'16 IN WR Austin Mack

Announcing on June 7.

From OSU site:

"I've always been a fan of the Buckeyes. I talk to coach Smith the most and coach Meyer calls me weekly," he stated. "I love the atmosphere, the football, and the education, it's all great there and the social life is wonderful. It fits everything I'm looking for and is a really good place."

He has a very good relationship with Buckeye head coach Urban Meyer, who has also won over Mack's mother.

"It's unique. I'm blessed to be in that situation and it's actually really cool. He has made a point and talked to my mother and has talked to her the most. She really enjoys him," he continued. "I really like talking football with him so often and to hear about his system and how everything goes at Ohio State."

The standout receiver is also high on Notre Dame as he likes the opportunity the Irish provide academically as well as on the football field.

"I talk to them a lot too, especially now that my decision is closer. I've been talking to them daily and we have a great relationship. I talk to coach Kelly a lot too and he wants me to come spend some time with him before my decision, so that might happen," he explained. "Their education is crazy. Their network for opportunities after football is unique. Then they also have a very good football program. It would be a great fit and I'd be able to stay close to home. It's a great place to be."

Visits are likely over for the star playmaker, though he could make one more trip if time permits.

"I'm trying to be done. I just went to Tennessee and that took my whole weekend. I think I've seen all of the schools I've needed to see," he detailed. "A few schools like North Carolina and Notre Dame want me to come visit again, but I don't know if I'll have enough time."

Mack took a visit to Tennessee over the weekend and likes what the Vols have to offer.

"It's a beautiful place. The atmosphere is great and it was really impressive," he stated. "All of the coaches were there and coach Jones still ate lunch with me even though his son was graduating that day. The facilities were impressive and the campus was really good. It surprised me and it was pretty warm too. It's definitely a place to consider"

His commitment will take place at noon on the 7th and will be in the form of a hat pick ceremony.

"I'm going to be committing at noon and we'll be doing hats. I'll be at a table and will be speaking about my commitment," he said. "We're going to do hats, which is something simple, but I definitely can't wait for it."

:lolabove: We got buildings and food...and sinks where you can wash your hands. :yess:

About 10 years ago I ran into a guy from LA who was heading to the East Coast and had made a stop in Nashville. He told me he was shocked that Nashville was a good-sized city. He said he had the impression that Nashville was a small, country town, and honest to God he said "with dirt roads," and he expected to see people sitting out in front of stores along Main St. playing guitars. It occurred to me at that point that he had formed his impression of the South from the Beverly Hillbillies and from Nashville in particular from the old Lovin' Spoonful song, Nashville Cats.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
announcing on june 7.

From osu site:

"i've always been a fan of the buckeyes. I talk to coach smith the most and coach meyer calls me weekly," he stated. "i love the atmosphere, the football, and the education, it's all great there and the social life is wonderful. It fits everything i'm looking for and is a really good place."

he has a very good relationship with buckeye head coach urban meyer, who has also won over mack's mother.

"it's unique. I'm blessed to be in that situation and it's actually really cool. He has made a point and talked to my mother and has talked to her the most. She really enjoys him," he continued. "i really like talking football with him so often and to hear about his system and how everything goes at ohio state."

the standout receiver is also high on notre dame as he likes the opportunity the irish provide academically as well as on the football field.

"i talk to them a lot too, especially now that my decision is closer. I've been talking to them daily and we have a great relationship. I talk to coach kelly a lot too and he wants me to come spend some time with him before my decision, so that might happen," he explained. "their education is crazy. Their network for opportunities after football is unique. Then they also have a very good football program. It would be a great fit and i'd be able to stay close to home. It's a great place to be."

visits are likely over for the star playmaker, though he could make one more trip if time permits.

"i'm trying to be done. I just went to tennessee and that took my whole weekend. I think i've seen all of the schools i've needed to see," he detailed. "a few schools like north carolina and notre dame want me to come visit again, but i don't know if i'll have enough time."

mack took a visit to tennessee over the weekend and likes what the vols have to offer.

"it's a beautiful place. The atmosphere is great and it was really impressive," he stated. "all of the coaches were there and coach jones still ate lunch with me even though his son was graduating that day. The facilities were impressive and the campus was really good. It surprised me and it was pretty warm too. It's definitely a place to consider"

his commitment will take place at noon on the 7th and will be in the form of a hat pick ceremony.

"i'm going to be committing at noon and we'll be doing hats. I'll be at a table and will be speaking about my commitment," he said. "we're going to do hats, which is something simple, but i definitely can't wait for it."

osu

4-star WR Austin Mack shares 8 finalists:

Alabama
Michigan
Notre Dame
UNC
Ohio State
Tennessee
Vanderbilt
Wisconsin

one of these things is not like the others...

VN Store

Back