Pokemon: Lets Go Pikachu & Pokemon: Lets Go Evee (Nintendo Switch)

Brave Volunteer

I figured I'd put this in it's own thread. I'm telling you folks, if you you're even considering getting a Nintendo Switch, you'd better do it before Fall of this year because between these games and Super Smash Brothers, you won't be able to find one on the side of a milk carton.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jRtpMKLsts[/youtube]

Lets_Go_titles.jpeg

eRAWeXR.png

Pokemon_Lets_Go_Screenshot_01_png_jpgcopy.jpg

Pokemon_Lets_Go_Screenshot_02_2_png_jpgcopy.jpg

Pokemon_Lets_Go_Screenshot_03_2_png_jpgcopy.jpg

Pokemon_Lets_Go_Screenshot_07_2.png

Pokemon_Lets_Go_Screenshot_09_2_png_jpgcopy.jpg

DeaQyf3V0AAIlW_.jpg

11.jpg

I highly doubtful it will be optional. They did say that another core game is coming in 2019.

I’ll say it has potential. Better not put stardust in it or those stupid candy . I want to level up my Pokémon the original way .

I’ll say it has potential. Better not put stardust in it or those stupid candy . I want to level up my Pokémon the original way .

Already confirmed there's no candy. Pokémon level up the traditional way.

One huge bummer that I've learned since the reveal is that you do not battle wild Pokémon. You only catch them like in Go.

Also, I've learned that this is NOT the true, next gen 8 Pokémon game. That is still in the works and due to release in 2019. This is more like a spin off game that's made to appeal to more casual fans and introduce new fans to the Pokémon universe, which is why they are back in Kanto and focusing on the Gen 1 Pokémon.

Having said that, I'm still excited as hell to play this! It looks beautiful. I love the art style.

As long as I don’t need dust or candy I’m down . I personally see this as a test game . To see what works and doesn’t on the switch

Here's some more information regarding the games.

Confirmed Info

General
-Inspired by Pokemon Yellow
-Setting sees players returning to Kanto Region
-Pokemon Go is not required
-Transfer Pokemon from Go into Let's Go (one way xfer). Early info indicates Pokemon moved from Go to Let's Go will appear in the Go Park where players must capture them again in Let's Go P/E.
-Version differences: In addition to determining your first partner Pokémon, there will be some differences in the species of Pokémon that you encounter and the rate at which you encounter them based on whether you choose Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! or Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee!
-Follow Pokemon return
-Local Coop By sharing one of the Joy-Con controllers with a partner, two players can adventure at the same time. Throw Poké Balls together when you encounter Pokémon to boost your chances of successfully catching them, or have a friend lend a hand by joining you in battles against Trainers in your game.
-Your starter Pikachu or Eevee cannot evolve in the Let's Go games.
-Masuda confirmed that first 150 Pokemon as well as their Alolan forms from Sun and Moon
-There is no Pokemon breeding (and therefore no eggs) in Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee.
-Masuda confirmed that you will be able to trade Pokemon between the Let's Go games.
-You can connect with other people in Let's Go Pikachu and Let's Go Eevee via both local wireless and Wi-Fi, Masuda confirmed. Though you can battle online, there are no ranked battles in the Let's Go games.
-Customization options shown in trailer for dressing Pikachu/Eevee

Pokeball Plus
-Pokeball shaped Joycon
-Control stick and button on top, LED lights around middle, vibration function
-Compatible only with Pokemon Go and LGPE
-3 hr battery life
-$40-45
-Can be used as a Pokemon Go Pro accessory

Wild Pokemon Encounters
-No wild pokemon battles
-Wild Pokemon appear in overworld, walk up to them to initiate catch sequence
-Use of Go Capture Mechanics
-Masuda did mention during our Q&A session that the Let's Go games are like any other main Pokemon RPGs in that they're both "accessible" but with "depth" for those who want it
-Trailer Shows Wild Pokemon with Level(from old games) and CP(from Pokemon Go)

dM83zQ2.png

Trainer Battles
-Seems to retain older RPG battle system
-XP gain from catching Pokemon and defeating trainers, though Masuda said the leveling system hasn't been finalized yet
-Trailer shows only level not CP in trainer battles

qrd2T0M.png

The biggest thing to me right now is not being able to fight the wild Pokemon. That is a HUGE part of Pokemon. I'm definitely in "wait-and-see" mode especially over how experience works. I need more than "exp is gained by catching Pokemon and winning battles."

I’m really excited to explore the original Kanto in those graphics. But damn. Why is so connoted to ****ty Pokémon Go? How are you even going to train your Pokémon consistently if you can’t battle wild Pokémon? Lots of questions.

