Battlefield 2018 is reported to be Battlefield Bad Company 3

We can only hope. Bad Company has always brought out the best in the Battlefield franchise. Spare me from another poorly made WW2 FPS.

Last edited:
A woman with a prosthetic arm in the trailer. I am disappoint. If it's not going to be accurate, just make the characters dinosaurs.

Reactions: Toujours Pret
Have they ever pretended to be 100% accurate? I mean it's a video game.

To me if you want to create an immersive game getting things right is important. It’s hard to buy into a story if things are just arbitrarily changed to suit an agenda. I get that some women play these games. That doesn’t change who fought in these wars. So if we’re going to ignore that for the sake of PC then just make everyone a dinosaur. Storm Normandy on the back of a velociraptor.

To me if you want to create an immersive game getting things right is important. It’s hard to buy into a story if things are just arbitrarily changed to suit an agenda. I get that some women play these games. That doesn’t change who fought in these wars. So if we’re going to ignore that for the sake of PC then just make everyone a dinosaur. Storm Normandy on the back of a velociraptor.
I mean I get what you are saying but I think all the backlash is a bit funny. Women are more included in these games and stories to appeal to a broader customer base and that's really the only reason they are there. It doesn't really make sense to me to complain about immersion in a FPS because of women characters when the same game has had an environment where it takes about 20 rounds from an LMG to kill an opponent. JMO

Reactions: K-town Vol Fan
Has some interesting new mechanics that should add to immersion (being thrown down by explosions, sliding, jumping, and rolling, more accurate reloading and reviving). The part about the prosthetic arm, for me, wasn't about it being there or on a woman. It was the fact that it behaved like a normal arm, which is silly. Even modern prosthetics don't behave as fluidly. My understanding is that the prosthetic, as well as many other items seen in the trailer, is a cosmetic piece.

I mean I get what you are saying but I think all the backlash is a bit funny. Women are more included in these games and stories to appeal to a broader customer base and that's really the only reason they are there. It doesn't really make sense to me to complain about immersion in a FPS because of women characters when the same game has had an environment where it takes about 20 rounds from an LMG to kill an opponent. JMO

But it doesn’t make sense. They want to appeal to women, fine. Then choose an alternate universe or a future setting. The fact is outside the Russians no one used women in conventional combat in WWII. If the politics of the times don’t jive with 2018, find other ground to explore. But revising history to sell a game is silly.

As for realism, you can play the hardcore modes and it only take a few rounds or a bolt action to put you down.

People making a big deal about women being in the game ruining realism...meanwhile nobody mentioning in the trailer a guy picks up a LIVE grenade, then proceeds to throw it up in the sky for your character to shoot mid-air and BLOW UP A PLANE?!? You literally alley-oop a grenade to blow a freaking plane out of the sky. I mean if we're gonna complain about these games lacking realism lets talk about the real legitimate problems here. Heck, in BF1 do yall not remember how many bullets it took to kill a horse??? Might as well have been a raid boss. These games have never been even semi "realistic" so why are we pretending women characters are what's sending it over the edge? BF has been a mess for a few years now

Pavlichenko was a badass female sniper. Maybe they’re drawing on her legacy. I don’t know, but I don’t really care. I’ll die and respawn with a ticket to capture 3 or 4 arbitrary flags, so whatever. As long as its fun and not pay to win, I couldn’t care less.

But it doesn’t make sense. They want to appeal to women, fine. Then choose an alternate universe or a future setting. The fact is outside the Russians no one used women in conventional combat in WWII. If the politics of the times don’t jive with 2018, find other ground to explore. But revising history to sell a game is silly.

As for realism, you can play the hardcore modes and it only take a few rounds or a bolt action to put you down.

DICE: We'll Always Put Fun Over Authentic; We Wanted To Empower Player Choice, Diversity & Inclusion

Battlefield has never been realistic. Pretty much no video game is.

All in all this is probably the most silly backlash I’ve ever seen. “It’s not historically accurate” wahhh. Guess what? It is an alternate reality because it’s a video game. There you go. Go read a history book then and put the controller down. Lmao

Basically this is Bad Company 3 with a WWII weapons mod.

Attachments

• BFV_RevealScreenshot_04.jpg
    BFV_RevealScreenshot_04.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 4

VN Store

Back