Ex VFL Arian Foster at it again

Should Foster lose his VFL status?

• Total voters
Some people are just ungrateful no matter what you give them/do for them. Get a FREE four year ride and then a multi-million dollar contract to play football after college. Gee, what a tough life. I'm really sorry that he didn't get to eat enough taco's during his four years at UT. What a tough life. And on top of that he is at BEST a mediocore player.
He didn't get a multimillion dollar contract out of college. Also, mediocre backs don't have his numbers

Reactions: 2 people
We wouldn't have called him "Fumbling Foster" if he didn't fumble a lot...especially in critical situations. Like going in for a TD in the swamp and the fumble goes back 99 yrds for a UF TD.

Except he didn't fumble a lot

Reactions: 3 people
Same crap... absolutely nothing to gain on his part making negative comments about Tennessee. Everything to lose for the school. To H3LL with him.

He didn't get a multimillion dollar contract out of college. Also, mediocre backs don't have his numbers

I always admired these players who wait until they get their multimillions, then get a sudden urge to become honest and spill the beans. How nice! UT and the current players get left holding the bag, if the NCAA gets involved. He risk nothing. If he is a VFL, I am definitely not, because he certainly does not give a rat's ass about UT.:hi:

Reactions: 3 people
Anyone who hates on Arian Foster is a damn fool. He has reached the top of his profession the hard way and he has that unique quality in late-stage Capitalism - a freakin' personality.

The NCAA is one of the most revolting institutions on the planet. They, more than any other institution, could steer a course where our beloved amateur game, rich with tradition and pageantry, could maintain its local color, its innocence, its shields against base mammon and make a fair deal for the student athlete.

This is the most important topic it faces, and the topic they run from with the speed of Usain Bolt at every opportunity.

Damn the NCAA. Damn them!

This has nothing to do with the NCAA, and everything to do with Foster's inability to restrain himself when given the opportunity to throw our program under the bus. He is intentionally trying to inflict damage on UT because we were a bunch of meanies to him when he couldn't hold on to the football to save his life - he is that petty and pathetic.

Reactions: 1 person
Arian is one weird dude, but he's no dummy, and he raises a valid question: Should college athletes receive a 'stipend'? Or better yet, why shouldn't they?

Not long ago, "Olympic Sports" like hockey, swimming, and track and field required athletes to be "amateurs". Today, they get money and backing and sponsorships, etc., and they work their asses off along the way.

UT Football generates millions of dollars of years. Why shouldn't our athletes be paid?

Could someone who knows please AGAIN list the dollar values of 4 years of college tuition, room & board, and countless personal training sessions that prepare you for the draft...so we can finally STOP SAYING these guys don't get paid??

It's called A FREE RIDE...nobody else gets what you get.

Almost makes you wonder because his fumbles really only came at critical times

People often forget his fumble in 2007 against South Carolina that would have cost us the game except for McClendon running his ass off behind Foster like he knew Foster was going to fumble.

And on top of that he is at BEST a mediocore player.

These are probably the same people who declare every UT recruit a future All-American and blame everyone but CBJ when things go south.

The common theme is a refusal to incorporate a modicum of objectivity and emotional detachment into one's thoughts.

Always needing attention. He lost an average of a game a year with his untimely fumbles & I don't believe anything he says. I would say he's a narcissist & habitual liar.

While Foster is by far and away my least favorite Vol of all time there is some truth behind what he is saying. A friend of mine played at UNC under Mack Brown and he has told me numerous stories of players and money and he has no reason to lie to someone like me. That being said it seems Foster sees that Tennessee is on the rise and perhaps he would like to see the NCAA come snooping around and maybe follow up on what he is saying and cause trouble for the university. Foster broke the rules if he did indeed accept money not UT. It doesn't matter if you believe that athletes should be paid or not it's still against the rules and the people that end up paying for former athlete's wrong doings are the current ones when they come out with this stuff and get the NCAA to start an investigation. It's a shame that this man is a successful NFL player and he has nothing better to do than attempt to throw UT under the bus. You talk about karma, Arian so look behind you because karma may be catching up to you soon.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back