15 GA OLB/RB Eric Swinney

So, i'm personally hoping for an Ole Miss vs. OSU bowl game in a few years....

Meanwhile, Von Bell is NOT hoping for this.

It's Freeze. I kid you not, he is Butch Jones' long lost more-religious, Southern twin. Preaches the exact same family shtick, runs the same option offense, players/recruits love him, high-character, quality man. I know a couple guys that played for him at A-State and they love him. I was skeptical about it first too (what talented recruit wants to go to Ole Miss?), but he is a good guy.

This. For those that question it, Freeze and Butch are very similar. Their top class a couple of years ago also had the same type of characteristics as ours last year without the true legacies. Some of those recruits had friends and family already at OM, or some were close in proximity.

Plus that extremely squeaky clean coaching tree from which he fell. I mean, if there ever was a guy who is gonna do things the right way, it's the guy who came up under Ed O.

He's from the Ed O coaching "tree", if such a thing ever were to exist under Ed O, about as much as Butch Jones is from the Brian Kelly tree. He worked for Orgeron for three seasons, maybe. The two are nothing alike.

I was around Freeze quite a bit when he was the coach at Lambuth in Jackson. I played golf in the same group as he did and played with him a few times. He is very likeable and down to earth. I think the biggest thing both he and Butch have going for them is they both love and believe in the places they are selling and kids can tell they are sincere when they are talking about how great both the places are.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

To think a Kiffin, any Kiffin (Chris is OM RC and Swinneys recruiter) plays by the rule book is equivalent to sticking your head in the sand. This stuff does go on everywhere, it's just more prevalent at some schools. Some HC know about it, some don't.

Not every kid is on the take. You can sometimes even tell (watch a kid if he goes back and forth with CU and AU). Rocky Top fund needs replenished, any volunteers? Sometimes you just get outbid.

This is my pick for big fish, NSD surprise.

Has visited multiple times and loved it
We were his first offer
Rumors of decommitting
Made his top 5
Got a few crystal balls at one point
Ole miss class in shambles
Just lost bussey
Close in proximity
Richmond in his ears (loves to recruit apparently)

Good chance it wont happen but who knows? Figured id go bold and try to win some e-cred

Reactions: 4 people
This is my pick for big fish, NSD surprise.

Has visited multiple times and loved it
We were his first offer
Rumors of decommitting
Made his top 5
Got a few crystal balls at one point
Ole miss class in shambles
Just lost bussey
Close in proximity
Richmond in his ears (loves to recruit apparently)

Good chance it wont happen but who knows? Figured id go bold and try to win some e-cred

It'd be beyond shocking

I think you take Allen along with Richmond to solidify the O line before another RB IMO. Allen wants to be a Vol but has been told this weekend no room.

Just signed onto twitter for the first time in a year and searched him (after tweeting richmond and kmac to get him to the hill) and the last thing he tweeted was vol related..

Its a re-tweet but still....

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-03-07-30-22.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-02-03-07-30-22.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 30
I know someone with ties to that school. Eric really liked the Vols. They thought he would wear orange before he committed.

Just for fun lets try and get #Swinneytothehill goin. Show him some love.

I know someone with ties to that school. Eric really liked the Vols. They thought he would wear orange before he committed.

Orangevenom thought he would too if i remember correctly. And he was really high on him. Also was reading through some of the older posts on here and saw where BOP had said he thought both swinney and chubb were highly overrated. Damn was he wrong on that one

Orangevenom thought he would too if i remember correctly. And he was really high on him. Also was reading through some of the older posts on here and saw where BOP had said he thought both swinney and chubb were highly overrated. Damn was he wrong on that one

BOP is wrong on most everything. It's what he does.

and another one

eric-swinney-runs-over-vonn-bell-o.gif

Bump for fun... I guess Von does have a Natty now, but this is still good stuff

Reactions: 1 person
Definite upgrade possibility here with Swinney. Butch has been on him for a long time and we were one of his 1st offers. He's been to the Hill numerous times and realizes what CBJ is establishing right now. Hopefully, we wants to become part of it. When I think of him, I think of at GIF posted above. He Guud.

If Butch steals this guy the Ole Miss fans will have to find something nastier to wish on him than testicular cancer.

VN Store

Back