E3 2018

tweezervol

I’ve been away from lurking for a while with the kiddos keeping me busy, hadn’t seen much talk of E3

Anyone excited for anything in particular, announced or just rumors?

I saw a rumor about Perfect Dark 2, which would be a great throwback for me.

I’m also excited to see more about the Division 2, had a ton of fun with the first one.

Seems like much of it keeps leaking, whether intentional or unintentional. It's hard to stay excited when everything keeps leaking out prior to the event.

Sony has said their presentation is going to be a bit different this year, choosing to focus on deep dives of Spiderman, Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, and The Last of Us Part 2. I'll be shocked if this is ALL they show. I can't help but think they have more up their sleeves than this. There are other games in development, this we know for sure. There's Concrete Genie, Dreams, Medieval Remake, etc. Plus I'd say we'll see more of Call of Duty BOPS 4, maybe the rumored Rocksteady Superman game. Maybe some more of Red Dead Redemption 2.

Nintendo has said they are only focusing on 2018 titles, which would be Smash Brothers, Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Evee, Yoshi, Mario Tennis Aces, and the new Fire Emblem. If the leaked rumors are true, we should see Dragonball Z Fighters, Paladins, and Fortnite announced for Switch as well.

Microsoft to me is the biggest question mark. Of the 3, they have been the most tight-lipped. Everyone assumes that Forza Horizons 4 will be shown. Crackdown 3 I'm sure will make an appearance. Ori and the Will of the Whisps will be there. I wouldn't be surprised if Halo 6 is at least teased. I also have a feeling they'll lean heavily on 3rd party games like Anthem, Cyberpunk 2077, Battlefield V, Assassins Creed Odyssey, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, etc.

Last edited:
Personally I'm hoping to finally hear something concrete about Cyberpunk 2077. Definitely wanna see more about Fallout 76 because I'm not really sure what they're trying to do with it. I have no hope for Microsoft after their conference last year, nothing but empty promises as per usual. They showed off like 40 "exclusives" and how many of those actually came out? And were any of them well recieved outside of Cuphead? Would also love to hear more about the core Pokemon game for Switch that's coming out in 2019. Overall just give me some new good games to play because I'm so tired of BRs lol

Besides Microsoft, I think the company that has the most riding on this E3 is Bioware. Anthem had better impress. They're kind of in trouble if it doesn't.

Mainly looking forward to Anthem, The Division 2, and Cyberpunk 2077. Hoping for some surprises, though. First conferences will be Saturday. EA kicking it off early. They need to make a big statement for sure.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180603-212709.jpg
    Screenshot_20180603-212709.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 12
Besides RE2 Remake, I'm looking forward to seeing what exactly Fallout 76 is, hopefully an update on the FF7 remake, and Cyberpunk 2077.

I would like to see some sort of Halo news besides "we're finally fixing mcc". I doubt it happens but we'll see.

Seems like much of it keeps leaking, whether intentional or unintentional. It's hard to stay excited when everything keeps leaking out prior to the event.

Sony has said their presentation is going to be a bit different this year, choosing to focus on deep dives of Spiderman, Ghost of Tsushima, Death Stranding, and The Last of Us Part 2. I'll be shocked if this is ALL they show. I can't help but think they have more up their sleeves than this. There are other games in development, this we know for sure. There's Concrete Genie, Dreams, Medieval Remake, etc. Plus I'd say we'll see more of Call of Duty BOPS 4, maybe the rumored Rocksteady Superman game. Maybe some more of Red Dead Redemption 2.

Nintendo has said they are only focusing on 2018 titles, which would be Smash Brothers, Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu & Let's Go Evee, Yoshi, Mario Tennis Aces, and the new Fire Emblem. If the leaked rumors are true, we should see Dragonball Z Fighters, Paladins, and Fortnite announced for Switch as well.

Microsoft to me is the biggest question mark. Of the 3, they have been the most tight-lipped. Everyone assumes that Forza Horizons 4 will be shown. Crackdown 3 I'm sure will make an appearance. Ori and the Will of the Whisps will be there. I wouldn't be surprised if Halo 6 is at least teased. I also have a feeling they'll lean heavily on 3rd party games like Anthem, Cyberpunk 2077, Battlefield V, Assassins Creed Odyssey, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, etc.

I’m only on Xbox and switch, and even with very limited time to game, Sony has done a great job with exclusives...enough to make me consider grabbing a pro.

I can only imagine the eye rolls from the wife...

I'd like to see Anthem and Division 2.

I don't think either will launch this year. I also think Anthem will be a big ol' loot box of some sort and will fall just shy. And then we'll have yet another "stick with us for a year or two and we promise to make it good."

I would like to add another game to my list. Whatever Starfield is (Bethesda). Also, for my mythical game I would like to include ES6.

Last of Us 2 has me hyped. Interested to see what the new Assassins Creed is all about.

Here is one of my "dream" predictions for E3...

Nintendo announces a new Punch Out...and Mike Tyson walks out on stage to reveal he is in the game! I would lose my sh_t lol!

Last edited:
I'd like to see Anthem and Division 2.

I don't think either will launch this year. I also think Anthem will be a big ol' loot box of some sort and will fall just shy. And then we'll have yet another "stick with us for a year or two and we promise to make it good."

TD2 already slated for first quarter 2019. No idea about Anthem. I'm riding the hype train until they derail it, lol! The EA factor is the only thing that gives me pause.

Hope they show actual gameplay for Death Stranding. I have no idea what kind of game it's going to be but the trailers have looked really cool

Hope they show actual gameplay for Death Stranding. I have no idea what kind of game it's going to be but the trailers have looked really cool

Part of me still thinks Death Stranding is a PS5 game. At least a PS4/PS5 cross gen game.

VN Store

Back