Fallout 76

zhangliao04

Fallout 76 just got announced by Bethesda. More info will be coming at E3, but we do know that Vault 76 will play a main part of the game. Rumored to be canonically before all other Fallout games. Also rumored (by Kotaku) to be an online game.

IGN:
Fallout 76 Announced - IGN

Kotaku:
Bethesda Announces Fallout 76

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ye84Zrqndo[/youtube]

fallout-76.jpg

vqtxfmysfzrb7otbgbwi.png

Fallout76_Teaser_Pip_Boy_1527685273.jpeg

fallout76-teaser-atrium-1527685269-1527689949569_1280w.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Man, the rumors around this game are...disheartening. People saying it's basically going to be a Rust clone with a Fallout skin. If so that's going to be a hard pass from me. Hopefully their E3 presentation provides more optimism.

Also wanted to include a link to the Twitter of the Kotaku writer who has a very good track record when it comes to inside info of Fallout games. Would recommend reading what he has to say Twitter

Also wanted to include a link to the Twitter of the Kotaku writer who has a very good track record when it comes to inside info of Fallout games. Would recommend reading what he has to say Twitter

I added the link to the OP. Yeah, I read that he was saying that it will be an online game. It also could be a Fallout clone of ESO. If it is an online game I will more than likely not get it.

I added the link to the OP. Yeah, I read that he was saying that it will be an online game. It also could be a Fallout clone of ESO. If it is an online game I will more than likely not get it.

ech, hopefully not.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until E3, but if their presentation confirms these rumors I also will not be buying it either. He did say it's not an MMO, so that rules out an ESO clone I would imagine, but man if I'm forced to play multiplayer in a Fallout game that's a big turnoff

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until E3, but if their presentation confirms these rumors I also will not be buying it either. He did say it's not an MMO, so that rules out an ESO clone I would imagine, but man if I'm forced to play multiplayer in a Fallout game that's a big turnoff

Glad to hear it wont be an MMO. That was my biggest fear. However, if it isn't an MMO I don't know what else it could be as far as multiplayer other than a forced-multiplayer. He seemed quite adamant that it was not a singleplayer game.

If this game is online only, I'll be so disappointed in Bethesda. The core of Fallout is an immersive single player experience. This reeks of a disgusting money-grab, like what we say with Konami and their Metal Gear Survive spin off that has MGS enthusiasts absolutely detested.

Reactions: 1 person
Glad to hear it wont be an MMO. That was my biggest fear. However, if it isn't an MMO I don't know what else it could be as far as multiplayer other than a forced-multiplayer. He seemed quite adamant that it was not a singleplayer game.

The guy from Kotaku posted an article about an hour and a half ago about everything he knows so far. Mentions it will have a story and quests and will focus around base building like Rust.

Last edited:
The guy from Kotaku posted an article about an hour and a half ago about everything he knows so far. Mentions it will have a story and quests and will focus around base building like Rust.

Rust...with a story? And quests? This would be too much of a hybrid game, if you ask me. MMO and Rust have a baby. Hopefully E3 will shed a lot of light.

Should have just made ES 6...

Rust...with a story? And quests? This would be too much of a hybrid game, if you ask me. MMO and Rust have a baby. Hopefully E3 will shed a lot of light.

Should have just made ES 6...

Yeah it sounds really weird, I can't even picture it in my head honestly. Bethesda's conference went from people tuning in from Fallout excitement to tuning in because of concern and confusion about Fallout. But yeah I totally agree on ES6, they'd have blown the roof off that place if they'd had that ready to go. No idea how much longer we have to wait for that though, it's been about 7 years since Skyrim

Last edited:
Yeah it sounds really weird, I can't even picture it in my head honestly. Bethesda's conference went from people tuning in from Fallout excitement to tuning in because of concern and confusion about Fallout. But yeah I totally agree on ES6, they'd have blown the roof off that place if they'd had that ready to go. No idea how much longer we have to wait for that though, it's been about 7 years since Skyrim

Last year a higher up said that ES6 had been in development, but only in initial stages and that it was still 3-4 years out before being ready. 2-3 more to go, I guess...

IMO, they made a new engine for it. The last one was really buggy. The problem is that the longer it takes the higher the stakes.

Last year a higher up said that ES6 had been in development, but only in initial stages and that it was still 3-4 years out before being ready. 2-3 more to go, I guess...

IMO, they made a new engine for it. The last one was really buggy. The problem is that the longer it takes the higher the stakes.

Yeah they pushed this last engine to its breaking point, literally. If it takes a few more years to develop ES6 on a new engine then by all means do it because that will look amazing.

Hopefully it’s just a normal spinoff game that plays like Fallout 4 with better role playing. Like New Vegas was to 3. That’s what I’m hoping. Please don’t be a MMO

Yeah they pushed this last engine to its breaking point, literally. If it takes a few more years to develop ES6 on a new engine then by all means do it because that will look amazing.

People still play and buy the F outta Skyrim. I can see why Bethesda isn’t in any hurry. Lol

People still play and buy the F outta Skyrim. I can see why Bethesda isn’t in any hurry. Lol

They've re-released that game at full price so many dang times I've lost count, it's honestly hilarious lol. But oh yeah they've made so much money off that game it's ridiculous

They've re-released that game at full price so many dang times I've lost count, it's honestly hilarious lol. But oh yeah they've made so much money off that game it's ridiculous

Saw a joke where Fallout 76 is about being stuck in one room with a computer that can only play Skyrim. Wouldn’t surprise me lol

Saw a joke where Fallout 76 is about being stuck in one room with a computer that can only play Skyrim. Wouldn’t surprise me lol

Haha yeah I've seen that one. Don't give them any ideas they might actually do that one day lol

Saw some folks talking to Bethesda devs on Twitter, they seem pretty confident that people's tunes will change once they see more about Fallout 76 at E3. I know, not a shocker, but they could just hide and say nothing so I'm interested to see what they've got

I would rather keep it a Fallout game, lone survivor focused rather than add in the base building. I like the base building, but if they want to make the base building the focus they need to add in real economy pieces, instead of depending on recycling.

VN Store

Back