Dark Souls Remastered (PC, PS4, Xbox One, Switch)

G0 BIG 0RANGE

Praise the f***ing Sun!

"Experience the rich world of Dark Souls in upscaled 4K resolution with 60FPS when playing on a PlayStation 4 Pro system, Xbox One X, and PC," reads the press release. "Also, 1080p resolution with 30FPS is available when playing the game on Nintendo Switch with its TV mode."

It will also include some gameplay changes like support for up to 6 players online and other quality of life updates similar to what was found in Dark Souls 3.

Abnormal Traffic Detected

Great game. Might pick this up as a way to replay it without dusting off my 360. Lol

I've never played anything other than DS:3 - looks like I'm in for a treat here!

Reactions: 1 person
I've never played anything other than DS:3 - looks like I'm in for a treat here!

Yes, you are. I’m jealous you get to experience this one for the first time. The combat isn’t as refined as DS3, and some of the late game content was rushed for deadlines, but the level design, music, characters, and bosses are probably my all around favorite.

You’re in for a treat getting to go back in time to see the history behind some characters, armors, weapons, bosses, and locations. DS1 and 3 feel more like direct sequels to one another than 2.

Reactions: 2 people
One of the most frustratingly satisfying games of all time.

What was your toughest boss fight?

Mine's a tie between Ornstein/Smough on NG+ and Artorias. Was using a 2h DEX build.

One of the most frustratingly satisfying games of all time.

What was your toughest boss fight?

Mine's a tie between Ornstein/Smough on NG+ and Artorias. Was using a 2h DEX build.

Yeah, I had no idea what it was about when I first got it in 2011. I made it to the Capra Demon before giving up for a couple of months. I was a complete idiot when it came to the mechanics, but after three months solo, it ended up being the most satisfying game I’ve played in years.

Capra is the only one to ever make me quit one of these games, so I’ll give him an honorary mention.

O&S probably killed me more than any boss in all of the series.

Artorias, Manus, and Kalameet were all very tough.

Bed of Chaos is probably the biggest pain in the ass and the only one I dread fighting.

Yeah, I had no idea what it was about when I first got it in 2011. I made it to the Capra Demon before giving up for a couple of months. I was a complete idiot when it came to the mechanics, but after three months solo, it ended up being the most satisfying game I’ve played in years.

Capra is the only one to ever make me quit one of these games, so I’ll give him an honorary mention.

O&S probably killed me more than any boss in all of the series.

Artorias, Manus, and Kalameet were all very tough.

Bed of Chaos is probably the biggest pain in the ass and the only one I dread fighting.

I've never conventionally defeated BoC or Capra. I had to exploit.

I also to this day will never understand what it is I did to beat Four Kings.

I've never conventionally defeated BoC or Capra. I had to exploit.

I also to this day will never understand what it is I did to beat Four Kings.

Shoot the BoC’s orbs and restart game to spawn at beginning of the fight?

Run up stairs above Capra and drop attack?

Four Kings is just a timed rush I’ve figured. Drop as much damage as possible before they all arrive together. Even as one is dying you can continue to hurt them collectively if you keep hitting one as he disappears.

I’ll admit. O&S was the only boss I couldn’t beat on my on. I had to summon others. Lmao. Honestly at the time though, Quelagg of all bosses gave me the second hardest time.

Also, funnily enough I beat Capra on Like try number 2 or 3. I got extremely lucky id say.

Last edited:
I’ll admit. O&S was the only boss I couldn’t beat on my on. I had to summon others. Lmao. Honestly at the time though, Quelagg of all bosses gave me the second hardest time.

It’s okay, I eventually had to cheese Ornstein with arrows from behind the broken pillars to get anything done in that fight. I jumped out of my seat and did an actual fist pump into the sky when he finally went down. Oh yeah, Quelaag did suck, and not knowing about the starting gift key required me to go through all of Blighttown rather than quick skip it all.

