Headphones or Headsets?

G0 BIG 0RANGE

My old Astro A50s crapped out on me this week so I’m looking for replacements, and in my research I’ve stumbled upon the notion that I’m apparently a moron for using “gaming headsets” for all of these years. Do any of you use audiophile headphones with separate mics or modmics? Everywhere I look for top rated gaming sound experiences, I’m pointed towards using something like Sennheiser or Audio Technica headphones with a separate mic.

Reactions: 1 person
I jump on the headphones subreddit every now and then. They have lots of good recommendations, but in general, they're all going to be manufacturers that make mid/hi-fi stuff outside of just gaming (like the sens and technicas).

I'm a super casual gamer, but people over there always talk about how they can hear other player steps better with good cans.

I have the Audio Technica ATH M30’s. Got them so I could watch my programs with a baby on my chest. I use them in BF1 and yes you can hear people running up on you. It’s funny to hear someone planning to melee you and you’ve turned and are ready to shoot their balls off when they get close.

I paid $40 but I see now the new model is $70.

Last edited:
I have the Audio Technica ATH M30’s. Got them so I could watch my programs with a baby on my chest. I use them in BF1 and yes you can hear people running up on you. It’s funny to hear someone planning to melee you and you’ve turned and are ready to shoot their balls off when they get close.

I paid $40 but I see now the new model is $70.

I read they go on sale a lot during Black Friday and Prime Day on Amazon I’ll have to grab a pair of something like this

I jump on the headphones subreddit every now and then. They have lots of good recommendations, but in general, they're all going to be manufacturers that make mid/hi-fi stuff outside of just gaming (like the sens and technicas).

I'm a super casual gamer, but people over there always talk about how they can hear other player steps better with good cans.

I may have to grab a pair on sale Black Friday

VN Store

Back