Christmas gaming haul....

Brave Volunteer

Post your gaming haul from Christmas here.

Of course we gave my son the Nintendo Switch (But technically it was to the whole family) from Santa along with Mario Kart and Mario Odyssey. He also got Splatoon 2 and an extra set of Joycons from grandma. Today he wants to use his Christmas money and buy Zelda. I have to say the machine is lot of fun! The games are great and offers a different enough experience to justify owning it as a companion to the "HD Twins" PS4 and X1.

I really appreciate the Switchs simple and snappy UI. It's quite refreshing after dealing with the bloat of the X1 and to a lesser degree, the PS4's UI.

What's interesting is my wife and I prefer to play it on our 60" plasma while our 7 year old prefers to play it as a handheld and take it out of the dock and play it in his bedroom or on the couch.

I got GT Sport Deluxe Edition in the collectors tin. Damn I'm really liking it and I got it just in time with Polyphony just adding GT League! Now they just need to add offline game saves. The lack of dynamic weather and day/night cycles is disappointing but overall, the game is gorgeous and a dream to play.

Last edited:
Switch came in the mail today for the family. Just got it hooked up and we have played some Mario kart and Odyssey.
Kart is great for little kids. My 3 year old was able to finish in something other than last place like on Wii.
Odyssey is expansive and looks like a great game to get them used to a multi controller set up.
Can't wait to pick up Zelda.

Got some stuff for the Switch. Some amiibo for Zelda and the blue/red joycons.

How much is that setup?

The wheel I got on sale for $200. The shifter is $40. The stand was pricey but worth it at $189. The chair is a family heirloom.

I love the setup. It’s very adjustable and very sturdy.

Dude that’s sick

Thanks. I’ve toyed around with getting this stuff for years. It’s fun. Very difficult though. Nailing a fast lap or having a clean race feels like an achievement.

Thanks. I’ve toyed around with getting this stuff for years. It’s fun. Very difficult though. Nailing a fast lap or having a clean race feels like an achievement.

I use to enjoy playing Forza 5, but I always felt like I was handicapped trying to drive on a controller after I realized how many people have a steering wheel, pedal, stick setup.

I may have continued playing if it didn't throw up how awful I did in comparison with everyone else that ever ran that track. Really made me lose interest. At some point I said I need to either get a steering wheel setup or just quit and move along to another game.

giphy.

VN Store

Back