It’s okay, I eventually had to cheese Ornstein with arrows from behind the broken pillars to get anything done in that fight. I jumped out of my seat and did an actual fist pump into the sky when he finally went down. Oh yeah, Quelaag did suck, and not knowing about the starting gift key required me to go through all of Blighttown rather than quick skip it all.

Blightown. Ugh. The horrors. Lol. Nothing beats those stupid archers in Anor Londo though. It took me HOURS to get past those aholes.

Blightown. Ugh. The horrors. Lol. Nothing beats those stupid archers in Anor Londo though. It took me HOURS to get past those aholes.

Yes, can’t forget about those guys. Before I even take off to Sen’s Fortress, I always buy as many poison arrows as I can for those archers in Anor Londo. You can slowly poison them to death with an non-upgraded longbow.

Dude, **** those guys. Nothing worse than finally getting up there before running off the edge in excitement.

You Dark Soulites (like myself) should give Nioh a try.

It pretty much mimics Souls in every way.

Think Dark Souls but a Samurai version.

Yeah I need to get around to Nioh. Played the demo and loved it. Just too many games not enough time situation. Lol.

If you try Nioh just be warned the first level (which is essentially a tutorial) will feel nothing like Souls. It is actually very different from the rest of the game. I was pretty “meh” about it until I got past the first level.

I think I'm finally too old to play through a game like this. I've grown more impatient with frustrating games over the years and I tried playing the original on the 360 when it was given as a free Games for Gold game, and after an hour I was like "Yeah....no".

I might pick it up on the Switch since I can play it mobile but I'll likely never finish it.

I think I'm finally too old to play through a game like this. I've grown more impatient with frustrating games over the years and I tried playing the original on the 360 when it was given as a free Games for Gold game, and after an hour I was like "Yeah....no".

I might pick it up on the Switch since I can play it mobile but I'll likely never finish it.

I’ll help you on any platform. You’re not too old. I’m in my 30s. It’s definitely not a game you’ll get in an hour.

Edit: except PC

I like it for its difficulty. Nothing more satisfying in a video game than to finally beat a boss or get past a point after failing dozens of times.

There was one particular fight in the DLC against a guy named Artorias, and you literally had to time every millisecond of the fight correctly or you died. He had a ton of health, so you're talking about 15-20 minutes of rolling and dodging until you got a tiny opportunity to chip at him. Took me about 4 or 5 hours total over the course of a couple weeks before I finally got him. Best feeling ever.

I like it for its difficulty. Nothing more satisfying in a video game than to finally beat a boss or get past a point after failing dozens of times.

There was one particular fight in the DLC against a guy named Artorias, and you literally had to time every millisecond of the fight correctly or you died. He had a ton of health, so you're talking about 15-20 minutes of rolling and dodging until you got a tiny opportunity to chip at him. Took me about 4 or 5 hours total over the course of a couple weeks before I finally got him. Best feeling ever.

Agreed.

Video games are too easy these days, especially if you do a bit of grinding.

Loved Assasins Creed Origins.... beat the final boss without thinking about it

Agreed.

Video games are too easy these days, especially if you do a bit of grinding.

Loved Assasins Creed Origins.... beat the final boss without thinking about it

Yeah, there is no amount of grinding in Souls that will make the game easy mode. I’ve been level 250+ in Dark Souls and been killed by the skeletons in the graveyard at the very beginning, and I’ve been level 1 and made it to O&S.

In Souls, when you die, and you will die a lot, it’s more than likely because you got ahead of yourself, wasn’t paying attention to the importance of your stamina, and/or tried to hack and slash.

Yeah, there is no amount of grinding in Souls that will make the game easy mode. I’ve been level 250+ in Dark Souls and been killed by the skeletons in the graveyard at the very beginning, and I’ve been level 1 and made it to O&S.

In Souls, when you die, and you will die a lot, it’s more than likely because you got ahead of yourself, wasn’t paying attention to the importance of your stamina, and/or tried to hack and slash.

yup, armor and health really are arbitrary. Neither are going to help you very much if you can't fight strategically.

VN Store

Back