Let's keep THIG

This is SOOOO STUPID!!!! Pay him and give us the chance to get back on top!!!!

GBO!!!

We want Thig! We want Thig! We want Thig!
Come on now everyone all together; on 3
WE WANT THIG!!!!!!!!!!

All of the " pay the man! " posters could just pull out their OWN checkbooks and write Thig a $5000 check. You first OP. :popcorn:

Problem solved ?

*crickets*

Last edited:
You people are buffoons. Someone starts a rumor and you just buy into it hook, line and sinker without looking at anything. Dan Disch and Seth Littrell were making about 500k combined. You think UNC is going to pony up 500K for an assistant per year when they're shelling out that amount for both their OC and DC combined in salary?

FOOTBALL | ASSISTANT | SALARIES | USA TODAY SPORTS

Reactions: 1 person
I will be the volnationer that let's Thig know how important he is to this program! Lets keep this thread at the top for at least 24! No matter what your opinion, myself and many on here believe Thig needs to be payed before he puts that awful baby blue back on! Coach T.T. Do not join that tar hole dumpster fire (I have to live here, and I see where they are headed). Be a VFL and help us return to the top :clapping:

(1) Should he leave, it would likely affect some of of this years recruiting class. Sometimes when a coach gets fired or leaves, some of the committed recruits decommit. You can see this from yesterday when a player de committed to UGA because Bobo left for CSU.
It also happen at Florida this year when Muschamp was fired. A player de committed from Florida.

(2) I know that UNC wants Thigpen but it would not be good if another S.E.C. school ended up with him. Auburn, UGA, Missouri, Florida etc. etc.

We need to keep him.

You people are buffoons. Someone starts a rumor and you just buy into it hook, line and sinker without looking at anything. Dan Disch and Seth Littrell were making about 500k combined. You think UNC is going to pony up 500K for an assistant per year when they're shelling out that amount for both their OC and DC combined in salary?

From that list that you have, I counted 21 former coaches from U.T. that are now assistants at other universities.

Steve Caldwell, Pat Washington, Tee Martin, Jay Graham, Randy Sanders, Chavis, Roper, Sirmon, Wilcox, Brooks, Trooper Taylor, Tommy West, Lance Thompson, Kiffin, etc,etc,

Dang! UK pays its coordinators (Brown - $550k, Eliot - $500k) more than UT pays its coordinators (Jake and Jancek - $480k each)???

pretty sure he just received a raise when CBJ received his contract extension,it included more money for the asst coaches... but OP(and others)want to give him another raise 3 weeks later?

seems legit...

6 of our coaches are in the top 52 in the country! That in itself is very impressive! Great job by our staff n I'm startin to believe we have the "best staff in the country" I've always supported CBJ with that comment when he was hired due to the eye of the beholder. But dagnab it the country is startin to take notice as well!!

We may be kidding ourselves. UNC just ponied up top 10 coin for Chizik and appear that they are going to do the same for the rest of the staff. Also, the first firing that Gene made was to Ron West, their LB's coach. It appears that they have not only made room at Thig's position, but have also decided to take football seriously from a fiscal standpoint. Take all that and throw in the facts that he is a UNC alum and has a strong professional relationship with Chizik, and he might as well be as good as gone as I can tell.

I hope I'm wrong, but it's not looking like it.

If our AD lets our best recruiters get away then he's a total moron.

Money be damned, we must keep our recruiting rock solid every year.

#BrickbyBrick...VFL...GBO!!!

We may be kidding ourselves. UNC just ponied up top 10 coin for Chizik and appear that they are going to do the same for the rest of the staff. Also, the first firing that Gene made was to Ron West, their LB's coach. It appears that they have not only made room at Thig's position, but have also decided to take football seriously from a fiscal standpoint. Take all that and throw in the facts that he is a UNC alum and has a strong professional relationship with Chizik, and he might as well be as good as gone as I can tell.

I hope I'm wrong, but it's not looking like it.

750k per year is what I heard which is in the top 20 in assistant pay. I doubt very seriously that they would pay Thig 500k as a position coach. I maybe wrong but there is nothing in their history to reflect that they would pay that much.

750k per year is what I heard which is in the top 20 in assistant pay. I doubt very seriously that they would pay Thig 500k as a position coach. I maybe wrong but there is nothing in their history to reflect that they would pay that much.

I've seen base of around $800k which would put him top 10 for DC's. As for seeing nothing through their history, that's the point. This is an unprecedented move by UNC, which leaves me no reason to doubt that they won't make the same move for the rest of the staff. I am UT alum but live in the Triangle, so I hear it from a lot of big donors. UNC has enormous donors, who are ponying up. They see how far CFB has surpassed CBB, and they want a chunk of the pie. Bubba Cunningham said in a article not too long ago that he would make sure that UNC football had all they need to be successful. If they want to make a run for Thigpen, I can assure you that $$$ will not prevent them from pursuing Thig, in Chapel Hill.

Like I said earlier, you can't denounce the fact that Thig is a UNC alum and has strong ties to Chizik. It's also not a coincidence that the first fire in the Chizik era, was to the coach that Thig would replace. They are about to come hard for Thig, as a recruiter, and money won't be in the way. We can only hope that Hart will allocate more funding to Jones, to at least keep it competitive.

Chizik is making $691,000.00 per year at UNC.

Interesting that Chizik's first order of business was to fire the linebackers/co-defensive coordinator Ron West who was making $250K. Chizik was quoted as saying it may take a few weeks to find a replacement for West.

UNC had three coaches listed as co-defensive coordinators in 2014. Vic Koenning, Dan Disch and Ron West all making a base salary of $250K.

this was not a rumor at all I talked to Thig and UNC and Chiz did send an informal text proposal but Thig said he in no way would entertain it because they'd all be unemployed after next year. He loves what they are building at UT and wants to be here for the long haul. They'll be back in town this wk and I'll see if anything has changed.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back