This team has redeemed itself.

This team has gotten to where it is in spite of Barton and the PG play. It was barely in the NCAA tournament because of Barton. There aren't many PGs out there who could play worse than he did. He was the difference between winning and losing in a positive way probably once the entire season. And again, he is the glaring weakness on this basketball team going forward.

Paul Kuharsky just asked Martin the difference down the stretch and his first comment was that it changed with Barton going back to the starting lineup and becoming the on the court leader on both ends.

Again, you are embarrassing yourself.

And another one hits the ignore list.

you said the same thing about me but you acknowledged something I posted in another thread (and it wasn't quoted).

So you're fake ignorer thus you have no credibility.

You're like one of those people that gets mad a McDonald's because they didn't put hold the mustard like you requested and then you tell em' you're never eating at another McDonald's again only to eat McDonald's the next day. :thumbsup:

Reactions: 1 person
i posted this in another thread, but it seems more relevant here.

i wasn't going to to do this because i did not want to throw water on tennessee's run, but since we have all these "apology" type threads i think it needs to be said.

you don't judge anyone by a game or two. you judge things based on whether or not you like the future and direction of the program.

so, the question is does a win over iowa, massachusetts and mercer change where you think the future of tennessee basketball is headed?

i'm just asking the question.

because, one can easily make the argument that while reaching the sweet sixteen is impressive....just where the hell was this all year long? why was this team a legitimate bubble team at risk of not getting invited to the dance?

tennessee isn't kentucky with a bunch of freshman that needed to grow up.

this team is lead by juniors and seniors.

imo, everyone should be thrilled by advancing to the sweet sixteen. but, i wouldn't let a win over mercer erase the memory of a lot of inexplicable poor play throughout the season.

In Contrast, you think Wichita State fans are cool with it? Or they just say they are as an excuse and inner defense mechanism against the pain?

The goal is to win the tournament. Once the tournament starts, nothing else matters. If you were to ask Wichita State if they would be willing to trade seasons with U.T. right now, I'm sure they would.

I completely agree with. Honestly kind of confused of the response though. Not exactly sure what you're getting at.

I'm proud of the Vols and happy to be in the Sweet 16, and happy that the team is playing well. We SHOULD play well--we have some talent. But it is also true that we haven't played anybody good yet. Michigan is good, so let's see how we fare on Friday. I want to see us beat michigan much like we beat osu to get to the elite 8 under Pearl a few years ago--that was great.

That's exactly my point. I like that attitude. I definitely think we can beat Michigan, but it all comes down to who shows up better Friday, Michigans 3 pt shooters, or our Big guys. Should be a great game!

These young men and their coaches have made the Sweet 16! I've been watching Tennessee sports since the 70's, so for me, this is quite an achievement. I'm excited for them.

Worrying about what's going to happen a year from now? Nah. Worry about two months ago? Nah.

Why take all the fun out of TODAY, or this week?

Reactions: 3 people
These young men and their coaches have made the Sweet 16! I've been watching Tennessee sports since the 70's, so for me, this is quite an achievement. I'm excited for them.

Worrying about what's going to happen a year from now? Nah. Worry about two months ago? Nah.

Why take all the fun out of TODAY, or this week?
I'm with ya

In Contrast, you think Wichita State fans are cool with it? Or they just say they are as an excuse and inner defense mechanism against the pain?

One of the reasons, I am happy I am a football fan first and foremost is everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, puts way too much emphasis on a successful season on the NCAA tournament. That is partially because of the nature of the sport.

I tell my fellow gators of how spoiled we are because for the most part our truly great teams made deep runs in the tournament.

We don't know what it's like to be Wichita state and have a great team and get knocked out early.

Gator fans received the greatest lesson for this in 2000. They should have lost in the 1st round and made it all the way to the national title game.

The tournament can be so crazy that I don't put all my eggs in that basket. That's why the goal is to be a consistently good team because the odds are with you that you will eventually make a deep run.

Every year, I watch this tournament and ask myself how the hell Florida won this thing back to back. It leaves me speechless every time I get in deep thought about it.

I celebrate tournament success like everyone else, but I don't place everything on the tournament.

In a year like Florida had or Wichita state, I cross my fingers to make a deep run so that the year is not considered a failure. I think it is wrong that the shockers lost one game all season by 2 and this year is considered worse than last year for them

Last edited:
I completely agree with. Honestly kind of confused of the response though. Not exactly sure what you're getting at.

I think this was in response to the beer goggles part of your post. I would argue that once the tournament starts, the regular season is irrelevant.

Just like any sport, you have to be in it to win it, and the goal of the season is to get in it. Would beating A&M twice have been better, of course, does it matter, not really.

You can't just pick and choose things to be "relevant". You've talked about Hubbs as if he isn't relevant enough to make an impact next season for Tennessee yet you're claiming that LSU's freshman will make them much better than us next season while underachieving so much this season. That makes no sense

Its makes no sense to assume a roster filled with no more than 3 guys who have done anything whatsoever and 4 3 star freshman are going to be anything other than terrible.

