Battlefront 2 free beta this weekend

tweezervol

Free beta this weekend on Xbox. Assume other platforms as well but don't know for sure.

On mobile, couldn't find the main thread.

It looks nice but I didn’t care too much for the game play.

Been playing this. Graphics are great, also really liking the different eras of star wars they put into it. Big improvement over last battle front so far imo.

Heard there were ridiculous free to play mobile like micro transactions in this game. If so, that's ridiculous.

Looks nice and I was really wanting this game before the Beta. Gunplay is just awful IMO and the Pay to Win setup they have is just about the most egregious example of it in gaming. Every bit of progression is tied directly to the loot boxes and guess what........you can buy loot boxes with microtransactions. I may get it down the road in 6 months for the single player campaign ONLY, or I may just wait until Viscereal comes out with their new Star Wars RPG.

I tried the beta and it was ok. Don't think I'd pay full price for it. Maybe on sale like the first one. I think I picked it up with all the expansions for like $10-15.

I tried the beta and it was ok. Don't think I'd pay full price for it. Maybe on sale like the first one. I think I picked it up with all the expansions for like $10-15.

I’m the same. I actually really enjoyed the first one and got all the DLC when it was on sale. I’m looking forward to the single player, too.

I thought the beta was fun even though I sucked.

Glad to see they changed the loot boxes being tied to progression. Will pick it up, especially since I can get it at Best Buy for 47 and then get a 10 reward certificate on top of that.

Glad to see they changed the loot boxes being tied to progression. Will pick it up, especially since I can get it at Best Buy for 47 and then get a 10 reward certificate on top of that.

They've changed it some, but there's still some pay to win there with damage boosts, xp boosts, etc all in loot boxes.

Reactions: 1 person
Holy crap EA!!! Got to give them props here, this is amazing.......also don't screw around with Star Wars nerds lol

Don't really care about this game but it's great they completely turned it off for now. Good win for the gamer it appears.

Be careful about thinking that tweet is a good thing. It says they’re going to bring back loot crates later.

Pretty easy to see they're backing off so they have a strong release and then bringing the pay to win model back after everyone has purchased and the backlash has died down a bit.

I really liked the beta, but won’t be purchasing.

Be careful about thinking that tweet is a good thing. It says they’re going to bring back loot crates later.

Pretty easy to see they're backing off so they have a strong release and then bringing the pay to win model back after everyone has purchased and the backlash has died down a bit.

My guess is it comes back right around Christmas when there will be a ton of new purchases, and no controversy surrounding the game.

I'm passing too.

I know it will come back, but if they make the changes they are talking about, that will be great. I don't have a problem with loot crates, they are here and they aren't leaving anytime soon. Them being directly tied to progression and at the same time the credits earned from play are so much less, then that's the problem. I think they see what the community will do if they don't change this and I think that's what they are doing. I just picked it up at lunch but wont play any til later.

Talked to a friend of mine who plays this game. Holy crap the setup is terrible. You have to play forever to unlock heros. He said it's all garbage and really ruins it. Even with these turned off it's just ridiculous the effort you have to go through to unlock and play as different guys.

Pass.

Talked to a friend of mine who plays this game. Holy crap the setup is terrible. You have to play forever to unlock heros. He said it's all garbage and really ruins it. Even with these turned off it's just ridiculous the effort you have to go through to unlock and play as different guys.

Pass.
little bit of hyperbole IMO. The credit reward system needs some work and they are currently changing it, but it doesn't take that long to unlock stuff. Currently you are awarded credits for time played in a round, which they are changing to round performance (not sure why they thought round time would be a good ideal) and it doesn't take that long to unlock heros. You get a ton for achievements which you get very often. I have been playing a lot this weekend since Friday and have just about everything unlocked.

little bit of hyperbole IMO. The credit reward system needs some work and they are currently changing it, but it doesn't take that long to unlock stuff. Currently you are awarded credits for time played in a round, which they are changing to round performance (not sure why they thought round time would be a good ideal) and it doesn't take that long to unlock heros. You get a ton for achievements which you get very often. I have been playing a lot this weekend since Friday and have just about everything unlocked.

I thought I saw somewhere that it was something crazy like 4,000 hours to unlock all heroes. I haven't done the math, but it doesn't feel complete if I have to play for months to play as one of the main characters.

Didn't they also add cool down periods?

I thought I saw somewhere that it was something crazy like 4,000 hours to unlock all heroes. I haven't done the math, but it doesn't feel complete if I have to play for months to play as one of the main characters.

Didn't they also add cool down periods?
Cool down period?

Cool down period?

I'm too dumb to figure out how to post YouTube videos from mobile, but if you search for battlefront 2 cool down you'll see it.

The one video shows a 3 hour cool down. Thought I saw on Reddit that people were getting up to 14 hours.

I'm too dumb to figure out how to post YouTube videos from mobile, but if you search for battlefront 2 cool down you'll see it.

The one video shows a 3 hour cool down. Thought I saw on Reddit that people were getting up to 14 hours.
Oh OK, that's only in arcade mode. Haven't really played that yet, so haven't seen that cool down period. It's not in the rest of the game.

Lol people are funny.

[Youtube]http://youtu.be/9CNpzaJk-rs[/youtube]

Guy Builds Robot To Grind (Badly) For Battlefront II Loot Boxes

There are two ways to unlock stuff in Battlefront II. You could pay for it, which sucks, or you could build a sense of pride and accomplishment by constructing a robot to grind progression for you.

Lowberg has opted for the latter, whipping up this cute lil’ joke robot that obviously can’t play the game properly, but can do just enough to stop him getting booted for inactivity by occasionally jumping and moving the player around, thus picking up points just for participating.

It’s not a genuinely useful thing that’s actually going to get him hundreds of loot boxes (see above), but if he had a good book to read or some hoops to watch on another screen, this would at least be a good way to get two things done at once.

Finished up the campaign last night.....even though they will be adding to the campaign with the next free DLC next week, and I am pretty sure they answered the question as to who Rey's parents are/were.

VN Store

Back