Old-school RuneScape

Hunter10139

Anyone on here play old-school RuneScape? I'm just curious to see if I'm the only one here.

Hah! Oh the memories. I thought they were shutting down old-school RuneScape?

They shut down classic. Old school is based on the 2007 version. They released it in 2013 and it has been receiving brand new content constantly since it released. Usually has 50-100k players online at any time. It's pretty popular and is usually top 20 on twitch.

That was a fun game. Good memories, I also associate it with the era when beating bama wasn't a pipe dream. I'm pretty sure I'd die of nostalgia if I tried to play today

I used to play back in the day for like 8 hours a day during the summer lol. I heard they were releasing OSRS on mobile, so I started back playing again back last July? I played on and off until some time in the winter and I ended up quitting. I just have too much going on in life now compared to back then when I had no responsibilities lol. RuneScape is one of those games where you really have to put some time into the game, and I just can't do it now. When I thought the game was going to be on mobile it peaked my interest because I figured I could log on periodically. They said that it was going to release on mobile at the end of 2017, but to my knowledge it still hasn't?

Nah it's on mobile now which is why I picked it back up. I play a lot during my spare time. I will say it's a lot better on tablet than a cell phone however.

I used to play back in the day for like 8 hours a day during the summer lol. I heard they were releasing OSRS on mobile, so I started back playing again back last July? I played on and off until some time in the winter and I ended up quitting. I just have too much going on in life now compared to back then when I had no responsibilities lol. RuneScape is one of those games where you really have to put some time into the game, and I just can't do it now. When I thought the game was going to be on mobile it peaked my interest because I figured I could log on periodically. They said that it was going to release on mobile at the end of 2017, but to my knowledge it still hasn't?

Actually it is on mobile now. I think it's still technically a beta but it should be an open beta now. It runs very smoothly.

Available on Android and IOS now. The full version. I’m gonna give it a shot

They've done a really good job with the mobile UI. I think you'll like it.

Just so you are aware, free to play is fun, but, membership is so much better. If you want to give membership a shot, the cheapest way is to buy a bond and redeem it in-game to get 2 weeks of membership.

They've done a really good job with the mobile UI. I think you'll like it.

Just so you are aware, free to play is fun, but, membership is so much better. If you want to give membership a shot, the cheapest way is to buy a bond and redeem it in-game to get 2 weeks of membership.
I’m a member already!!!! It’s a must to enjoy the game

I’m a member already!!!! It’s a must to enjoy the game

My in-game name is Hunter10139, the same as my volnation name. Feel free to hit me up sometime if you ever need any help. I'm a moderately high level and don't mind giving assistance. Just tell me you're on volnation so I know where you saw my name from.

I just got back into the game and drug my brother and sister in law back into it as well. Lost all of my old things (stopped playing in 2006) but it is fun to kill time.

I just got back into the game and drug my brother and sister in law back into it as well. Lost all of my old things (stopped playing in 2006) but it is fun to kill time.
I'm pretty sure that everyone lost their old accounts. I don't think there was a way to transfer them. I want to get back into this game but just don't have the desire to now. I started back last year and man the nostalgia was real. I grinded my Slayer all the way up to 70 which was kind of insane because I really didn't put in the hours that I used to back in the day. I kept waiting and waiting for the mobile to come out because I really didn't have much time every day to play on my laptop because I stay so busy, but they kept delaying and delaying the mobile release. I just lost interest and stopped playing and don't really feel like paying for membership now, and I have no interest in playing F2P.

Oldschool Runescape was released in 2013. They found a version from august 2007 and released it for the people who didn't like the way the mainline runescape game was going. Everyone has to start fresh on oldschool runescape, your account on mainline runescape will have all of your items and stats from 2006.

Oldschool Runescape was released in 2013. They found a version from august 2007 and released it for the people who didn't like the way the mainline runescape game was going. Everyone has to start fresh on oldschool runescape, your account on mainline runescape will have all of your items and stats from 2006.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't aware of the differences. I just went back to Oldschool Runescape when I read about it in this forum when it was finally available on mobile. It was funny. I played it while traveling this Thanksgiving. I played it for probably 4-5 hours on cellular data and it only used 5.4 MBs or so. Read somewhere that is because it was setup to run over dial-up and not use a lot of transmitted data.

VN Store

Back