We Beat Bama in 2014

if we are healthy and start dobbs and have all of are starters on offense playing.

You're going to be really disappointed if you actually believe this. 2014 will a challenging year if for no other reason than we have to replace both lines. Good times to come, but this year ain't it.

Please. I never said UT will win that game.

I'm saying I think it'll be closer than others expect.

If it's close, UT will have a chance....they'll still lose, but they'll have a chance. If it's a blowout it's all Florida. I actually think we stand a better chance to beat Bama or Oklahoma than Florida. Sorry to sound like a NegaVol Pick, but I'm jaded as hell when it comes to Florida after the last 25 years of futility against our "rival".

Last time UT beat UF my freshman daughter at UT was in first grade. Let that sink in. #disgraceful #embarrassing #WillItEverEnd

Wait a minute...is your daughter really smart or is my math way off? Aren't 1st graders 6 or so? UT last beat UF in '04.

Reactions: 2 people
If it's close, UT will have a chance....they'll still lose, but they'll have a chance. If it's a blowout it's all Florida. I actually think we stand a better chance to beat Bama or Oklahoma than Florida. Sorry to sound like a NegaVol Pick, but I'm jaded as hell when it comes to Florida after the last 25 years of futility against our "rival".

I was actually talking about the OU game. :hi:

Last time UT beat UF my freshman daughter at UT was in first grade. Let that sink in. #disgraceful #embarrassing #WillItEverEnd

so, if tennessee wins.....

are you going to have to tell your daughter to be careful or is your daughter going to have to tell you to be careful?

Wait a minute...is your daughter really smart or is my math way off? Aren't 1st graders 6 or so? UT last beat UF in '04.

My bad... mixed up her birthday with my boy's. She was in 4th grade😁 #mathishard

You're going to be really disappointed if you actually believe this. 2014 will a challenging year if for no other reason than we have to replace both lines. Good times to come, but this year ain't it.

That's what everybody's saying, but I think by the end of the year when those freshmen mature they'll win their last three and at least make a bowl game.

Reactions: 1 person
so, if tennessee wins.....

are you going to have to tell your daughter to be careful or is your daughter going to have to tell you to be careful?

I'll have to tell her to be careful from the drunken fools up there. 😊 I won't be able to enjoy it if it actually ever happens again in my lifetime. I'll more than likely be pi$$ed wondering why it took so long and knowing that now we're 1-9 the last 10 games versus our most important "rival". I know that's pathetic 99, but it's damn near the truth.

I know, I know guys.....flame away.

I'll have to tell her to be careful from the drunken fools up there. 😊 I won't be able to enjoy it if it actually ever happens again in my lifetime. I'll more than likely be pi$$ed wondering why it took so long and knowing that now we're 1-9 the last 10 games versus our most important "rival". I know that's pathetic 99, but it's damn near the truth.

I know, I know guys.....flame away.

this may sound crazy to you, but i have a friend who is a tennessee fan that seriously wants florida to keep winning that game.

he hates alabama so much that he couldn't handle it if bama has a streak longer than anyone else. so, until tennessee ends the bama streak, he doesn't want to see the florida streak end.

i don't know if that makes sense to you or not.

in addition, he told me one time the florida streak has gone so long, he's hoping that florida can beat the bama streak of 11 in a row so that alabama doesn't have the honor of the longest streak anymore.

Florida is a win???? Have you been watching the last 25 years? No, make that the last 9 years.....0-9 vs Florida. I'll believe Tennesee beats Florida when I actually see it with my own eyes. Until then, the Florida game continues to be an annual loss.

Florida's streak of prior wins is logically irrelevant in determining who wins October 4th in Neyland Stadium. Last I checked, they don't have Urban Meyer or Tim Tebow anymore, and we don't have Dooley.

Looking at the matchup objectively, I don't see how Florida can keep up with our offense or do enough to win on the road with such a dysfunctional coaching staff.

I am all for the theory of anything can happen. I support and subscribe to it. However I am also a realist. The chances of us beating Alabama are about 1/100. They have much more talent on both sides of the ball and have a much better coach. We are not there yet. I will be cheering for us to destroy Bama though :)

It's never too early to make wild predictions here on Volnation. I predict more in the future...

I'm with you, there is a reason they play the games...I am worried about UF and OK first though. We really need the Florida thing off our backs, then we can move forward from there.

I don't know about Alabama or Oklahoma but I do think we can get Florida, Georgia and possibly Ole Miss. I'm not saying we'll win them all but I do think we can get a couple of them.

Florida's streak of prior wins is logically irrelevant in determining who wins October 4th in Neyland Stadium. Last I checked, they don't have Urban Meyer or Tim Tebow anymore, and we don't have Dooley.

Looking at the matchup objectively, I don't see how Florida can keep up with our offense or do enough to win on the road with such a dysfunctional coaching staff.

Logically speaking you're correct. But there appears to be little to no logic regarding our series with Florida. They typically win no matter the position/status of the respective programs.

No offense, but you're looking at it objectively when you say their defense won't be able to keep up with our offense? I hope you're right but, 1. We have no idea what our offense is gonna be given our brand new OL and 2. Florida's defense always is, and will be again this year, one of the best in the country and SEC. They were great last year before suffering a lot if injuries.

They've won 19 of 25 and 9 in a row. Our "rivalry" with Florida now looks more like our traditional series vs Vandy for crying out loud. We own Vandy having won 30 of 33. Florida owns us. Ask 99Gator..... they really don't consider us a rival anymore... we're a pretty easy W for them.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back