UF Football Building an IPF

Which makes no sense since we (the state) have the most dangerous weather pretty much in the country, especially in regards to lightning.

This was actually my thought as well because I am a huge weather nerd.

Not talking smack to the Gators, but those mock ups of the new facility do not seem very impressive to me. There is nothing that seems to separate themselves from other IPF.

Florida keeps seeming to spend money. First to get rid of a coach, then to buy out another, and now this. Did they just have massive reserves? Did some donors recently drop a ton of dough? Or is this a risky bet that they didn't just place a ton of chips on a Dooley parallel?

This was actually my thought as well because I am a huge weather nerd.

Not talking smack to the Gators, but those mock ups of the new facility do not seem very impressive to me. There is nothing that seems to separate themselves from other IPF.

No offense taken.

I don't think UF is attempting to separate itself by building a new IPF, only to say "Hey we got one too!".

We were separating ourselves for years by not having one.

Florida keeps seeming to spend money. First to get rid of a coach, then to buy out another, and now this. Did they just have massive reserves? Did some donors recently drop a ton of dough? Or is this a risky bet that they didn't just place a ton of chips on a Dooley parallel?

The IPF will be paid for by private donations and capital financing according to the press release. I'm sure there's a bidding war going as we speak on to see which rich old booster gets his name on the building.

As for UAA's financial position, they've given approximtely $12M back to the university over the past several years. I expect this number to decrease given Muschamp's and McElwain's buyouts, and university fundraising efforts to ramp up.

Florida has cash. Florida never spends cash and Florida doesn't borrow much.

That's the reason Florida is behind in terms of facilities. They don't borrow like other schools to build a weight room that can be seen from space.

They were dragged kicking and screaming to build this IPF for $15 million, which is relative chump change.

Florida has cash. Florida never spends cash and Florida doesn't borrow much.

That's the reason Florida is behind in terms of facilities. They don't borrow like other schools to build a weight room that can be seen from space.

They were dragged kicking and screaming to build this IPF for $15 million, which is relative chump change.

Not traveling three time zones away to play OOC conference games due to having an in-state rival who's a national title contender can cut down on travel costs, while maintaining a respectable strength of schedule.

That said, don't expect UAA to kick back $5-6M to the university next year.

Not traveling three time zones away to play OOC conference games due to having an in-state rival who's a national title contender can cut down on travel costs, while maintaining a respectable strength of schedule.

That said, don't expect UAA to kick back $5-6M to the university next year.

In addition to a much smaller recruiting budget because of lack of necessity.

Reactions: 1 person
Will it be named the "Tebow Center for Individual and Team Excellence"?

Will it be named the "Tebow Center for Individual and Team Excellence"?

Doubt Tebow can outbid some of our older, crustier and richer boosters.

Some 90 year-old citrus farmer from Haines City you've never heard of will have his name on the side of that thing.

Doubt Tebow can outbid some of our older, crustier and richer boosters.

Some 90 year-old citrus farmer from Haines City you've never heard of will have his name on the side of that thing.

Probably the guy who dropped the 12M a few months back.

Last edited:
Slightly surprising that Fla doesn't have an IPF even with good weather pretty much year around. As someone else said, the lightning alone would've been reason enough.

Does Fla reinvest their net income from the football program back into the university? Surely they were making hand over fist during the Spurrier and Meyer years. What the hell were they doing with the money? Besides paying the coaches (or players...j/k)?

Up until today's announcement UF was the only SEC school without an IPF or plans to build one.

It will be interesting to see if we meet the targeted completion date.

I thought Florida was always shiny and warm. Albeit stinky, like a fresh turd.

I want to make a snarky comment and say welcome to 2007, but seeing as how we haven't beaten the 'turds in like 87 years I'll just say.... grats on your large metal lightning attraction mechanism.

Don't forget hurricane assembly area as well.

VN Store

Back