(heavy breathing).....

done right this could be awesome. Fallout/Elder Scrolls meets GoT and there is real potential there. would be cool if you were a non-story member while the story unfolded around you.

Reactions: 1 person
done right this could be awesome. Fallout/Elder Scrolls meets GoT and there is real potential there. would be cool if you were a non-story member while the story unfolded around you.

I would love an open map of westeros where you can explore and what not

Saw this and thought about posting but wanted to wait for confirmation. Other than CD Projeckt Red, Bethesda is the best we can hope for a proper GoT game.

Honestly, I think I'd prefer if this was set in an alternate time period that doesn't involve the characters from the books/show.

There are just too many highly familiar characters for an open-world RPG, and there's no way the developers would be able to do them justice. Imagine how immersion-breaking it would be to talk to Tyrion or Arya or something and they spout off the same 5 lines in a row like every NPC.

But it might be a hard sell to just release a "Game of Thrones-inspired" game and not have the characters everyone knows in it.

Honestly, I think I'd prefer if this was set in an alternate time period that doesn't involve the characters from the books/show.

There are just too many highly familiar characters for an open-world RPG, and there's no way the developers would be able to do them justice. Imagine how immersion-breaking it would be to talk to Tyrion or Arya or something and they spout off the same 5 lines in a row like every NPC.

But it might be a hard sell to just release a "Game of Thrones-inspired" game and not have the characters everyone knows in it.

I don't think you would need to drop in every character for it to feel immersive. Have the heads of the households that you can interact with as a stand in for the various guilds and what not, and have the NPCs gossip about the other characters that you can never interact with. or only once.

Be dope if it were in the age of heroes. Basically, a distant prequel.

Then it would just be Skyrim in a different location. Lol. Essos would be Eslwyr.

I was skeptical... I found it hard to believe a retailer(Target) would have any knowledge of or anything to do with a super secret game still in heavy development.

VN Store

Back