The Final Four Thread

Dumb :crazy: ... How could they get into the tournament if they didn't care about the regular season... Butt hurt gator.

Not at all. I'm satisfied with the Gators' season.

I'm just saying that Kentucky is proving that the one and done strategy is viable. Which in my mind long term is bad for college basketball.

Reactions: 1 person
Both teams are peaking. Will be interesting. UK's size will have to make up for Napier and Boatwright

Neither team was supposed to be here.

I can't wait to see what kind of showing Napier has. Guy is electric and will need to be for UConn to have a shot. Should be exciting to watch. I think it will be a good game

I'm just saying that Kentucky is proving that the one and done strategy is viable. Which in my mind long term is bad for college basketball.

quite different than saying they were dogging it in the regular season

I can't wait to see what kind of showing Napier has. Guy is electric and will need to be for UConn to have a shot. Should be exciting to watch. I think it will be a good game

6 NCs between them since 1996 for these 2 teams. They definitely have the pedigrees.

Kentucky pretty much as twice the talent than any team in the country--bunch of ballers that are only held back by their inexperience every year. I can't imagine why Calipari likes coaching a new batch of freshmen every year; guy never has even a halfway veteran team. Strange and really stupid system, IMO.

Kentucky has won 11 straight NCAA tournament games. Their last loss coming against UConn.

But the one and done strategy has no correlation with sandbagging the entire regular season to make a run at the tourney... Especially when it means that freshman, barely out of high school, have masterminded a run all the way to the national title in such manner.

You think they just suddenly got it together when post season began?

Come on. They've been too busy thinking of the millions they'll have shortly.

disagree - they were gonna get paid either way. No one expected anything out of them in the post season.

If anything the millions they were thinking of stopped them from playing as a team - took a long while to get them to stop thinking "me" and start thinking "we"

Nate Silver giving UK 55% chance of winning Monday. KenPom has it at 51%.

I'm thinking UK will be favored by 1.5

disagree - they were gonna get paid either way. No one expected anything out of them in the post season.

If anything the millions they were thinking of stopped them from playing as a team - took a long while to get them to stop thinking "me" and start thinking "we"

The millions and knowing their college experience is irrelevant and intended solely to satisfy a rule made them lazy in the regular season, IMO.

Reactions: 1 person
As much as I laughed, seems a bit much to ban him.

As I said, I just gave him a timeout through the title game. Surely he's got somewhere else he can post on Monday night while his team is winning a championship, but somehow he's still thinking about how contemptible and butthurt Tennessee fans are.

Great game by Wisc. They shot really well and had a chance to win it at the end.

UK fans need to stfu and just enjoy the moment rather than trash talking. We're lucky to be here after the season we had.

Kentucky pretty much as twice the talent than any team in the country--bunch of ballers that are only held back by their inexperience every year. I can't imagine why Calipari likes coaching a new batch of freshmen every year; guy never has even a halfway veteran team. Strange and really stupid system, IMO.

He's on the verge of winning his second title in three years. How is that stupid? He had five NBA players on the floor tonight against five dudes who will be selling cars or insurance in two years. So what if it takes them most of the season to get going?

The millions and knowing their college experience is irrelevant and intended solely to satisfy a rule made them lazy in the regular season, IMO.

Depends on the players. You dealing with Demarcus Cousins or Anthony Davis?

First champion since 1985 Villanova to be seeded lower than 6. I think Kentucky wins Monday night and I'm already dreading the "S-E-C!" chants. I'm much more opposed to that than I am UK winning the title

First champion since 1985 Villanova to be seeded lower than 6. I think Kentucky wins Monday night and I'm already dreading the "S-E-C!" chants. I'm much more opposed to that than I am UK winning the title

were you cheering for the big 10 tonight?

But the one and done strategy has no correlation with sandbagging the entire regular season to make a run at the tourney... Especially when it means that freshman, barely out of high school, have masterminded a run all the way to the national title in such manner.

The regular season is beside the point in this sport. Calipari's one and done strategy is to put the best possible talent in the country on the floor and trust that by the end of the year they will start to figure it out. Clearly it works. Elite 8, Final Four, NCAA champions, NIT, back in the championship game. That's a hell of a lot of success in five years.

VN Store

Back