Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4, PC)

Aesius

E3 trailer: [YouTube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuWiKXdkdpk[/youtube]

Second trailer: [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtxJtQa6VSw[/youtube]

Release Date: January 25, 2019

Looks INCREDIBLE.

Last edited:
RE2 remake is something I've dreamed of for years and years. I'm thrilled.

The main thing I wanted from this E3 and there it is.

Looks amazing imo. I think gameplay is coming today, be on the lookout.

I believe we see a few snippets of gameplay footage in there in the scenes where the camera view is Resident Evil 4-6 style.

At about the 1:05 mark of the second video you posted is most definitely gameplay.

After seeing this I’m hoping they’ve already started on a RE3 remake too.

The playable demo at e3

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrGfx-AbZb0[/youtube]

The playable demo at e3

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrGfx-AbZb0[/youtube]

I was very much in the camp in wanting it to have fixed camera angles and tank controls.

But after seeing this, this looks fantastic. You can just tell, even though it’s over the shoulder, it’s still a horror game and not an action game. The atmosphere is absolutely terrifying looking. This gon’ be good. Easily wins E3 imo.

Please. I love RE2. It’s one of my favorite games of all time but I have a soft spot for RE3. Jill and the Nemesis. Yes please.

I would think the development for a new RE3 would be easier now. I mean the original RE3 was basically jokingly called RE 2.5 when it came out. They wouldn’t have rebuild from scratch like they did for RE2.

I would think the development for a new RE3 would be easier now. I mean the original RE3 was basically jokingly called RE 2.5 when it came out. They wouldn’t have rebuild from scratch like they did for RE2.

Yup. When this sells like hot cakes I’m sure an RE 3 Remake will be green lit.

I was very much in the camp in wanting it to have fixed camera angles and tank controls.

But after seeing this, this looks fantastic. You can just tell, even though it’s over the shoulder, it’s still a horror game and not an action game. The atmosphere is absolutely terrifying looking. This gon’ be good. Easily wins E3 imo.

It legitimately looks scary as hell. Watching the gameplay footage makes me almost dread playing it, lol. I was so scared of playing RE1 and RE2 as a kid but I couldn't stop.

I remember playing through Leon's and Claire's B scenarios and just being utterly terrified to take another step because I was so afraid of when the Tyrant (Mr. X) would burst through the wall and attack me.

Can't imagine how scary he'll be in this remake.

I've played the original all the way through about 20 times at least. It's been a few years and I'd probably be a bit rusty now but I got to where I could do a complete playthrough, through both Leon/Claire scenarios without dying and almost without taking damage. I can't wait to experience the game again with the anticipation of not knowing what's about to happen.

I imagine it will be like the first time I played the Resident Evil remake. I thought going in "Oh I know where to go" and nope....I did not.

It legitimately looks scary as hell. Watching the gameplay footage makes me almost dread playing it, lol. I was so scared of playing RE1 and RE2 as a kid but I couldn't stop.

I remember playing through Leon's and Claire's B scenarios and just being utterly terrified to take another step because I was so afraid of when the Tyrant (Mr. X) would burst through the wall and attack me.

Can't imagine how scary he'll be in this remake.

I was already in college when RE2 came out, and I actually played RE2 before I played the first one because I got a PlayStaton later. I remember playing it with my roommate when it came out, and we played started it about 1:00 AM.

We were fine until we came upon the first licker....we both were like "WTF IS THAT?"

Still wished they would have released the original version of RE2 before they scrapped it at like 90 percent done and started over again.

Still wished they would have released the original version of RE2 before they scrapped it at like 90 percent done and started over again.

Why? The RE2 we got was a survival horror masterpiece.

I think you can actually play most of RE 1.5 via an emulator now.

1.5? Is that directors cut?

The original version of RE2 looked totally different than what was released. I would just like the chance to play it...obviously it wouldn't compare to masterpiece that is RE2...but I just want to play what they considered so bad that they scrapped when it was almost completely done.

The original version of RE2 looked totally different than what was released. I would just like the chance to play it...obviously it wouldn't compare to masterpiece that is RE2...but I just want to play what they considered so bad that they scrapped when it was almost completely done.

I just looked it up. It's pretty close to the regular re2.. Claire isn't on it though.. it's a girl named elza.. it's set at police station and labs, but it's a little different .. I read they didn't realize how successful the first resident evil would be, so they altered the story so they could keep the story going for future games.

I just looked it up. It's pretty close to the regular re2.. Claire isn't on it though.. it's a girl named elza.. it's set at police station and labs, but it's a little different .. I read they didn't realize how successful the first resident evil would be, so they altered the story so they could keep the story going for future games.

Claire can get an "Elza Walker" outfit as a pre-order bonus for RE2 Remake.

Also, Claire essentially IS Elza Walker (or vice versa), as the character was transitioned into her when they scrapped the plot for RE 1.5.

VN Store

Back