I’m really excited to explore the original Kanto in those graphics. But damn. Why is so connoted to ****ty Pokémon Go? How are you even going to train your Pokémon consistently if you can’t battle wild Pokémon? Lots of questions.

My question is if we are able to transfer our Pokedex from Go over to the Switch game, what's the point of playing? LOL! Much of the Pokémon games consist of discovering Pokémon and building your Pokedex. If you can start the game day one with a full roster, what's the motivation of even playing the game?

My question is if we are able to transfer our Pokedex from Go over to the Switch game, what's the point of playing? LOL! Much of the Pokémon games consist of discovering Pokémon and building your Pokedex. If you can start the game day one with a full roster, what's the motivation of even playing the game?

I would bet anything you can’t transfer from Go until post game. Usually how that thing worked in the past.

I read somewhere that the Pokemon you transfer over from Go will go to a Park. They won't be available for use to battle in your party.

It’s definitely a hold over game. Basically a nostalgia kick for the old fans and to try and also get the Pokémon Go crowd into it.

I’m excited for it but I’m hoping the 2019 game is drastically different. For example while the graphics look beautiful in this, the scale of the world still appears to be the same. I was hoping a bigger scale. Like bigger zones and cities and more NPCs and such. You can still tell they’re using the engine they used on the 3DS for this one. That’s fine as long as the next one gets bigger on every way.

It’s definitely a hold over game. Basically a nostalgia kick for the old fans and to try and also get the Pokémon Go crowd into it.

I’m excited for it but I’m hoping the 2019 game is drastically different. For example while the graphics look beautiful in this, the scale of the world still appears to be the same. I was hoping a bigger scale. Like bigger zones and cities and more NPCs and such. You can still tell they’re using the engine they used on the 3DS for this one. That’s fine as long as the next one gets bigger on every way.

Yep, definitely agree. This is merely a hold over until the real Gen 8 Pokémon game arrives. It make sense. I knew when they announced Gen 8 at last year's E3, there was no way it would be ready this year.

Regardless, Nintendo is going to sell a **** ton of this game and Switch consoles this holiday.

It seems to me they want to monetize the exp like they did in Go! If you run out of the dust or whatever - there’s always the option to buy more. If there are endless battles with wild Pokémon available then it cuts into their profits.

It seems to me they want to monetize the exp like they did in Go! If you run out of the dust or whatever - there’s always the option to buy more. If there are endless battles with wild Pokémon available then it cuts into their profits.

I think they confirmed that these games will not have dust/candy to level up our Pokémon.

I think they confirmed that these games will not have dust/candy to level up our Pokémon.

Okay nice. Then it’s strictly battles with other players online?

In the video it looks like there’s a battle with one of the “Bugcatcher” guys so it looks like there will be AI battles - but if it’s like the old games you only get exp if you win.

Some more info...

Pokémon Lets Go Pikachu and Lets Go Evee will support online trading and online battling, but not competitive ranked battles.

Battles will be the traditional turn-based system, not like Go's battle system. However it will utilize Go's CP (combat power) system.

The game will be 720p in handheld mode, 1080p in docked mode.

The Pokémon company IS considering this a main Pokémon game, not an offshoot.

Your starter Pokémon (Pikachu & Evee) cannot be evolved. However you CAN evolve any Pikachus and Evees that you capture in the wild.

Last edited:
Okay nice. Then it’s strictly battles with other players online?

In the video it looks like there’s a battle with one of the “Bugcatcher” guys so it looks like there will be AI battles - but if it’s like the old games you only get exp if you win.

There are trainer vs AI trainer battles as well as gym battles. That hasn't changed. The biggest change is the wild pokemon battling. Honestly, if they had kept that the same the game goes from a 6.5-7 all the way up to at least a 9-9.5 for me.

There are trainer vs AI trainer battles as well as gym battles. That hasn't changed. The biggest change is the wild pokemon battling. Honestly, if they had kept that the same the game goes from a 6.5-7 all the way up to at least a 9-9.5 for me.

Yeah, I just don’t understand why they removed it.

Interesting that they are using Go's CP system. I guess that means no leveling up the traditional way. I need to see the odds and ends of this leveling-up system. Getting a pretty weird feeling about it.

Interesting that they are using Go's CP system. I guess that means no leveling up the traditional way. I need to see the odds and ends of this leveling-up system. Getting a pretty weird feeling about it.

I just get the feeling they are going to monetize it.

I spent hours as a kid walking around in the grass to level up my Pokémon. If you can’t do it that way then either you spend hours battling other people online or you cheat and buy the dust/CP/exp, etc.

They've already said it's not using the Go's leveling system with candy/stardust.

VN Store

Back