It really is hard to tell

I've seen him post on other topics though, such as how bad wilbekin and Florida is and how great Craft and OSU are....so I'm leaning towards completely full of ****

Craft is better than Wilbekin and Florida will lose their next game. Never commented on Ohio States team. Fail.

Paul Kuharsky just asked Martin the difference down the stretch and his first comment was that it changed with Barton going back to the starting lineup and becoming the on the court leader on both ends.

Again, you are embarrassing yourself.

In other words he is saying that Barton was God awful all year. You use this to support your argument? Can you not comprehend anything?

Its makes no sense to assume a roster filled with no more than 3 guys who have done anything whatsoever and 4 3 star freshman are going to be anything other than terrible.

You're right, no one is going to get better on the current team, Stokes is leaving, the freshman are going to suck, Martin is probably going to host a cook out, and Butch Jones is going to leave for Michigan. Does that make you feel better? It seems like that's what you want to hear.

"Sweet 16 program in bad shape"

Never a losing season in the SEC and should have made the dance all three years.

Your post is stupid.

Reactions: 2 people
Seriously, I encourage everyone to put this guy on ignore. You won't be missing much, I promise.

One of the reasons, I am happy I am a football fan first and foremost is everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, puts way too much emphasis on a successful season on the NCAA tournament. That is partially because of the nature of the sport.

I tell my fellow gators of how spoiled we are because for the most part out truly great teams made deep runs in the tournament.

We don't know what it's like to be Wichita state and have a great team and get knocked out early.

Gator fans received the greatest lesson for this in 2000. They should have lost in the 1st round and made it all the way to the national title game.

The tournament can be so crazy that I don't put all my eggs in that basket. That's why he goal is to be a consistently good team because the odds are with you that you will eventually make a deep run.

Every year, I watch this tournament and ask myself how the hell Florida won this thing back to back. It leaves me speechless every time I get in deep thought about it.

I celebrate tournament success like everyone else, but I don't place everything on the tournament.

In a year like Florida had or Wichita state, I cross my fingers to make a deep run so that the year is not considered a failure. I think it is wrong that the shockers lost one game all season by 2 and this year is considered worse than last year for them

Having said that as a football fan first, are you going to be ok with Florida going undefeated in the regular season then losing to a #4 seed in the playoff system? If that ever happens?

I totally agree with you about the last paragraph.

Wichita State had an amazing run, but that built expectations and that's the let down. Expectations always, and I mean always, create magnified let downs when the goal is suspended early before expectation is met.

Last edited:
It hasn't overachieved, and the program still is in bad shape. Why in the world anyone thinks that a team playing the way it should have all along and beating Iowa, UMASS, and Mercer, deserves an apology for the garbage that we saw all year is just weird. Martin has earned himself another year, has he proven himself to be anything other than a mediocre coach and a terrible recruiter? NO. Unless he is able to parlay this into completely redoing his recruiting class the future remains bleak. The talent level next year will not be mediocre, it will be flat out bad. Some people act as if "we made the sweet 16 so I guess the program is in great shape going forward" Bull fing crap.

Long Beach State, Virginia, choke job.
American, Butler, ass whooping.
San Diego State, Ohio, Ohio State.

What do these teams have in common? Crap teams UT has played to get to the Sweet 16 in the last 10 years. And you're going to badmouth this team for kicking ass so far in this tournament? You're such a waste of a human on this board. If someone else posted this, I'm sorry, but it is still true.

Having said that as a football fan first, are you going to be ok with Florida going undefeated in the regular season then losing to a #4 seed in the playoff system? If that ever happens?

I totally agree with you about the last paragraph.

Wichita State had an amazing run, but that built expectations and that's the let down. Expectations always, and I mean always, create magnified let downs when the goal is suspended early before expectation is met.

Would it be disappointing? Certainly.

But, undefeated means sec title and beating FSU.

So, hell yes, I'd be happy with that.

Would it be disappointing? Certainly.

But, undefeated means sec title and beating FSU.

So, hell yes, I'd be happy with that.

Come on, mane! You know Gator Nation would be ripped if that happened. As would Volnation. Bamanation. Banananation. And every other nation.

You make a good argument for the integrity of a wiki-defined fan. But it ain't reality.

BOP might be the most ignorant poster on this forum. And that's saying something. You need to buy yourself a damn clue.

It hasn't overachieved, and the program still is in bad shape. Why in the world anyone thinks that a team playing the way it should have all along and beating Iowa, UMASS, and Mercer, deserves an apology for the garbage that we saw all year is just weird. Martin has earned himself another year, has he proven himself to be anything other than a mediocre coach and a terrible recruiter? NO. Unless he is able to parlay this into completely redoing his recruiting class the future remains bleak. The talent level next year will not be mediocre, it will be flat out bad. Some people act as if "we made the sweet 16 so I guess the program is in great shape going forward" Bull fing crap.

I think you should go skydiving without a parachute on.
:eek:k:

There is always going to be the bunch of no it alls, that are NEVER satisfied with the choice of coach unless they pick them. We could win the NC and he still would feel the same. Never happy, never satisfied, living a sad sad life.

Enjoy

VN Store

Back