Are we a tourney team?

NCAA Tournament because this team plays hard and they will win a few games that they are not supposed to.

if this guy is our coach in Jan. then ill start cheering..no offense to the team, not there fault!!

Probably not, but I'm enjoying this team. Love the effort despite the obvious shortcomings. They will fight you tooth and nail from opening tip to final whistle. Fans have to respect that. One thing is certain....teams will not enjoy playing us especially in the second half of the season.

Reactions: 3 people
Played like it today, but not yet. They will need more rebounding because those shots from outside make us a very inconsistent team when shots go cold. They are WAY more fun to watch than last year's team. That was worse than watching paint dry. Glad the fast-paced offense is back.

See I appreciate this but I also think this is a little bit what is wrong with the fan base. Yes the game today was fun to watch but last year they made the sweet 16 and were an arguable call away from tying the best post season in TN history. Yes, fast paced is theoretically "more fun" to watch, but you sacrifice so much efficiency it can be lethal. This team has a long way to go to be as efficient and even boxing out anywhere close to what last years team was.

Reactions: 1 person
See I appreciate this but I also think this is a little bit what is wrong with the fan base. Yes the game today was fun to watch but last year they made the sweet 16 and were an arguable call away from tying the best post season in TN history. Yes, fast paced is theoretically "more fun" to watch, but you sacrifice so much efficiency it can be lethal. This team has a long way to go to be as efficient and even boxing out anywhere close to what last years team was.

Not fair to compare the style of last years team to this years team without factoring in the roster differences.

Last year's starting 5 was 3 seniors and 2 juniors 2 of which were drafted into the NBA. This year 1 senior, 1 junior, and 3 new guys along with the senior having to play out of position.

My opinion was this was a 20 win team and tourney team if Martin stayed, so obviously I disagree

What was the rotation if CCM hadn't left?

Thompson, Richardson, Moore, then ?. Hubbs has a ways to go whoever is coaching. CCM made a living with the bruise brothers and there wasn't anyone left on the roster in that mold. Not to say CCM couldn't have adjusted the style of play, but there was most likely some growing pains ahead don't you think?

Thompson, Richardson, Moore, then ?. Hubbs has a ways to go whoever is coaching. CCM made a living with the bruise brothers and there wasn't anyone left on the roster in that mold. Not to say CCM couldn't have adjusted the style of play, but there was most likely some growing pains ahead don't you think?

thompson/ Austin
Hubbs/ Cornish
Richardson/ Moore
Cofer/ Moore
Okoroh/Turman

What's up with point guard recruiting next year? We need one desperately. I think our current group of post players will develop nicely. McGee looks to have a lot of potential. He was a Top 150 recruit for awhile in 2013.

thompson/ Austin
Hubbs/ Cornish
Richardson/ Moore
Cofer/ Moore
Okoroh/Turman

There is no way that is a twenty win team and I would take the current one over it....maybe in a future years that may be different depending on who develops.

Last edited:
Much too early to say. What we do know is this team will battle every night. Whether that will result in wins is just too early right now. I like the leadership from Armani and JRich, offensive shooting from Mostella and the fierceness of McGhee. If Dom really buys in and provides some rebounding and inside presence then we could get some key wins. Either way I'm going to watch this group because they might be the surprise in the SEC. Any one know if the Marquette game is televised?

No, because I have stated all along that IMO if Zo was staying here so was Stokes, which means MJ Rhett also would've been coming here. That duo in the post would've been as good, if not better than the Stokes/Maymon duo.

No, because I have stated all along that IMO if Zo was staying here so was Stokes, which means MJ Rhett also would've been coming here. That duo in the post would've been as good, if not better than the Stokes/Maymon duo.

I have watched Rhett play and he is not as good as Maymon. No matter what your opinion is Zo should have had a better plan than to hope Stokes would stay for his senior yr.

I have watched Rhett play and he is not as good as Maymon. No matter what your opinion is Zo should have had a better plan than to hope Stokes would stay for his senior yr.

It wasn't hope, Zo knew he was leaving and so did Stokes, you really wanna re-hash this? Their per 30 is almost identical, Ole Miss just doesn't need him to play 30 minutes a night, he likely would here at Tennessee. Hes also 100x the defender Maymon was last season, he's much more athletic.

It wasn't hope, Zo knew he was leaving and so did Stokes, you really wanna re-hash this? Their per 30 is almost identical, Ole Miss just doesn't need him to play 30 minutes a night, he likely would here at Tennessee. Hes also 100x the defender Maymon was last season, he's much more athletic.

I've watched Rhett play and he does not look good.....per 30 doesn't mean crap bc if it did, Bob Thornton would be as good a rebounder as Dennis Rodman.....if stokes stayed bc of Zo then he would have been making a mistake. None of that changes the fact that not recruiting bigs that are ready to step in when the starters leave is horrible planning by Zo.

much too early to say. What we do know is this team will battle every night. Whether that will result in wins is just too early right now. I like the leadership from armani and jrich, offensive shooting from mostella and the fierceness of mcghee. If dom really buys in and provides some rebounding and inside presence then we could get some key wins. Either way i'm going to watch this group because they might be the surprise in the sec. Any one know if the marquette game is televised?

espn2 @4

There is no way that is a twenty win team and I would take the current one over it....maybe in a current yeas that may be different depending on who develops.

Yes. That lineup that Horrible. You would get nothing from 2 spots - Hubbs and Thompson

I've watched Rhett play and he does not look good.....per 30 doesn't mean crap bc if it did, Bob Thornton would be as good a rebounder as Dennis Rodman.....if stokes stayed bc of Zo then he would have been making a mistake. None of that changes the fact that not recruiting bigs that are ready to step in when the starters leave is horrible planning by Zo.

Phil Cofer is looking pretty damn good at FSU

VN Store

Back