Battletech

LouderVol

Extra and Terrestrial
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxqmd_tE2WI[/youtube]

Anybody getting into this? Liked mech commander back in the day, hoping it keeps that feel. Supposed to have a X-Com like management system, and combat. but with big stampy robots.

Releases today at noon, left my computer on with the auto-update on so hopefully it will be ready when I get home.

I've been having loads of fun with this game. Have been getting a few performance issues, but is to be expected with a game this new.

I had a bug where I wasn't getting any of the priority missions. had to restart campaign. now I am having a lot of fun. It is a game that is challenging without the computer cheating or being OP. the AI is pretty well done imo

Failed a couple priority missions in the last week.

Twice when dealing with the Taurian APCs. lost before my second turn. by the time I beat it I took way more mech damage than I should have.

Just failed/gave up on the rescue/data retrieval mission. those heavy missile turrets are dumb. they fire enough to knockdown a mech in a single salvo.

Just failed/gave up on the rescue/data retrieval mission. those heavy missile turrets are dumb. they fire enough to knockdown a mech in a single salvo.

IKR. SRM Carrier tanks are giving me fits right now. They can literally take out a mech in one turn.

Guess I need to lock, target, and neuter those tanks at the very beginning of a match and ignore any enemy mechs.

IKR. SRM Carrier tanks are giving me fits right now. They can literally take out a mech in one turn.

Guess I need to lock, target, and neuter those tanks at the very beginning of a match and ignore any enemy mechs.

yeah, they are rough. I definitely target vehicles now first. I have been dealing with the triple PPC vehicles and Demolishers with 2 AC20s. its a crit every time they shoot. even being in cover and having a gyro upgrade it still made my heaviest mech unstable.

Reactions: 1 person
beat the campaign. its pretty fun, my biggest complaint is no multiple lance missions.

Running around now having fun, getting money, getting bots. not sure how much more I will put into though.

would be cool if you could continue to help shape the map. that would keep me playing evening if the toughest missions are walk thrus.

Matt have you played since the update?

supposed to be a bunch of updates. they even said there was enough to make multiple play thrus viable but I havent seen anything on that.

Matt have you played since the update?

supposed to be a bunch of updates. they even said there was enough to make multiple play thrus viable but I havent seen anything on that.

No. Sadly, I've been really busy over the past few weeks.

Just browsed through the patch notes and it seems like they've a lot of campaign customizability and performance enhancements.

Definitely gonna have to check it out when I have the chance.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back