AJ Johnson Accused of Sexual Assault

I agree, while both are serious. Rape is a whole new level.

Oh definitely. just explaining that depending on the charge, evidence isnt always necessary to hold someone.

And if these claims turn out to be true, i hope the accused spend a long time in prison. And their stats and records (in AJ's case) stripped from the books.

Of course I'm trying to stay positive, but if it really went down like the police report from the 911 call said, why the hell would her best friend bolt out of town and act like something never happened? Nice friend. You see your friend forcibly raped and distance yourself from her asap and drop a charge within hours of the call? Odd to me.

I'm sure she could still give a statement. I have a 19 year old daughter and I pray to God nothing like that happens to her but if she was off visiting a friend and something bad happened there is no doubt in my mind she would want to get home to her mother and I as quick as possible

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not a cop.

But if there is evidence of wrong doing, and enough to label them suspects then why do the cops need to turn it over to the DA?

Cops have the power to arrest. No need to wait around on a DA.

Maybe I watch too many cop shows.

I just heard the DA is waiting on the results from the rape kit before making a decision to charge.

The report states one victim had injuries listed as "Other" while the other victim had "None". Hence the forcible offense.

One would think that with A.J.'s popularity....it would be easy for him to find a willing partner to have sex with and not be reduced to forcing himself on someone.

IF he did, in fact, rape this female...then he needs to pay the consequences. Sadly, if he didn't....I don't think he'll ever get to go back to the way things were before he arrived at this party.

:twocents:

Reactions: 4 people
I believe "forcible" would mean any instance where consent is not given.

again, forced rape is exactly what it implies. Forcible is a term used to differentiate from statuatory rape, which is nonforcible rape of someone not of age of consent.

It's looking more and more like a he said/she said case. It has not been specified whether the alleged use of force was in the form of threats or physical violence and if there is any evidence of resistance. A rape kit may be inconclusive. Full forensics may not rule out consensual sex.

Statements have been taken and the apartments have been searched, so if clear evidence existed, the case would have moved forward. KPD has not acted and has indicated that they will turn everything over to the DA. She likely will be inclined to kick it to a grand jury, in the absence of new evidence.

AJ may not be charged, but innocent or guilty, he'll pay a price. At the end of his senior season, I don't see any way he returns to the team. There are no winners here.

The report states one victim had injuries listed as "Other" while the other victim had "None". Hence the forcible offense.

Not so sure. From the TBI:

Forcible Rape: The carnal knowledge of a person, forcibly and/or against that
person’s will; or not forcibly or against that person’s will where the victim is
incapable of giving consent because of his/her temporary or permanent mental
or physical incapacity (or because of his/her youth).

Doesn't mention anything about injury. It's either rape w/o consent (forcible) or where consent can't legally be given (statutory)

Not so sure. From the TBI:

Forcible Rape: The carnal knowledge of a person, forcibly and/or against that
person’s will; or not forcibly or against that person’s will where the victim is
incapable of giving consent because of his/her temporary or permanent mental
or physical incapacity (or because of his/her youth).

Doesn't mention anything about injury. It's either rape w/o consent (forcible) or where consent can't legally be given (statutory)

Thanks for the clarification. :hi:

It's not about us or football right now. Lives will be different for those people dependent on what the results are.

I understand that but I still would like to be optimistic that he could have his name somewhat cleared of this. I know it will always be there somewhere though. He's one of our favorite Vols and I'd feel better about that fact if his name were cleared

She still has tests, projects, homework, possibly work, etc.

and a man's life hangs in balance as a result of her and her girlfriend's police report. Too bad on the homework, imo. She saw what happened. She was there. She has talked with her friend. She filed charges, then bailed on them. She then left a mess behind.

and a man's life hangs in balance as a result of her and her girlfriend's police report. Too bad on the homework, imo. She saw what happened. She was there. She has talked with her friend. She filed charges, then bailed on them. She then left a mess behind.

You are aware that she has rights as well. They can not detain her. She can give statements directly to officers, da and lawyers anywhere they have video chat. Just sayin

again, forced rape is exactly what it implies. Forcible is a term used to differentiate from statuatory rape, which is nonforcible rape of someone not of age of consent.

The use of forcible isn't a distinguishing factor in the Tennessee code. It could be 'aggravated' (generally with a weapon or severe bodily harm) but rape itelf is just any sort of non consensual penetration. Rape, per statute, could also be by force or fraud for instance.

Statutory rape is, by definition, statutory as consent by both parties is meaningless in the eyes of the law.

I'm going from memory so forgive me if I've glossed over some important nuance.

Rape by fraud is an interesting idea. There are a line of cases out of Nashville in the 1990s where a guy would call random women, convince them they knew him, convince them to get a hotel room and blindfold themselves, he would show up, they would have sex, then he'd leave. That is where the rape by fraud idea comes in. There is no application of that to the current situation, it's just an interesting part of the statutory conversation.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back