Recruiting Forum: Football Talk XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlaringUnrulyEasternglasslizard.gif

Reactions: 15 people
Barnett's tackle came before the whistle - no issues with that. O'Brien's tag skirted the boundary of unnecessary, but I think Thompson actually helped us with his flopping, arm-flailing act - it was such blatant acting that the refs just ignored it all, including the contact that actually occurred.

I'm sure an ass will be chewed in the film room this week. As long as we're smarter in the future, no harm, no foul.

Reactions: 1 person
I was a freshman then. Don't remember hearing about it.

Shortly after it happened, I started working with the guy who got hit. I was told about it by another co-worker. Dude was incredibly nice, really funny, good to work with. I never noticed any scars or or anything but apparently it was just a total sucker punch and he had to have a plate put in his face.

McDaniel has also been charged with domestic assault since he graduated. Not somebody I'm really thrilled to have associated with UT athletics.

Shortly after it happened, I started working with the guy who got hit. I was told about it by another co-worker. Dude was incredibly nice, really funny, good to work with. I never noticed any scars or or anything but apparently it was just a total sucker punch and he had to have a plate put in his face.

McDaniel has also been charged with domestic assault since he graduated. Not somebody I'm really thrilled to have associated with UT athletics.

That's probably why I hadn't heard much about him, UT PR guys try not to mention him lol

What time will the Kentucky game be?

I think CBS only gets one game, so I'm going to say 12 pm on the SEC Network.

Saturday, November 15

TBD South Carolina @ Florida
TBD Kentucky @ Tennessee
TBD Missouri @ Texas A&M
TBD #19 LSU @ Arkansas
TBD #3 Auburn @ #11 Georgia
TBD #1 Mississippi State @ #6 Alabama

That could have gone either way

He had been whining all night, every time he got touched. Guess they were tired of his ish.

I have been away from VN since Fri. Was there a link to Spurrier's post game presser? I heard it was 40 seconds of Spurrier magnificence.

What time will the Kentucky game be?

I think CBS only gets one game, so I'm going to say 12 pm on the SEC Network.

Saturday, November 15

TBD South Carolina @ Florida
TBD Kentucky @ Tennessee
TBD Missouri @ Texas A&M
TBD #19 LSU @ Arkansas
TBD #3 Auburn @ #11 Georgia
TBD #1 Mississippi State @ #6 Alabama

7:30 is my hope. Get the crowd all liquored up.

SIAP

@PatrickMacCoon: Josh Smith News: The #Vols sophomore WR will undergo season ending surgery and apply for a medical redshirt. We all assumed something was up

No Shave November is in full effect and I will not shave this month...

Who is with me???

P.S. you can do a little neck trimming to keep it neat and tidy for those that have to work. But don't shave off the magic.

I actually started like a week and a half ago so I'm going to have one hell of a beard going come december

#9 is stupid. Thank God he is fast? As if that pay could have been run to anybody and it just so happen that our fastest player ended up with the ball!?! That was the entire point of the PLAY DESIGN.

SC's DE was in the backfield when Hurd flipped it to Pig. He took a bad angle, Pig backtracked a little beyond the 10 and had room enough to stretch it out so he could reach the endzone by the pileon...if that's a OLB or a faster DE, the play is blown up.

In other words, that play only works against a Defense that bad.

But...it's never a bad call if it results in a TD.

He had been whining all night, every time he got touched. Guess they were tired of his ish.

I have been away from VN since Fri. Was there a link to Spurrier's post game presser? I heard it was 40 seconds of Spurrier magnificence.

I posted a transcript on previous page (#10542) of his brief talk.

In the bright side, the Missouri will probably be prime time game. 5 others play terrible OOC opponents; State plays Vandy; and the only other decent game is OM and Arkansas, which has lost its luster. If we beat UK, we are playing for a bowl and Mizzou is probably playing for the East.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back