Games You Wish Someone Would Make (Part 2?)

SWIL

( •_•)O*¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•)
I could have sworn there was thread on this topic but after about 15 mins of searching, I had no luck in finding it.

With the new season right around the corner, I had a good idea for a non-RPG Game of Thrones game.

The premise is pretty simple - old school fighter in 3d or 2d (I've always preferred 3d fighters) that plays out like Tekken/Soul Calibur/Bushido Blade but features fighters from the GoT universe.

Tons of character content to throw in; could even have hidden/unlockable fighters like Tyrion or Hotpie!

I'd like to see George R.R. Martin just give CD Projekt the rights to the ASOIAF story and let them create a Witcher 3-style RPG.

Reactions: 4 people
An open world action RPG that takes place in "Toon Town" (from Who Framed Roger Rabbit).

A 2d hand drawn Marvel VS DC fighting game.

An open world survival horror game based on the "Halloween" movies.

Call of Duty/Battlefield Civil War.

A true sequel to Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
A Rockstar Bully-like Harry Potter RPG

A new Quidditch game. Silly fun like Rocket League.

LotR Witcher-like world with Souls-like combat

GoT Witcher-like world with Souls-like combat.

TWD open world RPG

Like Brave said, another KotOR

Another game like Fallout New Vegas made by Obsidian

ES more like Morrowind or even Oblivion

Final Fantasy Tactics 2

Suikoden 6

Silent Hills

More 2D Castlevania. Old school or Metroidvania. Or, since Dark Souls is the closest thing to a 3D Castlevania I've played, a Castlevania with Souls-like combat.

Demon's Souls 2. Or Miyazaki just continuing to make the games.

Reactions: 2 people
A Mechwarrior game where a dropship carrying a load of mechs and pilots encounters some anomaly in space and is catapulted backwards through time and space and ends up on earth just as the War of the Worlds is about to start.

A Mechwarrior game where a dropship carrying a load of mechs and pilots encounters some anomaly in space and is catapulted backwards through time and space and ends up on earth just as the War of the Worlds is about to start.

That sounds awesome. Mechwarrior was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the thread title. But honestly I'd just be happy with a Mechwarrior game that was good.

I always thought Mechwarrior 2 was a game ahead of its time

A Rockstar Bully-like Harry Potter RPG

A new Quidditch game. Silly fun like Rocket League.

LotR Witcher-like world with Souls-like combat

GoT Witcher-like world with Souls-like combat.

TWD open world RPG

Like Brave said, another KotOR

Another game like Fallout New Vegas made by Obsidian

ES more like Morrowind or even Oblivion

Final Fantasy Tactics 2

Suikoden 6

Silent Hills

More 2D Castlevania. Old school or Metroidvania. Or, since Dark Souls is the closest thing to a 3D Castlevania I've played, a Castlevania with Souls-like combat.

Demon's Souls 2. Or Miyazaki just continuing to make the games.

You've got some good ones here

Rambo or Predator (the original w/ Arnold) could be adapted to an amazing game if visually styled like Metal Gear Solid 5.

Also, a realistic fighting game without super powers (throwing flaming projectiles). Just fighting using different, specific martial arts styles. Before you say, "try UFC 2" Ive played it. But I long for a game with more realistic fighting, but the creative fictional tournament ala mortal Kombat.

Pit Fighter could really shine on the current generation consoles.

Last edited:
Give me a LotR game in the style of Elder Scrolls with the ability to travel through the whole map of ME....I would never leave my PC again.

There can also be a DLC for traveling to the East like the 2 blue wizards and another DLC for traveling to Valinor.

Last edited:
I'd like to see George R.R. Martin just give CD Projekt the rights to the ASOIAF story and let them create a Witcher 3-style RPG.

It's a shame, and somewhat mind-boggling at this point, that the video game and film industries are like oil and water still.

Most movie based games still suck or are, at best, average. And don't even get me started on game based movies...

It's a shame, and somewhat mind-boggling at this point, that the video game and film industries are like oil and water still.

Most movie based games still suck or are, at best, average. And don't even get me started on game based movies...

Aside from Goldeneye, the movie based games mostly sucked. The Witcher is the best game series based on a book I've played. Probably better than the books. Metro was good too. The GoT Telltale game was okay, but the PS3/360 action RPG was awful. A couple of the PS2/Xbox LotR action titles weren't bad, and Shadow of Mordor was incredible. The HP PoA turn based RPG on GBC was pretty good, and TOotP/HBP/Lego Harry Potter on PS3/360 were pretty good.

Speaking of Shadow of Mordor, it's $4 on PS4 and Xbox right now if none of y'all have played it. It's Assassin's Creed movement and climbing with Batman combat. Won many GOTY awards back in 2014 or 2015.

Left 4 Dead 3

Yes!!! While I would absolutely love a few of the games already mentioned (an rpg Harry Potter, witcher type games) I have been wanting L4D3 for years. I played the first two nonstop. They never get boring. Then I sold my 360 a few years ago and figured surely they would have a next gen one out by now.

You guys are listing too many sequels of existing franchises. Stretch your imaginations a little and give us some game wishes that aren't existing IP's.

You guys are listing too many sequels of existing franchises. Stretch your imaginations a little and give us some game wishes that aren't existing IP's.

Okay, how about RDR-like version Stephen King's The Dark Tower series? Or a Fallout-like The Stand? Or let TellTale run with IT. Alan Wake was basically Stephen King but, besides The Lawnmower Man, I can't think of any of his works becoming a video game.

Last edited:
Kingdom Come: Deliverance is close to my "dream" game--a low-fantasy medieval RPG that's realistic and involves your character starting with nothing and having no real combat skills.

I've always found Bethesda-style RPGs to be their most fun when my character was intentionally awful at combat and forced to resort to theft, bartering, and carefully picking fights in order to advance and level up (plus, there's nothing more satisfying than getting chased out of a dungeon at a low level and finally coming back 20+ hours later to slaughter everything).

I think a game world where fighting anyone--whether it's another peasant or especially an armed guard--is a huge roll of the dice would be really immersive, but ONLY if alternative ways to progress consisted of great gameplay mechanics.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is close to my "dream" game--a low-fantasy medieval RPG that's realistic and involves your character starting with nothing and having no real combat skills.

I've always found Bethesda-style RPGs to be their most fun when my character was intentionally awful at combat and forced to resort to theft, bartering, and carefully picking fights in order to advance and level up (plus, there's nothing more satisfying than getting chased out of a dungeon at a low level and finally coming back 20+ hours later to slaughter everything).

I think a game world where fighting anyone--whether it's another peasant or especially an armed guard--is a huge roll of the dice would be really immersive, but ONLY if alternative ways to progress consisted of great gameplay mechanics.

I'm jonesing hard for some some deliverance action. (no, not the kind with banjos!!)

VN Store

Back