years of the Majors rebuilding project, will recognize this as a good indication that we are indeed competitive and very close to being very good. Cross that hump this weekend and the world changes. A lot. All of a sudden we're "playing Miami in the Sugar Bowl," or some such.

i'm not saying were gonna play Miami in a major bowl but what i will say is, i believe this Tennessee team is one of the most talented teams in the country and that is good, but we are playing A LOT of freshmen and sophomores. consider how good these guys are gonna be as seniors and juniors. coaching cant lose a game with that much firepower lined up on the field.

i'm not saying were gonna play Miami in a major bowl but what i will say is, i believe this Tennessee team is one of the most talented teams in the country and that is good, but we are playing A LOT of freshmen and sophomores. consider how good these guys are gonna be as seniors and juniors. coaching cant lose a game with that much firepower lined up on the field.

wanna bet ? how we doin with that firepower now .....

We're very close to being 5-0 and talking crazy stuff. The disturbing part is we could end up only getting 1 more win the way we're playing in the second half.

You can tell the quality of a coach by the second half. Joe Paterno was famous for his second half adjustments. On the other hand, BJ is infamous for his. :hi:

On the other side of that coin...Playing lots of freshmen doesn't always end well for them. Some bodies aren't ready for it as freshmen. Injury can limit potential or worse.

Last edited:
My solution - don't lead by 14. Go for 2 on one of the scores that puts us up by 2 TDs and we are either 13 or 15 up. 14 is unlucky.

we couldnt convert. remember we can score only one offensive td, the other is a special teams score.

VN Store

Back