Halo Infinite

Hunter10139

Anyone else curious as to what exactly Halo infinite is going to be? Is it Halo 6? Is the campaign going to make of for the pile of trash that was h5's campaign? Will the mp keep the advanced movement stuff or will they return to the simple, easy to learn but hard to master movement? What do you think?

Idk. It's going to be hard to right the ship tbh. I've almost forgotten what halo 5 was about lol

I don’t think MS will ever end Halo, considering Master Chief is their Mario, but I think they should let him go for a while. Let 343 create a new IP or something. I think Nintendo is the only one capable of reimagining the same story and character over and over again.

Like Robert Zemeckis said when asked about a Back to the Future IV, “There’s no Back to the Future IV and there shouldn’t be a Back to the Future IV. I don’t think there should ever be a fourth sequel to anything. Three is a dramatic number. It’s a three-act structure. Four is even. Four is boring.”

If Halo has ended at 3, it would have been perfect, and I’m a huge Halo fan.

Reactions: 1 person
It's all about money. Halo 4 was fantastic. Halo 5 they really favored the online PVP more than the story.

Reach is still the best Halo, imo.

I don’t think MS will ever end Halo, considering Master Chief is their Mario, but I think they should let him go for a while. Let 343 create a new IP or something. I think Nintendo is the only one capable of reimagining the same story and character over and over again.

Like Robert Zemeckis said when asked about a Back to the Future IV, “There’s no Back to the Future IV and there shouldn’t be a Back to the Future IV. I don’t think there should ever be a fourth sequel to anything. Three is a dramatic number. It’s a three-act structure. Four is even. Four is boring.”

If Halo has ended at 3, it would have been perfect, and I’m a huge Halo fan.

Halo is Microsoft's "Mario." Master Chief is unquestionably THE face of Xbox. There's no way they'll ever stop making Halo games.

The new engine running Halo is interesting as it really does change the traditional Halo aesthetic. It's much cleaner looking now and a little more stylized I think. Not saying it's necessarily good or bad, just different.

If they could make an actual game (not an arcade game) about the ODST and Marines on Installation 01 it would be epic. The novelization of Halo CE was so cool.

Halo is Microsoft's "Mario." Master Chief is unquestionably THE face of Xbox. There's no way they'll ever stop making Halo games.

The new engine running Halo is interesting as it really does change the traditional Halo aesthetic. It's much cleaner looking now and a little more stylized I think. Not saying it's necessarily good or bad, just different.

The simpler art style is nice. Maybe they won't be so power ranger-esque.

I'll get it, but honestly the last 2 main entries have been rather meh to me, so I might until the first price drop.

It's like a lot of other franchises. Its frantically searching for a reason to still exist.

I think a big part of the problem is the massive split in the fan base regarding advanced movement mechanics. Not to mention h4s campaign was just okay and h5s was a complete joke.

I need to go back and play Halo 5. I enjoyed 4, but when I got 5 my friends hurried me through the story so that we could play multiplayer. I barely played it anymore after that. The story is what drives me to games anymore not 16 vs. 16 team deathmatch (I don't even remember the last time I played my last online match making game). The story of the first three Halo games were awesome. 4 was great, but I remember not really enjoying 5's story. Still, Reach is still by far my favorite Halo game. Such an awesome story and with great game play. I wonder if this will come out for PC? Most likely not. Hopefully it does so I don't have to buy another XBox console.

I need to go back and play Halo 5. I enjoyed 4, but when I got 5 my friends hurried me through the story so that we could play multiplayer. I barely played it anymore after that. The story is what drives me to games anymore not 16 vs. 16 team deathmatch (I don't even remember the last time I played my last online match making game). The story of the first three Halo games were awesome. 4 was great, but I remember not really enjoying 5's story. Still, Reach is still by far my favorite Halo game. Such an awesome story and with great game play. I wonder if this will come out for PC? Most likely not. Hopefully it does so I don't have to buy another XBox console.

Ironically, wasn't that the last Halo made by Bungie before they split from MS?

Yes, I dont like how they're making Halo Infinite a launch game.. seems gimmicky.

Infinite was always going to be a next-gen game. Always. Microsoft was always going to use it as their main draw to buy Scarlett. I hate it, but it is going to work for them. I hope they bring it to PC (highly doubt it) because my 6-7 year old PC also blows the XBox One X out of the water.

Reach is Backward compatible if you have an Xbox one. I still play it from time to time. Still has a sizeable multiplayer user group too.

Reach is Backward compatible if you have an Xbox one. I still play it from time to time. Still has a sizeable multiplayer user group too.

Honestly, I can't remember when I turned my XBox One on last lol. But that's great to hear. Does it have updated graphics?

Infinite was always going to be a next-gen game. Always. Microsoft was always going to use it as their main draw to buy Scarlett. I hate it, but it is going to work for them. I hope they bring it to PC (highly doubt it) because my 6-7 year old PC also blows the XBox One X out of the water.

I just find it funny that MS still thinks Halo is a thing. It still has it's diehards but most people have moved on. They need to focus on creating new IP's.

I just find it funny that MS still thinks Halo is a thing. It still has it's diehards but most people have moved on. They need to focus on creating new IP's.

I'm going to want to play the story at least once because I want to know how it ends (assuming this is another trilogy). But, like you said this will be it for me with Halo. I don't do online matchmaking at all anymore. That's another thing I hated about 5 is that you had to download the 50+ GB patch that was all multiplayer stuff. Couldn't play the game unless you did.

Eh. It's not as big of a draw as it used to be. They'll have to go way outside the traditional Halo formula to draw people in. We'll see I guess.

Reach is also getting remastered and added to the Master Chief Collection; well kind of, you have to pay for the single player.

VN Store

Back