Anyone waiting in line for iPhone 6?

Speaking for just the iPhone it's a once a year event. It's something people look forward to every year. So why should you wait longer than you have to if it's available? Some people like camping out. It's funnier seeing the people preorder then stress over it blowing up customer service at Apple, the carriers, UPS, & FedEx. I've never camped out over night & I won't be getting it tomorrow but I have got it on day 1 most times.

Some of that makes sense, if the Iphone (or shoes, or games, or whatever) are your thing.

Fair enough.

Only time I've ever done that was when the Xbox 360 came out, which I had for all of five minutes before clearing a nice $400 profit.

About the iPhone I use to pre-order them from Best Buy here in Knoxville (I would go to the store put down $50), and got it release day no problem. For the 5 and 5s, I just per-ordered from Apple online, and I usually received my iPhone within a week of it's release.

This time I'm skipping the 6, and I'm waiting for the 6s. The S model always seems to be the better upgrade. I have my fingers crossed that the 6s finally upgrades the RAM (come on Apple 1 GB RAM?), and the rumor about the Sapphire display are true. Still seeing the reviews of the 6, makes me want one, but I can wait.

Also people acting righteous by throwing around words like 'hipster' and 'd-bags' usually are the hipster d-bags minus the hipster part. I can't believe people really care that much how other people choose to spend their time. Get off your high horse you smug bastards.

Certain things trigger responses in people to do irrational stupid stuff for hobbies, gadgets, movie, and other nerdy stuff. Stop acting shocked.

Only time I've ever done that was when the Xbox 360 came out, which I had for all of five minutes before clearing a nice $400 profit.

I did it for a Wii when it was first released. It was mainly for my kids, but after a couple of months it never got used again.

Last edited:

Now there is something I can respect.

I don't get waiting in line for a phone, but I can chalk that up to different strokes/different folks. Being willing to pay a ridiculous premium for something to either avoid waiting in line or just to be able to have it a few days before other people is impressively stupid.

Making some doofus pay a $400 idiot tax is absolutely awesome. Works pretty well when selling pistols, too.

Why would I need to wit in line for a cell phone? I already own one.

Anyone got one yet?

I went to a bagel place next to Verizon around 9. They didn't look THAT busy. Thinking about swinging by later. If they have one in stock I'll cancel my preorder.

Anyone got one yet?

I went to a bagel place next to Verizon around 9. They didn't look THAT busy. Thinking about swinging by later. If they have one in stock I'll cancel my preorder.

I went to local Verizon corporate store at 7 on my way to work and was the 15th person in line. They only had 7 6+ in stock. Manager said he didn't expect more until late October. They also said that it would be extremely difficult to cancel a preorder for a store pickup.

My daughter walked into Best Buy this morning and walked out with a 6. She said they didn't receive any plusses, but had a cabinet full of 6s.

Walked right into Verizon and picked up the Silver 64 GB 6. There was no problem canceling my preorder. The whole transaction took less than 20 minutes.

The glass has beveled edges which makes the screen feel like it's popping out at you. The lock button on the side is going to take some getting used to but the double tap to bring the screen lower for easier one handed use already feels natural.

Reactions: 1 person
My Space Grey 128 and Daughter's Gold 128 will be delivered today. I like the power button being on the side. The fingerprint id will take a bit getting used to likely for me.

My Space Grey 128 and Daughter's Gold 128 will be delivered today. I like the power button being on the side. The fingerprint id will take a bit getting used to likely for me.

I have it set up on my 5s but never use it.

I went to local Verizon corporate store at 7 on my way to work and was the 15th person in line. They only had 7 6+ in stock. Manager said he didn't expect more until late October. They also said that it would be extremely difficult to cancel a preorder for a store pickup.

My daughter walked into Best Buy this morning and walked out with a 6. She said they didn't receive any plusses, but had a cabinet full of 6s.

They still have a lot left. Went and picked up a case for my Plus a couple minutes ago. I don't Apple anticipated the Plus being so popular.

When the 5 came out, my current phone was on its last legs. Called the Apple store after work; they said they had some phones. Got there and they didn't have the phone I wanted. Was in a line of maybe 10 or 15 people. By the time I got to the front, someone changed their mind and I got the 32gb phone I wanted.

Maybe wasted a little over an hour of my time.

l58m7gmxvfouu1iua6xf_zps4c222089.gif

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back