MUT match-ups

VolForLife83

I just got back into Madden last year. I'm seriously addicted to MUT. I'm an above average player, who understands how to attack and defend concepts. What is blowing my mind, is when I'm getting dominated by lower tier players. For instance, I'll have a stronger line across the board, I'll know the play and how to stop it, but my line will be over-powerd by anow inferior o line, or do line. My LBs will struggle to tackle wimpy rbs.

For example:
I have a 90 overall Reggie White that could not get off his blocks against an 80 ovr RT Rob Havenstein.

I'll have talent gaps like that and my lineman will get knocked on their butts.

Vice-versa when I'm on offense. Better line can't block.

Another example is his 81 overall LE Frank Clark completely man handled my 87 ovr RT Marcus Gilbert. There is a speed gap there, but other than that, Gilbert statistically should have been able to have kept him under wraps.

It's stuff like this across all positions I'm not understanding and it's ruining the experience for me.

I have tried chemistry, different styles of playbooks and players with different attributes. Anyone else have these issues?

Is online play dumbed down? Do I need to pay attention to certain attributes?

I'm All Pro first string which makes up only 2% of players. Like I said, I'm not that bad, but when stuff like this happens it drives me crazy

EA has an equalizer in their system that allows people like that to stay in the game, it allows the younger generation and ones that dont understand football have a chance to win

That 90 Reggie White is usually a pretty decent card.

I picked up the 92 Rod Woodson legend card and he’s an absolute beast. By far my most productive player on defense.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't MUT h2h games played on arcade mode? Making it less realistic and more flare than the simulation mode.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't MUT h2h games played on arcade mode? Making it less realistic and more flare than the simulation mode.

Pretty sure h2h MUT games are in competitive mode.

I was way addicted to UT last year but it got to a point were literally everyone it matched me up against had 99s all over the field. My team was a 92 when I stopped playing. I think they release way too many cards when it gets toward the end just trying to get people to keep playing. It has the opposite effect on me

Ive played a little this year my teams like an 82. I just hate how they try so hard to get you to buy those packs. Its like play 50 hours to this great card or just spend 20 bucks and buy it.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back