Coach T on Nashville radio

rocky200663

Said a few interesting things:
1. Vols will try and keep Cofer if at all possible
2. All So Miss signees or recruits have called him and want to come to UT.
3. Coach Pinkins is a great addition

Reactions: 3 people
Said a few interesting things:
1. Vols will try and keep Cofer if at all possible
2. All So Miss signees or recruits have called him and want to come to UT.
3. Coach Pinkins is a great addition

Burn some bridges Donnie and poach these guys.

1. - Looks like CDT was not ever interested in the other 3. Too bad because I was really excited about LA.

2 - BTO - How does the SMU recruits + Cofer stack up to CCM last recruiting class (Austin, Cofer, Turman, Cornish)

Hell we have what, 6 spots? Why not take some SMU commits that want to be here...

I bet you were calling Martin "classless" for taking his guys...

Seeing as how I get mocked on here for being a staunch Martin supporter, I'd say you're wrong. Most people on here seem to lie to themselves about Martin to the point of suddenly being against things he did during his tenure that they traditionally had no problem with in any other circumstance. But I'm not one of them. Take a deep breath. We're on the same side.

Reactions: 1 person
With ut admission standards not sure many USM recruits could get in..

I could be wrong

1. - Looks like CDT was not ever interested in the other 3. Too bad because I was really excited about LA.

2 - BTO - How does the SMU recruits + Cofer stack up to CCM last recruiting class (Austin, Cofer, Turman, Cornish)

We know he feels the SMU kids fit his system. I don't think the guards Martin had fit him. Cofer def does. We need bodies that can play so we can practice with 10 guys

With ut admission standards not sure many USM recruits could get in..

I could be wrong

The ncaa raised the academic eligibility standard from 2.00 to 2.3 GPA. I googled ncaa academic eligibility rules, more changes to come in 2016. :hi:

In Donnie We Trust! Glad he wants to keep Cofer, he's the only one I really wanted anyways. I think he can upgrade in the positions of the other 3

Kinda surprised he would come out and say that about the USM signees, I suppose it could technically be considered tampering if he's had contact with them since he signed the Tennessee contract.

With that said, I see Jaysean Paige, Willie Carmichael and Rasham Suarez as being the only 3 he would likely take at Tennessee, at least that's my hope.

Players would rather play at UT than USM? That's hardly surprising. Major upgrade in every way between those two schools/programs.

Kinda surprised he would come out and say that about the USM signees, I suppose it could technically be considered tampering if he's had contact with them since he signed the Tennessee contract.

With that said, I see Jaysean Paige, Willie Carmichael and Rasham Suarez as being the only 3 he would likely take at Tennessee, at least that's my hope.

Can we really win longterm poaching players from a Conference USA School.... There is a reason they did not get in NCAA Tourney with 29 Wins..Save the Scholarships and get a lot of good SEC level players this fall ... We are not going to win at the upper level of the SEC with Southern Miss Players - He needs to recruit top 100 Recruits - I will judge him on the quality of his recruiting in the fall not on some poached recruits from Southern Miss- Save the Scholarships & sign a Big Quality Class this fall.....

Can we really win longterm poaching players from a Conference USA School.... There is a reason they did not get in NCAA Tourney with 29 Wins..Save the Scholarships and get a lot of good SEC level players this fall ... We are not going to win at the upper level of the SEC with Southern Miss Players - He needs to recruit top 100 Recruits - I will judge him on the quality of his recruiting in the fall not on some poached recruits from Southern Miss- Save the Scholarships & sign a Big Quality Class this fall.....

Willie Carmichael had offers from Cincinnati and Wichita State, so you can make an argument he's SEC quality.

Jaysean Paige is a high level scorer something that's going to be needed on next years team is offense. He is a top 25 ranked JUCO who had interest and offers from some quality programs.

Rasham Suarez is a level headed PG with experience, if simply for depth reasons he has to be a take. If Thompson goes down what's your plan? Play Lopez? He had an offer from Butler as well as some other mid majors who generally have good guard play.

I'm not hardly suggesting we make a habit out of taking these types of guys, but as far as making next year a decent season and not a horrible season, these guys are important.

Some fans amaze me, some want it fixed immediately, some want to wait a class to see, some want JUCOs to fill slots, some feel we should go recruit certain players from Martins class. Bring in players from USM or don't bring them here because they are Mid major types only and not SEC type quality.

It is obvious that we need to let this coach do what he needs to do to plug the holes in the dyke. We are paying him big money, given him a Ferrari to drive, he will get there or he may not but none of us has no way of knowing if he is driving correctly or not.

True, this is a msg board. We spend to much time beating each other up, stating I told you so, or talking about racism, bar fights, thugness, past coaches, 3 vs 4s, speculation or focus on gloom and doom and on and on.

One extreme I saw the other day was calling the current roster "garbage". That poster should be taken out back and shot, not because he initially stated it, but because he defended his statement.

It is obvious the reset button has been hit, some of us need to adjust accordingly.

Reactions: 5 people

If you took the best players from every CUSA team and created a roster, it woukd be competitive in the SEC. So to answer your question, yes, you can build a competitive roster poaching from CUSA teams. Thus will not be his recruiting model goin forward, but it likely has to be initially for lack of options.

Seeing as how I get mocked on here for being a staunch Martin supporter, I'd say you're wrong. Most people on here seem to lie to themselves about Martin to the point of suddenly being against things he did during his tenure that they traditionally had no problem with in any other circumstance. But I'm not one of them. Take a deep breath. We're on the same side.

If you change "Most" to "Some" in your post, then I agree. On any single thread, only a small fraction of the people on VN post a message. So you've just classified a large group of us into a small group, of which we dont belong.

VN Store

Back