76ers HC on Jordan McRae

Sam Hinkie of the Sixers is doing it the right way.....building towards a championship

Gotta think Mudiay will be your target in this draft. Need a point guard badly. Also, if Embiid is a bust you're in trouble.

Gotta think Mudiay will be your target in this draft. Need a point guard badly. Also, if Embiid is a bust you're in trouble.

I do think they like Mudiay and Russell but I expect Hinkie to take the guy he feels is best regardless of position. Embiid is important I feel he will be good but if he is not the answer we won't have ourselves tied down and have plenty of options for the future.

You wonder: If McCrae can't make this terrible team now, how is he going to make it after they start getting better players? I wish him well.

You wonder: If McCrae can't make this terrible team now, how is he going to make it after they start getting better players? I wish him well.
Lol Jordan hasn't even gotten a chance to start. They sent him to Australia to see how he'd produce against that competition.. Jordan McRae will see time in the NBA when his time in Australia is done.

Lol Jordan hasn't even gotten a chance to start. They sent him to Australia to see how he'd produce against that competition.. Jordan McRae will see time in the NBA when his time in Australia is done.

He's leading the league in scoring I think. He'll probably get a look. Hopefully

His season in Australia just ended. Now is the time he should be called up to the NBA team, if they're going to do that.

Let me translate that for you:

"If Jordan really starts playing well we could definitely see trading him for a late draft pick."

Let me translate that for you:

"If Jordan really starts playing well we could definitely see trading him for a late draft pick."

That's not true....Jordan right now is in their plans....they had him stashed in the Australian league....a pretty good pg and small forward stashed overseas.....a potential stud center stashed on injured reserve.....the sixers try to over inflate their guys abilities and trade them for future help...... They won't keep anyone that they don't feel will be a piece of a future championship

That's not true....Jordan right now is in their plans....they had him stashed in the Australian league....a pretty good pg and small forward stashed overseas.....a potential stud center stashed on injured reserve.....the sixers try to over inflate their guys abilities and trade them for future help...... They won't keep anyone that they don't feel will be a piece of a future championship
Agreed. Its clear in the article I shared that the Coach has Jordan in his (and the organization's) plans.

They really suck , he should be starting for that team . They are trying to tank . Why not let him play and learn in the league?

Melbourne United interim coach Darryl McDonald considers benching NBA draft pick Jordan McRae

Very insightful.

After two straight losses and with any hope of making the top-four now resting on winning this match, McDonald will swing the changes with hope of avoiding the horror starts which have plagued the team recently.

McDonald may bench both his imports as point guard Stephen Dennis will likely come off the bench with co-captain Nate Tomlinson his replacement in the starting five.

McRae is United's leading scorer and he is also still a chance to join his NBA club Philadelphia 76ers for the final weeks of the NBA season once his Australian season is over.

Just because McRae starts on the bench wouldn't necessarily mean he plays less minutes but it might give the starting lineup more balance with veteran shooter Daryl Corletto in line to come in.

McRae cast a frustrated and petulant figure at Thursday's training kicking a plastic curtain and angrily speaking with teammates after errors or turnovers.

McDonald admitted McRae's body language looked bad at times but he believed the first year import was more frustrated with his own performance than his teammates.

"It's him being frustration with himself - this has been a thing all year where he has some really great days and some bad days," McDonald said.

"You can't let that effect your next play and I've tried everything possible this year to tell him that, it's something he's go to learn, it's a maturity thing."

It's a risk for McDonald to play his prized scorer off the bench but Corletto is a four-time NBL championship winner and has trained well this week.

"To be honest it's really the Corletto or Jordan one - I'm still talking to my coaches about what we will do," McDonald said.

"I could look like a genius or it could actually backfire but I feel like I have to do something because what we have done over the last two games is not acceptable - our starts in those games were not acceptable."

McRae's dribbling looks improved and his shots look like they have more arc on them and he seems to hold the ball above his head more when he shoots.

Last edited:
Stokes and McRae are playing each other tonight. Free live streaming on dleague.nba.com. 2nd qtr underway.

Jarnell Stokes with 18 points and 7 rebounds so far. McRae has 13 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists, and 3 steals.

VN Store

Back