Madden 19

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
DUKEHOF_Hero_940x528-hero.jpg

Surprised by no thread on this one. Anyone picking it up?

I play a lot of MUT during the season and I just picked back up Madden 18 to get the Rookie Premiere players that carry over to 2019.

Who else is getting 19? Any other MUT addicts?

Only reason I will get it is for online league that I have been in for several years. I played the beta for a couple of weeks and like the changes that RPM brings, but the game still has legacy code issues. I did see a bunch more animations added and liked the running game.

I understand the appeal of MUT, but I've never been able to get into it even though I've tried on several occasions.

I wish EA would switch the focus back to franchise mode but doubtful that will happen anytime soon because they can make so much money from the MUT microtransactions alone.

I may or may not buy. Gameplay wise I enjoyed it last year. Would love to be part of a league again if someone got one up and running on here.

Reactions: 1 person
This might be the first year I've passed on Madden in some 12 years. The past couple games just haven't done it for me.

I understand the appeal of MUT, but I've never been able to get into it even though I've tried on several occasions.

I wish EA would switch the focus back to franchise mode but doubtful that will happen anytime soon because they can make so much money from the MUT microtransactions alone.

I may or may not buy. Gameplay wise I enjoyed it last year. Would love to be part of a league again if someone got one up and running on here.

I also wish they'd do more for franchise mode.

Reactions: 1 person
Does anyone think it is hilarious that they pick TO as a hall of fame player on the cover... the only guy to not show up to the induction ceremony?

Reactions: Yeiser10
I just can't bring myself to give them my money anymore. I can certainly see why people still buy it, it's literally the only football game left, but man it's just so flawed. What's interesting is if you go on YouTube you can find videos of people comparing Madden 18 vs APF 2k8 and APF just blows it out of the water, and it's 10 years old. But for those of yall who still play I really do hope this year's game is good and yall enjoy it

I just can't bring myself to give them my money anymore. I can certainly see why people still buy it, it's literally the only football game left, but man it's just so flawed. What's interesting is if you go on YouTube you can find videos of people comparing Madden 18 vs APF 2k8 and APF just blows it out of the water, and it's 10 years old. But for those of yall who still play I really do hope this year's game is good and yall enjoy it

Well.....thanks.

Well.....thanks.

Lol I apologize if I came off harsh. I promise my personal dissapointment for Madden doesn't come close to how I feel about NBA 2K. While Madden may not be great in my eyes at least it hasn't fell off the cliff that NBA 2k has. Talk about a fall from grace. But I sincerely mean I hope Madden is good because I'd love to have a football game to play again and quite frankly the fans of this franchise deserve it

Madden 18 is exponentially a better game than APF. It's really not even close

Last edited:
APF does not and it's not even close.

In regards to tackling actually looking and behaving like normal tackling, blocking behaving like normal blocking and players not sliding all over each other yes it absolutely does. Those are the details that throw me off with Madden. It's like everyone is covered in oil and just slip and slide and fall over one another

In regards to tackling actually looking and behaving like normal tackling, blocking behaving like normal blocking and players not sliding all over each other yes it absolutely does. Those are the details that throw me off with Madden. It's like everyone is covered in oil and just slip and slide and fall over one another

I 100% disagree. Madden still has issues with legacy code, but it's so much better...especially since 16 than anything that has ever been out there. Even 2k5, which is always brought up for comparisons.

Biggest news about Madden 19 is that it's coming to PC. First one in like 15 years.

Biggest news about Madden 19 is that it's coming to PC. First one in like 15 years.

Yeah, I'm excited to check it out on PC. I'll probably just subscribe to EA Origin Access Premier so I get Battlefield, Madden and Anthem.

Anthem looks good on paper...then you see footage of those slow ass mechs....

Madden KB/M is the GOAT way to play this year. Who's on board?

Anthem looks good on paper...then you see footage of those slow ass mechs....

Madden KB/M is the GOAT way to play this year. Who's on board?

I read recently they've tightened up the game play mechanics quite a bit on Anthem. We'll see I guess.

This might be the first year I've passed on Madden in some 12 years. The past couple games just haven't done it for me.

Same here. It is just very boring to me.

I don’t like Ultimate Team because I prefer the realism of franchise mode. Hate to use a team without their regular rosters.

The past 5 or 6 years I’ve bought Madden I basically played it for a month then traded it in towards 2K.

Same here. It is just very boring to me.

I don’t like Ultimate Team because I prefer the realism of franchise mode. Hate to use a team without their regular rosters.

The past 5 or 6 years I’ve bought Madden I basically played it for a month then traded it in towards 2K.

I like MUT at first when everyone's team isn't a god squad. I hate how they've made it so overly favored to just buying packs rather than grinding out the solos.

Passed on Madden '18 for one of the first times since the days of the Sega Genesis, lol. I think I'm going to get it this year, based on some of the franchise improvements. I'm still not what I'd call happy with the direction it's gone, but custom draft classes being back, better archetype system/schemes, etc. make me at least a little excited. I still want more control of the franchise and simulation engine, as well as better stat-tracking, but they probably have my money this year. '18 just wasn't enough from '17 to make me take the plunge.

I like MUT at first when everyone's team isn't a god squad. I hate how they've made it so overly favored to just buying packs rather than grinding out the solos.

There are so many solos these days that you can get a pretty decent squad by just grinding, but I know what you mean about people spending tons of money on packs and having a ridiculous team.

Passed on Madden '18 for one of the first times since the days of the Sega Genesis, lol. I think I'm going to get it this year, based on some of the franchise improvements. I'm still not what I'd call happy with the direction it's gone, but custom draft classes being back, better archetype system/schemes, etc. make me at least a little excited. I still want more control of the franchise and simulation engine, as well as better stat-tracking, but they probably have my money this year. '18 just wasn't enough from '17 to make me take the plunge.
I like that defenses are more realistic... they have rules in coverages and pattern match... their is a lot more real scheme as they progress the game.

VN Store

Back