Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PS4, X1, PC)

Definite buy. Rise of the Tomb Raider is one of the best games I've ever played. The 60 FPS performance mode on Xbox One X was beautiful. All this has to be is another story in the same engine, and it'll be great, but looks like they're making significant improvements. Can't wait!

These games are great. Really fun gameplay alongside a great story. And the best part: you aren't finished in 5 hours!

I just want to go on record as saying these quick time event action-shooters are NOT Tomb Raider.

I’m sure it will do well though.

I played the first game since the reboot. The 2013 one, it was pretty solid. Gonna have to play Rise soon before this one.

I'm looking forward to this. The first two games in the series reboot really pulled me in and now it's one of my favorite single player games. Before tomb raider didn't appeal to me at all.

I just want to go on record as saying these quick time event action-shooters are NOT Tomb Raider.

I’m sure it will do well though.

Why do you say that? Do you dislike the current renditions of the game?

Last edited:
Gameplay and more
[youtube]https://youtu.be/A_z7zo3Zyyk[/youtube]

I'm looking forward to this. The first two games in the series reboot really pulled me in and now it's one of my favorite single player games. Before tomb raider didn't appeal to me at all.

Why do you say that? Do you dislike the current renditions of the game?

Not at all. Bring back tombs, puzzles, mystery, etc. We don’t need anymore action shooters.

Not at all. Bring back tombs, puzzles, mystery, etc. We don’t need anymore action shooters.

I thought there were plenty of tombs with puzzles and mystery in the last game. Story was great. I found the shooter aspect to be secondary. Actually, a lot of the time I was stealthing.

There were puzzles and tombs in rise of the tomb raider, I'm not sure I get what you're saying.

Those were baby puzzles compared to the original Tomb Raiders.

They basically made the puzzles side games you could knock out in 5 minutes.

Again, that is NOT Tomb Raider. These games are basically Uncharted with Tomb Raider skin.

Last edited:
Those were baby puzzles compared to the original Tomb Raiders.

They basically made the puzzles side games you could knock out in 5 minutes.

Again, that is NOT Tomb Raider. These games are basically Uncharted with Tomb Raider skin.

I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

True.

And again, I’m sure this game will do great and will be a fun game. But in the original Tomb Raiders you usually only fought a handful of enemies throughout the game, you spent more time climbing, solving puzzles, escaping tombs, etc. That was the bulk of the game.

In Rise of the Tomb Raider I felt tike I spent more time ducking behind walls and picking off enemies, aiming for the conveniently-placed exploding barrel right beside them than anything else. Not to mention the dreaded quick-time evens.

The originals to me just required more skill. In some cases you almost had to have a strategy guide to have any idea what to do.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back