New NCAA Football in 2020

Forever151

Saw a report today that EA Spots is wanting to release a NCAA football game in 2020 . But the community will be in charge for making the rosters and the post season will be different

Edit : Apparently it’s not EA Sports

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
So...as I understand it will have no real teams. It will be on the community to create and apply the real rosters to these teams. The NCAAF 13 and 14 communities are/were fantastic. You can still get accurate rosters for games that are now 5 years old. So I like the idea to give the sandbox type of game, knowing users will do the rest of the work.

Will look forward to development.

Summary of GC

Reactions: 1 person
So...as I understand it will have no real teams. It will be on the community to create and apply the real rosters to these teams. The NCAAF 13 and 14 communities are/were fantastic. You can still get accurate rosters for games that are now 5 years old. So I like the idea to give the sandbox type of game, knowing users will do the rest of the work.

Summary of GC

Not EA? Pass!

Summary of GC

I’ll give it a try definitely. I really miss my NCAA football

Hopefully it’s good because if it’s a success, they actually plan on getting licenses to teams and conferences and such in their 2nd game.

It will be years before this series (if it makes it to be a series) gets at a level of quality that people are wanting. I supported it with funding with the hopes that they can make it a reality, but it will be a long and hard road.

It will be years before this series (if it makes it to be a series) gets at a level of quality that people are wanting. I supported it with funding with the hopes that they can make it a reality, but it will be a long and hard road.

People want a College Football game, it’s worth a shot. I’ll buy it.

True. EA has a bad reputation but I liked how they did NCAAF games.

Don’t worry. EA will make a game where you can buy “skin packs” that are close to actual college designs. The catch being the only way you can get that skin will be through their microtransaction. Maybe $5 per team or $65 per conference.

Don’t worry. EA will make a game where you can buy “skin packs” that are close to actual college designs. The catch being the only way you can get that skin will be through their microtransaction. Maybe $5 per team or $65 per conference.

I'm so desperate for a new college football game, I'd probably pay that!

They wouldnt have to pay players. Just make the game with generic nameless/faceless rosters and let the community customize. It's that simple. All EA would have to do is program in an algorithm that randomly generates body types, skin color, names, and jersey numbers (per position) for each team. Then the community could refine and customize the rosters and share them with the rest of the community. There wouldnt be a damn thing the players could do about it.

They wouldnt have to pay players. Just make the game with generic nameless/faceless rosters and let the community customize. It's that simple. All EA would have to do is program in an algorithm that randomly generates body types, skin color, names, and jersey numbers (per position) for each team. Then the community could refine and customize the rosters and share them with the rest of the community. There wouldnt be a damn thing the players could do about it.

Yep. Give each team its overall rating for the upcoming season and then randomly generate a roster that fulfills that rating.

Playing with default rosters would be a little jarring because you might end up with a 6'6" white statue QB on a team that actually plays a 5'11" athletic black guy, but that's the only way to go about it without student athletes having a valid claim that they are in the game.

VN Store

Back