XBOX, PS2, Wait For Newer System?

Should I buy another PS2, XBOX, or wait until the next newest gaming system is released?

• Total voters

U-T

My PS2 broke and I am contemplating whether to buy a new PS2, finally get an XBOX, or wait until the newer XBOX or PS3 comes out.

What ya think?

If you can deal with the waiting, you might as well. If you don't care about the PS3, then don't.

Ncaa football is crazy on Xbox I cannot beat my cousin on Xbox for beans but when we play on PS2 he cannot touch me!!

xbox xbox xbox. Especially if you can mod it. (Not that I would do that or anything).

I am not sure the wait will happen. I.....am already shaking.....

It's alright. Go out and buy an XBox to tide you over until the NextBox comes out November-ish.

Originally posted by U-T@Apr 22, 2005 9:16 PM
I am not sure the wait will happen. I.....am already shaking.....

In that case, go get another one stat!

Originally posted by milohimself@Apr 22, 2005 9:17 PM
It's alright. Go out and buy an XBox to tide you over until the NextBox comes out November-ish.

A new xbox is coming out this year?

I'm pretty sure, yeah.

And for anybody that plays Halo 2 on XBox Live, they are coming out with a new multiplayer expansion pack with 9 new levels at the end of summer.

I think PS3 comes out in Japan this year and an 06 release for the US!!!!

Japanese media reported on May 6th that the PS3 console is in development. The goal is to make new processor technology, called "grid" about 200x faster than current console technology. This is almost achieving their original goal of making the PS3 1000(!) times faster than the PS2. This goal was publically set by Mr Okamoto, the Senior VP and Chief Technical Officer of Sony Computer Entertainment, at the 2002 Game Developers Conference in San Jose, California.

Wow!!!! :good: :clap:

Did anyone here about sony getting the technology to hook these things to your head to make you feel and taste things in the game. They said if they get it to work that it would work and getting blind people to see.

that would be something. but could you imagine playing resident evil or something like that and smell the dead bodies and things like that. It would be sick.

how much is onea these things gonna cost?? lol..about 600 bucks??? we might want to start a lil piggie bank goin or something.

Currently, the XBOX 360 is looking like late October or November release. While nothing is certain or offical, the biggest rumours have 2 version coming out. One is barebones XBOX 360 for $299. The other includes a harddrive, backwards compatability, and webTV built in for $399. Both will have wireless controllers out of the box (there aren't controller plugs on the front). Pictures of the new xbox came out over the weekend and really appear to be offical (I think they came from ourcolony.net).

The global unveiling of XBOX 360 will be on May 12th, 9:30pm on MTV2.

Current news on Sony is a a 1st Q release in Japan, then a release in the US around the summer or just after. However, that is now in jeopardy because of the latest news of Sony and Toshiba working on a new format to combine BluRay and HD-DVD technology. This could push the PS3 back to the fall of next year. That said, both core chips and graphics chips are done. They are very similar in power both graphically and hardware wise. The PS3 being half a year or more later does not mean it's going to be drastically more powerful since the insides are pretty much finished and have been for a couple months now.

hey U-T, I got an Atari 6300 in my closet you can borrow just to tide you over

I am playing with my little cousins nintendo 64....thats how badly I am doing

Originally posted by volmanjr@Apr 25, 2005 10:38 AM
hey U-T, I got an Atari 6300 in my closet you can borrow just to tide you over

You know how much you could get on ebay for that :question:

Originally posted by U-T@Apr 25, 2005 4:15 PM
I am playing with my little cousins nintendo 64....thats how badly I am doing

Look at the bright side at least its not a.......a Sega CD, Atari, regular nintendo, super nintendo, sega genisis, sega dreamcast( what were they thinking) and anything else I left out :D

N64.jpg

Dude, appreciate the classics! N64 is gonna be the gaming system that defined the generation of the late-90's. Super Mario 64, Goldeneye 007, WaveRace 64, Zelda Ocarina of Time, Mario Party, Mario Kart... Classic stuff.

And Vols4life, NES, SNES and Sega Genisis also have some great classics. Know your roots, son. And the Dreamcast is actually a really good system, why's anybody dissing on it? The original Sports2k games, Sonic games, Soul Calibur, Shenmue and any of its amazing racing games.

So much system disrespect these days. Newer does not mean better.

Originally posted by milohimself@Apr 25, 2005 8:54 PM
And Vols4life, NES, SNES and Sega Genisis also have some great classics. Know your roots, son. And the Dreamcast is actually a really good system, why's anybody dissing on it? The original Sports2k games, Sonic games, Soul Calibur, Shenmue and any of its amazing racing games.

So much system disrespect these days. Newer does not mean better.

I know what ya mean Milo!! I do miss playing Tecmo Bowl on regular Nintendo!!! Also playing Bill Walsh on Sega Genisis!! Great stuff!!!

Ok, the time has come for me to get a new system. I have waiting for too long.

Any new thoughts?

Where could I get cheap PS2's or XBOX's? Any suggestions?

VN Store

Back