Twitch/YouTube Gaming

Yeah I stream occasionally don’t have much success but I don’t do it often enough. Now that I have a pc I may try to do it more often.

Couple other reasons to stream -

If you and a bunch of friends typically stream you can see what they are up to. Might make it easier to join up with one.

In sports games it's not uncommon to stream for the instant replay. Buddy of mine streams when playing Madden so he can see the previous play on a 2nd monitor immediately.

Doesn't take but a minute or two to slap a Paypal donation button on your twitch page. I have a couple friends that stream for the heck of it and have received random donations or donations from people asking to join/play with them randomly.

Also a good way to record videos, make highlights and clips. You can archive your play videos on twitch. Need to show a tip or trick to a friend you can clip it. Making clips is super easy on twitch.

There's plenty of reasons outside of just trying to make money to stream. But, it's not for everyone. I rarely ever stream.

Last edited:
I stream mainly only for Madden league and if I get a new game that friends want to see before they buy. Like Doc said, its nice for making highlights and clips.

I stream on Xbox One and PS4 but only because it’s easy to do since it’s integrated into the systems. And some friends and co-workers like to watch me play sometimes because we play the same games.

I wouldn’t go through the trouble to set up to stream older consoles or anything.

I didn’t know if I should start a new thread about this so I’ll post it here. But if anyone has ever seen or watched TotalBiscuit (aka The Cynical Brit) on YouTube or Twitch, he passed away. I was bumming hearing it. I really enjoyed his podcast and critiques and views on gaming. RIP.

I stream retro games a couple of times a week for fun, since video games has been a hobby of mine since I was a kid. It's really fun meeting people interested in the same games you are interested in. It's also useful for finding tournaments to join.

VN Store

Back