Need to "Michigan-Proof" CBJ (Butch Jones and Michigan merged)

Poll: Does UT retain Butch?

• Total voters
I am not married to Butch like some and think the Butch shirts and such are kind of rediculous...I don't remember people walking around in Fulmer shirts and he was the best thing that happened at UT....if anyone deserves a statue over there it is Phil....onto the Butch to Michigan rumors....if he wants to go there don't let the door hit ya bro on the way out....Tennessee will survive...on the other hand if he wants to stay then keep working hard and play Dobbs! Go Vols!!!!!

Reactions: 1 person
If he bolts, which I think is quite possible, then we find the man who would never. Thank you Butch for raising the level of play and competence of what we had before him...

If he stays, God bless him and we've got the guy to push us forward...

I read all the crap... Tennessee is no longer a destination job. Bull sh$t. Ain't buying that and never will. I don't even have to justify that and none of you do either...

This is TENNESSEE! You know it. I know it. Just sitting here pulling for my Volunteers and patiently waiting for the return to glory. It WILL happen.

GBO!

Butch isn't even on their radar.

It's Mullen, Miles, anybody named Harbaugh, maybe even Tyrone Wheatley . . .

...everybody else.

And, realistically, neither Harbaugh is leaving the NFL for that (or really any) school unless they're fired and none of the other 31 franchises hire them.

I am not married to Butch like some and think the Butch shirts and such are kind of rediculous...I don't remember people walking around in Fulmer shirts and he was the best thing that happened at UT....if anyone deserves a statue over there it is Phil....onto the Butch to Michigan rumors....if he wants to go there don't let the door hit ya bro on the way out....Tennessee will survive...on the other hand if he wants to stay then keep working hard and play Dobbs! Go Vols!!!!!

But UT isn't in the letters of Fulmer like they are for BUTCH.

So you want to build a statue for a guy who had all kinds of ability to maintain the program but instead got lazy and produced 2 losing seasons in his last 4 years? You may want to research some history as to how the program got to where it is now.

I get what you're saying but I'm not sure I'm buying that Whittingham wouldn't leave Utah. There was a lot of talk before Graham was ultimately hired at ASU that Whittingham almost took the job. Apparently there was interest from him anyway. I think for the right amount of money and right school he would indeed leave Utah.

I'd say if he does leave, he stays west of the Rockies.

cover me guys, I'm going undercover to the Missagain board to see what they are saying

If they are dumb enough to hire a guy with this record, then please do:

Butch is 22-35 against teams at or above .500 at the time of playing, and 21-33 against teams that ended the season at .500 or above

And some more:

On the road against over .500 teams:

3-19. Average score: 36.73-18.55 (-18.18).

2-6 @CMU. Avg Score: 40.88-23 (-17.88)
1-7 @Cinci. Avg Score: 30.38-19 (-11.38)
0-6 @UT. Avg Score: 39.67-12.00 (-27.67)

3 wins were '07 Ball State(7-6), '09 Bowling Green(7-6), & '10 Lousiville(7-6).

Last:

9-30 in his career when trailing at half. 4-9 @ CMU, 5-12 @Cinci.

Biggest deficit overcome is 9 against Louisville in 2011.

Also, these numbers do not include the Alabama game.

He's a Mormon, played for BYU and has been at Utah for 20 yrs he's not leaving on his own accord. I don't know why people think that everyone is interested in leaving a job just because X pays more or is more tradition. There's something to be said for enjoying where you live and enjoying who you work with/for.

For example, I don't think there's any amount of money that could make me move to California. I have family and friends close by, I love the weather of TN, I love the scenery, the people etc. that stuff isn't worth giving up for money.

On a side note, I wonder how BYU fans feel about one of their former players coaching for a yearly rival?

Michigan board wants Miles..I did learn that he has a 1.25 million buyout for Michigan

Harbaugh wont survive SF - unless they win the SB

I want to say doubtful (especially if they make a conference championship/ playoff semifinal game again), but even if that were to happen, he'd quickly/easily find another job with one of the other NFL franchises looking for a new head coach that offseason.

It's funny how so many people act like every coach we've had has just left the first chance they got. It happened once and he was the OC on a national championship team at that school prior to coming here. Everybody just relax, Butch is all VOL.

Plus he hasn't done anything on the field YET to warrant anybody coming after him.

If Michigan offers, then Butch is gone! He has a better chance of success there. More money. Easier conference. BIGGER STADIUM. Better recruiting potential. Plus he will clean the cupboard and take all of this recruiting class with him!! :thud:

If he wants to go then let him. He's actually done the hard work to make this position attractive again. No need to stress over it or throw money and big contracts at him.

If he wants to go then let him. He's actually done the hard work to make this position attractive again. No need to stress over it or throw money and big contracts at him.

So you're saying Gruden is wearing an orange tie tonight...

Letting Butch get away at this point would be a huge mistake. If you guys can't see the foundation being laid you're just too damn dumb to talk to.

Reactions: 3 people
If UT screws this up then you can forget recruiting for a long, long time. A kid would have to be an idiot to invest 4 years and a possible pro career on a school that would allow a program to short circuit in the middle of the first positive growth in a decade.

Letting Butch get away at this point would be a huge mistake. If you guys can't see the foundation being laid you're just too damn dumb to talk to.
He's done a great job rebuilding but he hasn't proved a damn thing in the win column. If Michigan wants to throw money at Butch let him go and get a proven winner on game day in here. Maybe Butch will be that guy but there is enough doubt that I do not believe you throw the check book at him.

VN Store

Back