GameStop and Arbitrage

A company as big as Gamestop surely has automated scripts running that adjust prices based on stock ratios on a daily basis. Sounds like anyone who hit um today got gold but I bet this is corrected by tomorrow morning!

I would agree with Swil. But, I think they all make this info available online. So, unless they do it more often or to the whole tier you could probably figure out something each day with enough effort. I'd guess they are in tiers for trade in value, etc. So, a little programming and you could just have a computer tell you what to buy/sell/trade. Probably already exists and has for awhile.

I approve if anyone pulled this off and made some good money. I don't have the time right now. Good work GBO.

It has been corrected. Nice to anyone that pulled it off yesterday.

I would agree with Swil. But, I think they all make this info available online. So, unless they do it more often or to the whole tier you could probably figure out something each day with enough effort. I'd guess they are in tiers for trade in value, etc. So, a little programming and you could just have a computer tell you what to buy/sell/trade. Probably already exists and has for awhile.

I approve if anyone pulled this off and made some good money. I don't have the time right now. Good work GBO.

I traded in 18 games, most of which I've got digitally or are on sale right now during the Xbox and PS4 summer sales. Got a little under $600, bought back the ones I wanted to keep with the Buy 2 Get 1. Also bought an assortment of 6 Switch, WiiU, 3DS, and DS games to trade in for the 70% bonus at another store. Ended up with all of my major games back, either physical or digital, with right at $500 in credit for an Xbox One X this November.

Strange thing is a lot of GameStops were turning people away or evening threatening to ban them, but the official GameStop Facebook account said enjoy the deal. It's not like GameStop doesn't flip people's games for a huge margin every day. This was the first time I've shopped with them in years and I'd planned on getting the One X elsewhere.

Strange thing is a lot of GameStops were turning people away or evening threatening to ban them

I would have told that minimum wage store manager to go get ****ed. It's not people's fault that they didn't think about a deal that they promoted. Pretty sure they are very ok with offering 10 dollar trade in on a game that released 3 weeks prior. GS can burn for all I care.

I would have told that minimum wage store manager to go get ****ed. It's not people's fault that they didn't think about a deal that they promoted. Pretty sure they are very ok with offering 10 dollar trade in on a game that released 3 weeks prior. GS can burn for all I care.

Well, as long as it doesn't burn before November 7

Dang, this was gangsta. I don't hate GameStop or anything but at the same time I don't mind if they get screwed over sometimes.

I bet the guy that scheduled these promos concurrently will be looking for a new job soon.

I was trading in my old cable modem on Amazon and the price they were giving me was about what I had paid for it 6 years ago. That seemed silly to me so I got on eBay and found a box of 6 of them for $80 or something. They were offering $40-45 for the unit so I just slapped a label on the eBay ones and shipped it off immediately. You can lock in the prices on Amazon trade in for 30 days I believe so if you find a favorable deal you have time to look for others to turn in.

Everyone at Gamestop will be looking for jobs as they start going the way of Blockbuster soon.

Amazon trade in is so easy, shipping is free, and you can use the credit for anything on Amazon. I certainly don't like the idea of trading my stuff in at GameStop or some other specific store that limits what I can spend the money on. Amazon will eventually eat their lunch as well. Adapt or die.

VN Store

Back