ESPN just said

IMO would be a sad day in sports if a coach ran up a score of 100 just to do it. The worm eventually turns & for OU it could be 2015.

Tony Basilio (The Tony Basilio Show) raises an interesting point on this matter, one which closely parallels your observation. He believes that Stoops will strive to win comfortably and no more. Stoops "knows that Tennessee's talented freshmen class will be a year older and bolstered by a talented cast of newcomers. Tennessee WILL be ready to compete with Oklahoma next year. . . . He's learned that you don't poke sleeping giants. . . . The Sooners should collect a convincing win if this one goes according to script but it won't be a complete blowout. Stoops . . . knows what's coming. Tennessee is rising. That game in Knoxville next year will be extremely winnable for Tennessee. Don't laugh. Look at who the Sooners lose. Look at what the Vols gain."

I'm thinking somewhere along the lines of a 41-17 type score. Close in the first half but Oklahoma wears us down in the 2nd half.

Nuts. We'll be better in 2nd half. They will be surprised we're still bringing it. 35-24. And they want no more of lower tiered SEC teams. We still lose though

The one down side of this new Beauty Pageant playoff selection is just this situation. OU is playing a team that will be playing other contenders, and whether Stoops wants to or not, he almost has to do his best to blow Tennessee out (which I believe will be very difficult to do). He is literally damned if he does and damned if he doesnt. If he does, you will hear that he was running up the score and is a dick, and if he doesn't if by chance he had the opportunity, then Tennessee goes and lays an egg against Florida/Alabama/Georgia, his team is ultimately compared to them through this game.

Reactions: 2 people
The one down side of this new Beauty Pageant playoff selection is just this situation. OU is playing a team that will be playing other contenders, and whether Stoops wants to or not, he almost has to do his best to blow Tennessee out (which I believe will be very difficult to do). He is literally damned if he does and damned if he doesnt. If he does, you will hear that he was running up the score and is a dick, and if he doesn't if by chance he had the opportunity, then Tennessee goes and lays an egg against Florida/Alabama/Georgia, his team is ultimately compared to them through this game.

Well said. Stoops is in a no-win situation. If OU blows out Tennessee...it is what we were supposed to do because we were the big favorite. If it's closer than the spread, then it will be viewed as OU not playing up to a championship level.

Reactions: 1 person
That if Oklahoma has the opportunity to put up 100 points against us, they will. I laughed.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Believe me Stoops would if he could but it won't happen!
He'd love nothing better than to rub some more SEC noses in the ground.

GO VOLS!

OU returns nearly the whole 2014 team. Plus, they add Mixon and DGB( both will be on the roster next year). Feel free to follow me on twitter. We give free sooner news. Could help with upcoming game info. https://mobile.twitter.com/ThedrakeOU

Btw, good luck vols fans. Hope your expirrende in Norman is a fun and pleasant one. We pride ourselves as being great hosts to opposing teams fans.

Tony Basilio (The Tony Basilio Show) raises an interesting point on this matter, one which closely parallels your observation. He believes that Stoops will strive to win comfortably and no more. Stoops "knows that Tennessee's talented freshmen class will be a year older and bolstered by a talented cast of newcomers. Tennessee WILL be ready to compete with Oklahoma next year. . . . He's learned that you don't poke sleeping giants. . . . The Sooners should collect a convincing win if this one goes according to script but it won't be a complete blowout. Stoops . . . knows what's coming. Tennessee is rising. That game in Knoxville next year will be extremely winnable for Tennessee. Don't laugh. Look at who the Sooners lose. Look at what the Vols gain."

I just can't buy this. Not saying they're gonna still be throwing go routes up by 40 with a minute left in the fourth, but I just can't see them letting a game in 2015 affect how they go about their business on Saturday.

On a serious note, I remember one year Oklahoma had a 77-0 lead on Texas A&M near the end of the 3rd quarter and had a first and goal inside the Aggie 5...but then didn't score again. They really could have cleared a 100 that day.

To hell with ESPN. I could give a damn what any of those morons think. If we win the game, it will be because Oklahoma lost the game. Even if we beat them and OU didn't have a single turnover and just got whipped, they would somehow spin it that we didn't win, the Sooners basically let us win.

That if Oklahoma has the opportunity to put up 100 points against us, they will. I laughed.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

kinison2.gif

(new gif. Seems like a good place for it.)

Woke up with toxic shock...suspected culprit Long John Silvers fish and chicken platter, lovingly prepared by give up night crew. :yuck:..score stuck in head (between heaves). 28-17 VOLS. Hurd 98 yards and three of the touchdowns...epiphany or organ shutdown? Will be at the game unless I am no more...AVENGE ME!!!! :pinch:

Everyone outside of the SEC is against team 118. That is just fuel for these guys to continue playing with an edge.

VN Store

Back