Cyberpunk 2077

Word is June 2019, actually. That's from a CD Projekt Red investor call, so likely legit.

I just feel like if it's really that far along, they would've shown us more gameplay. The trailer at MS' show was awesome but why no gameplay?

There was closed door gameplay revealed to certain individuals.

Yup and from everyone I have watched or read stuff from who were invited back, this game is probably a console gen defining game. They said the reason they didn't release gameplay at E3 was because they didn't want to rush. First person RPG and said the story feels like the wire.

Yup and from everyone I have watched or read stuff from who were invited back, this game is probably a console gen defining game. They said the reason they didn't release gameplay at E3 was because they didn't want to rush. First person RPG and said the story feels like the wire.

Well, it's been in development for 6 years already. Games can always be made high end for PC and adapted for future consoles, like the enhanced versions that have released for Xbox One X. All these games are developed on PC anyway. I doubt they delay based on a future gen console without a definitive release date. Death Stranding, due to it being a Sony exclusive, would probably benefit from a delay, but not a third party title. They need to recoup their investment.

Well, it's been in development for 6 years already. Games can always be made high end for PC and adapted for future consoles, like the enhanced versions that have released for Xbox One X. All these games are developed on PC anyway. I doubt they delay based on a future gen console without a definitive release date. Death Stranding, due to it being a Sony exclusive, would probably benefit from a delay, but not a third party title. They need to recoup their investment.

Not sure what any of this has to do with my post you quoted.

Sounded like you were piggy backing on the prior post about it being delayed until the next gen consoles release. If not, I apologize.

I wasn't at all, but no need to apologize :). I just didn't know what the hell you were talking about lol

48 minute gameplay video released today. If you can carve out the time to give it a watch I'd definitely recommend doing so

Reactions: Vol_Doc
Oh word is that, internally, the game is now playable start to finish. We may end up seeing this sooner, rather than later. A prior investor call targeted June 2019. I could see that.

Oh word is that, internally, the game is now playable start to finish. We may end up seeing this sooner, rather than later. A prior investor call targeted June 2019. I could see that.
Selfishly I wanna it asap but I love that this company will not rush anything! Really refreshing to see video game makers take the time to make it perfect rather than rushing it out to make money

Selfishly I wanna it asap but I love that this company will not rush anything! Really refreshing to see video game makers take the time to make it perfect rather than rushing it out to make money
Even though I am all types of ready for this game it would be interesting if they held until 2020 just for the link. or maybe that is their first update/dlc/expansion. some type of IRL easter egg.

Devs have confirmed that this game is targeted for current gen.

Oh, I know. However you KNOW this is going to be a cross gen title, or at the very least they'll release next gen patch when those systems release (2020). I can wait. I'm already so backlogged on games, I have plenty of time. Plus you know there will be about 50gb's of patches that will release between launch and then, LOL! I plan on upgrading to 4K when the next gen consoles release as well. I don't want to play this any other way but in 4K.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back